Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 252611 times)

Offline Varadi

• General Member
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #9075 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 06:54:42 PM »
EU getting serious now

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #9076 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 07:32:17 PM »
Holy s*** just saw the Miliband speech. What a cracker. Boris completely dominated.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #9077 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 07:43:03 PM »
"He's a details man" :lol:
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #9078 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 10:18:55 PM »
Great moment for Ed, absolute murder.

I think it’s about time to start talking directly to Tory MPs, asking them not to attach themselves to Boris.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #9079 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 10:36:57 PM »
Bill unsurprisingly has passed, 340 votes to 263. Hopefully the Lords will destroy it.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #9080 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 10:37:07 PM »
Great moment for Ed, absolute murder.

I think it’s about time to start talking directly to Tory MPs, asking them not to attach themselves to Boris.

Good luck with that. They mightn't like him personally but by God do they love him making England great again.

This is absolute dream time for them and their voters, particularly the most recent bunch. All they'll be interested in, and rightly so, is what can we do next?

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #9081 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:12:00 PM »
Fair bit of admittedly social media goss speculating that Johnson is set to resign in January

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #9082 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:13:51 PM »
Would make sense. Deliver on brexit then walk away when the real damage starts.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #9083 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:47:28 PM »
Just like his pal Cameron.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #9084 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:47:29 PM »

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #9085 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:47:30 PM »

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #9086 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:55:08 PM »

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #9087 on: Monday 14 September 2020, 11:59:55 PM »
I don't think the bill will see the light of day. This is all theatre. The Euro clearing thing is hugely helpful as now both sides are waving threats they can't follow through with.

I'm still convinced there'll be an agreement of sorts- but I think I may be suffering from some sort of delusion.

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #9088 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 09:06:00 AM »
Fair bit of admittedly social media goss speculating that Johnson is set to resign in January

Was actually meaning to stick a post in the UK Politics thread somewhat related to this the other day. Looking through Oddschecker the other day, I glanced at the politics section and saw Starmer is favourite to be next PM at 2/1. While logic dictates leader of the opposition would be favourite, it feels like there's massive value if you could get the next Tory leader correct.

Just feels like people are going to be happy with a cycle of sticking the boot in to whoever the Tory PM is for the next five years, without taking a step back and asking just why so many successive PMs from the same party have had to stand down. I could see at least another two Tory PMs before the next GE; unless I'm missing something in this theory that could trigger an early GE?

Offline Cf

• General Member
« Reply #9089 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 09:12:54 AM »

Was actually meaning to stick a post in the UK Politics thread somewhat related to this the other day. Looking through Oddschecker the other day, I glanced at the politics section and saw Starmer is favourite to be next PM at 2/1. While logic dictates leader of the opposition would be favourite, it feels like there's massive value if you could get the next Tory leader correct.

Just feels like people are going to be happy with a cycle of sticking the boot in to whoever the Tory PM is for the next five years, without taking a step back and asking just why so many successive PMs from the same party have had to stand down. I could see at least another two Tory PMs before the next GE; unless I'm missing something in this theory that could trigger an early GE?

They've got an 80 seat majority. It's hard to imagine an event that would cause them to call an early election.

When you watch Johnson in that debate, PMQs, etc you do have to wonder why he's in the job. He looks absolutely broken. And everything looks set to be going further downhill from here.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #9090 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 10:09:19 AM »

They've got an 80 seat majority. It's hard to imagine an event that would cause them to call an early election.

When you watch Johnson in that debate, PMQs, etc you do have to wonder why he's in the job. He looks absolutely broken. And everything looks set to be going further downhill from here.

Most of those so-called 'red-wall' seats, were from Labour voters who wanted Brexit to happen.
I think the media is failing to do it's job to at least acknowledge - and from what I've heard a lot of these voters say - that this was a temporary measure, at best.
I heard one middle-aged women from the midlands say she felt like she had to hold her nose to vote for them.
Once this Brexit bollocks is settled, I have a suspicion, we'll see a far closer election.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #9091 on: Tuesday 15 September 2020, 10:56:08 PM »
The Germans calling us despots  :lol: it's come full circle

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #9092 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:53:15 AM »
Well this is awkward

Online gbandit

• General Member
  • Brighton
« Reply #9093 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 08:54:57 AM »
UK: How to lose friends and alienate people.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #9094 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 09:30:30 AM »
UK: How to lose friends and alienate people.
Yeah but so. By then no deal brexit is through and Boris rides off in to the sunset hundreds of millions of pounds richer with his mate Crispin Odey.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #9095 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 09:54:51 AM »
Well this is awkward

Not to live in the past, but I think these Americans need to think back to who won the Siege of Fort Mifflin during September 26 – November 15, 1777

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #9096 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:29:27 AM »
The Miliband take down of Johnson encapsulates the Brexit debacle. Its been happening for years....

EUphobe "The EU forces us to do loads of things we don't want to and as a sovereign nation we shouldn't have to ?"

EUphile " like what ? "

Answers come there none.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #9097 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:32:02 AM »
The Miliband take down of Johnson encapsulates the Brexit debacle. Its been happening for years....

EUphobe "The EU forces us to do loads of things we don't want to and as a sovereign nation we shouldn't have to ?"

EUphile " like what ? "

Answers come there none.

VAT.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
  • London, UK
« Reply #9098 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:36:33 AM »

EUphile " like what ? "

Answers come there none.

VAT.

Didn't Osbourne take that up to the current 20%?

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #9099 on: Wednesday 16 September 2020, 10:37:51 AM »

EUphile " like what ? "

Answers come there none.

VAT.
Which aspect and did we vote against ?