Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 134629 times)

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #6650 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 05:46:40 pm »

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #6651 on: Friday 13 September 2019, 09:44:35 pm »

he cannot think on his feet or react to anything, they've somehow managed to find someone worse/as bad as may at this
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #6652 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 03:23:36 am »
But the sun knows it's position. It knows it's reputation. It knows we know what it is doing, and yet it does it so obviously. It's almost as if they're just laughing at the outrage.

:thup: it's beyond a joke. Thankfully there influence has plummeted over last 20 years. Hopefully in another 20 there bust.

It will never go bust. It's not the job of the sun to influence it's 1.4 million readers. It's job is to inform the perceptions of those readers, and amplify the relevance.

Which is contrary to what Murdoch admits he uses it for.
All through the 80s, when the Paedo/Sun was attacking anything slightly liberal, the Labour Party, the miners, Snoop Dogg, Elton John etc etc, every time I saw Murdoch interviewed he would boast that he was in touch with his editor every day, and he really controlled the content. Then the it emerged they had wiped Milly Dowler's phone, he apparently knew nothing about it.
A monster. King Paedo.

That what I was getting at, Murdoch bought it to influence and control opinions nevermind perception stuff.

You completely ignore his influence over yourself, when you make that claim. He informs your opinion of the "average sun reader",

What?

He has no influence over me, Iā€™m capable of recognising his bullshit.
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #6653 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 10:01:33 pm »
?s=19
Bearings Straight!

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #6654 on: Saturday 14 September 2019, 10:13:11 pm »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6655 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 10:26:55 am »
Quote from: BBC
But others within Mr Johnson's party approved of his comment.

"The Hulk was a winner and was extremely popular," Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay told Sky News.

"I'd rather be backing a character and a leader who is the Hulk than one who is on the Chicken Run, as Jeremy Corbyn is."

:suicide:

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #6656 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 10:36:48 am »
Got to appeal to the youth, innit blud. They all about that Tony Shark and X-Mans ting.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #6657 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 10:55:03 am »
Got to appeal to the youth, innit blud. They all about that Tony Shark and X-Mans ting.

And...Chicken Run.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6658 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 11:04:32 am »
?s=08

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6659 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
Hang on, people are boycotting donating to the RNLI since it gives some money to overseas projects.  The UK has to be the second biggest disgrace of a country at the moment.
« Last Edit: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:07:42 pm by neesy111 »

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #6660 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:02:55 pm »
We need to look after are own.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #6661 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:04:43 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised if the whole saga hasn't made them a fair bit more money. Be amazed if those 'boycotting' gave anything more than a couple of pence anyway.

Such a predictable, and likely ever increasing, type of story though. Not that it's Brexit related like, in truth.

We need to look after are own.*

*fixed

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6662 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:29:51 pm »
BoJo chickening out of press conference because of a few bew's in Luxembourg.

?s=19[/size]

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6663 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:43:14 pm »
What would Hulk do?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6664 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:44:47 pm »

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #6665 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 03:45:11 pm »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6666 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 04:11:04 pm »
He needs to resign, he's just taking the p*ss now. When he breaks the law by refusing to ask for an extension it'll be absolutely farcical.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #6667 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 04:14:42 pm »
Presumably, the PM is not protected from prosecution etc in the same way that the US President is?

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #6668 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 04:15:56 pm »
Will play well to his base.

No true English patriot would ever share a platform with the enemy when at war.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #6669 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 04:23:25 pm »
Presumably, the PM is not protected from prosecution etc in the same way that the US President is?

He can't be prosecuted for anything he says in parliament, but I don't know of anything stopping him being arrested for other crime.  Don't know all the rules around it TBH.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #6670 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 04:56:13 pm »

He can't be prosecuted for anything he says in parliament, but I don't know of anything stopping him being arrested for other crime.  Don't know all the rules around it TBH.

Either way, at this stage, I think he is essentially hoping parliament boot him out in a no confidence vote. Absolving him of blame for no getting us out when he promised.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #6671 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 05:28:42 pm »

Either way, at this stage, I think he is essentially hoping parliament boot him out in a no confidence vote. Absolving him of blame for no getting us out when he promised.
I dont think so, hes going full on Trump and appealing to his base. He knows enough regular Tories will vote for anything instead of Corbyn so he has to win over the gammon. They'll lap this stuff up.

His base being the gammon.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #6672 on: Monday 16 September 2019, 07:23:36 pm »

I dont think so, hes going full on Trump and appealing to his base. He knows enough regular Tories will vote for anything instead of Corbyn so he has to win over the gammon. They'll lap this stuff up.

agree with madras; people dreaming of the c*** getting arrested :lol:

i'll be amazed if tories like grieve, as well as they've done so far, would actually vote to bring a tory govt down
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #6673 on: Yesterday at 07:34:26 am »

agree with madras; people dreaming of the c*** getting arrested :lol:

i'll be amazed if tories like grieve, as well as they've done so far, would actually vote to bring a tory govt down

So proud of this country...

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #6674 on: Yesterday at 09:01:39 am »

:lol: :lol: :lol: