Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 171498 times)

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #8050 on: Friday 1 November 2019, 02:05:16 PM »
Wan't Boris Johnson supposed to die in a ditch yesterday?
Crowdfunder?

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #8051 on: Friday 1 November 2019, 03:39:20 PM »
Maybe one for the vaguely amusing thread but I thought these were quite good:

(Spoilered for size)

Spoiler
[close]
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #8052 on: Friday 1 November 2019, 04:11:40 PM »
That's amazing :lol:

Offline Johneddy

• General Member
« Reply #8053 on: Friday 1 November 2019, 04:22:59 PM »
Mori opinion poll today is interesting but I'm not really a fan of asking such a small sample (1000 people) and basing predictions on them. I do believe the referendum was heavily remain until the actual voting day. There are local factors in most constituencies which can create a bias either against or for a particular voting trend. The prospective MP for one can turn a vote.
Something you will never hear:
"And Mike Ashley proudly holds the trophy aloft..."

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #8054 on: Friday 1 November 2019, 04:33:38 PM »
Mori opinion poll today is interesting but I'm not really a fan of asking such a small sample (1000 people) and basing predictions on them. I do believe the referendum was heavily remain until the actual voting day. There are local factors in most constituencies which can create a bias either against or for a particular voting trend. The prospective MP for one can turn a vote.

Population size is irrelevant to sample size in this kind of poll.  1000 people will give a 95% confidence level within an error of about 3%.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

« Reply #8055 on: Friday 1 November 2019, 08:16:05 PM »

Population size is irrelevant to sample size in this kind of poll.  1000 people will give a 95% confidence level within an error of about 3%.

True. 600 is the standard minimum sample size for UK. Hard to get Nat Rep, though. So results will be weighted. Be a decent amount of weighting at 1000 too, dependant on methodology. Imagine it's online.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Online neesy111

• General Member

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #8057 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 09:32:37 AM »
https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/confusion-no-one-turns-huge-pro-brexit-demo-doncaster-825135
Werent the gammon going to have a huge March in London on Halloween to mark when we should've left the EU ? Turns out staying wetherspoons was more tempting.

Just caught the end of Farge on the Marr show, what a hypocritical t*** he is,now saying it's not the brexit he envisaged while rapsodising Switzerland and Norway in the referendum campaign. Marr was crap by not asking if ANY deal honoured the referendum.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #8058 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 09:42:18 AM »
Not just that, we're supposed to be having rioting on the streets. "This country will explode if we don't leave on October 31st" said Mark Francois.

Yeah it's definitely Remainers who are the ones trying to create scare stories. :rolleyes:
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #8059 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 10:17:25 AM »
Not just that, we're supposed to be having rioting on the streets. "This country will explode if we don't leave on October 31st" said Mark Francois.

Yeah it's definitely Remainers who are the ones trying to create scare stories. :rolleyes:

Like Kelvin McKenzie and Farage, these extreme right-wing, 'men-of-the-people' types seem to believe that all working-class people are red-faced, mean-spriited, angry middle-aged men, spouting off in pubs. Surely there can be no other explanation for them believing that the country is on the verge of explosive anarchy, just because EU by-laws are still being observed...

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #8060 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 10:42:22 AM »
There was a Jarrow March this morning from the Bus Station to Jarrow Town Hall (about 400 yards). 13 people and a dog turned up.
?s=21

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #8061 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 10:51:48 AM »
There was a Jarrow March this morning from the Bus Station to Jarrow Town Hall (about 400 yards). 13 people and a dog turned up.

Please tell me these fuckwits weren't trying to equate themselves with the original Jarrow Marchers?  Surely if they'd even read the wiki on it they'd condemn the 30s marchers as a bunch of commies?

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #8062 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 12:02:31 PM »

Please tell me these fuckwits weren't trying to equate themselves with the original Jarrow Marchers?  Surely if they'd even read the wiki on it they'd condemn the 30s marchers as a bunch of commies?

Didn't farrage do that earlier this year and then abandoned them.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #8063 on: Sunday 3 November 2019, 12:23:45 PM »

Well it certainly appears to be true that only remainers are responding to them.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #8064 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 01:57:46 PM »

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #8065 on: Tuesday 26 November 2019, 03:03:01 PM »
Fatality
?s=20

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #8066 on: Thursday 28 November 2019, 03:43:58 AM »
Fatality
?s=20

Harold Shipman had a degree in saving f***ing lives.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #8067 on: Friday 6 December 2019, 11:00:06 AM »
got my new passport with all that EU FILTH removed :sweetjesus:

not blue tho, might riot
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave