Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 96365 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #5350 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:53:29 pm »
Kate Hoey wants f***ing stringing up.

I mean, she does but wish a few of the others got this treatment.  John Mann is repellent.  Flint is a f***ing t*** too.  Not really directed at you, by the way.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #5351 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:55:52 pm »
Who will they blame if no deal happens and it all goes to s***? The EU for not giving us a good deal?

The Brexiters love Johnson so much he could come back with more or less the same deal, slap a different badge on it and get everyone convinced it's different.

He's too smart to smash the country into hard brexit on his own watch. As much as he says it's an option he'd stomach, the reality is he won't.

I wish I had your confidence.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #5352 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 08:59:39 pm »
Who will they blame if no deal happens and it all goes to s***? The EU for not giving us a good deal?

The Brexiters love Johnson so much he could come back with more or less the same deal, slap a different badge on it and get everyone convinced it's different.

He's too smart to smash the country into hard brexit on his own watch. As much as he says it's an option he'd stomach, the reality is he won't.

I wish I had your confidence.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #5353 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:06:01 pm »
Aren't the DUP against no deal?
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline JH

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5354 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 09:59:27 pm »

Didn’t I read somewhere that in a No Deal there’d effectively be a customs border down the Irish Sea anyway?

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #5355 on: Wednesday 12 June 2019, 11:01:31 pm »

I'm not sure he's lurching further to the right as that's where the money is. He's knee deep with Farage and the people funding him and Trump imho.
Bearings Straight!

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #5356 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 07:30:23 am »
Gonna be no deal for the Tory hard boys innit.
The only time Tories get hard, is when they pass another law restricting benefits...to children.

Offline Unbelievable!

• General Member
  • Adopted Geordie
« Reply #5357 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 03:55:43 pm »

Didn’t I read somewhere that in a No Deal there’d effectively be a customs border down the Irish Sea anyway?

That, or on the NI/I border. Both the EU and the UK would not allow an open border with a vast territory that would trade on completely different terms to the other. It beggars belief that no deal is seen as a solution to any problem, least of which the Irish border issue everything seems to hinge on.