Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 189667 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #4625 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:59:47 AM »
Well we never really wanted them to succeed.  After all, this was the devious plot by hard brexiteer Jeremy Corbyn to get his hard Brexit and stitch up the nation. :rolleyes:

Or so (some) Remainers were fond of saying.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4626 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:38:12 PM »
Did people think Corbyn wanted a hard Brexit?

I always assumed he was an old type Leftie leaver who wanted to get the good stuff from the customs union and tie in guaranteed for workers rights etc. His position allows for that while also being able to blame the Tories for actually leaving.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #4627 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:41:41 PM »
There absolutely were people saying he and May were going to sell us down the bog for a stitched up Brexit deal with no second referendum.  Perhaps the more Lib Dem-type Remainer but I'm not gauging party allegiance when sifting through moronic comments.  Twitter was littered with the nonsense, and pretty much has been for the last year too.

Enabler of 'far right Brexit', hard Brexit Corbyn.  All that sort of s****.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4628 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:44:03 PM »
There absolutely were people saying he and May were going to sell us down the bog for a stitched up Brexit deal with no second referendum.  Perhaps the more Lib Dem-type Remainer but I'm not gauging party allegiance when sifting through moronic comments.  Twitter was littered with the nonsense, and pretty much has been for the last year too.

this was just the excitable FBPE w*****s booting off because he won't come out and say "it's a 2nd ref or nothing" no?  mostly

i still think he's a c*** over this whole thing but to suggest he'd enable what May wanted was always mental
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4629 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:45:26 PM »

Passed me by, to be fair I do get sick of it and opt out for a bit and I'm not on twitter. If theres one thing neither of them are it's hard brexiteers.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #4630 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:50:48 PM »
brexiteers :anguish: not a dig just the quality of discourse in this country. Swashbuckling patriots no doubt.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4631 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 12:00:40 AM »
https://youtu.be/1365D77epkU?t=45

I guess we should be grateful that they just stumbled upon the original deal. Eh, Rory? I mean it's unrealistic to suggest anybody can go to Brussels and negotiate a brand new deal  that nobody has thought of before.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4632 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:03:58 PM »
kinell farage has slunk into the toon today lads, get the milkshakes out

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4633 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:19:26 PM »

Wasn't me btw.

« Reply #4634 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:23:12 PM »
:lol: Mint.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #4635 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:23:30 PM »
Don't know what these milk shake throwers think they're achieving? This kinda thing always galvanises support around these people.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

Online Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #4636 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:25:28 PM »
Probably thought they were winding up one of the biggest dickheads in the Country.

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #4637 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:32:32 PM »

Wasn't me btw.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Online Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #4638 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:32:54 PM »

Wasn't me btw.

Get in! :lol:

Offline OCK

• General Member
« Reply #4639 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:34:22 PM »

« Reply #4640 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:35:24 PM »
Probably thought they were winding up one of the biggest dickheads in the Country.

:lol: This is enough for me, like.

Actually think it's really good. These lot need mocking because everything they say is absolute sloppy dog turd. Don't mind a bit of delegitimising in the public eye even if it is ridiculous. Say ridiculous stuff, be on the receiving end of ridiculous actions. Seems fair enough to me, like. I wish someone would follow him round with Kelis' Milkshake on repeat at full blast :lol:
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
« Reply #4641 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:38:22 PM »
If ‘Milkshake brings all the noise to Farage’ or a variation of the above  isnt in print by now then journalism is dead.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4642 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:38:48 PM »
I'm sure Azza will buy him a nice new suit.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4643 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:46:21 PM »
can't get enough of the lad following him down the street cackling here :lol:

?s=20

Sleep now in the fire

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #4644 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 02:03:03 PM »
Glorious stuff.

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #4645 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 02:06:03 PM »
Lovely stuff.

Offline TheHoob

• General Member
« Reply #4646 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 02:14:11 PM »
 :lol:  Excellent.

Online Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #4647 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 02:18:03 PM »
f***ing brilliant, proud of Newcastle.

That lad laughing is excellent like, the fact Farage was fuming makes me very happy.
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
« Reply #4648 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 02:20:16 PM »
It really damages his angle of the north v london elites with this happening. Poor Dulwich college, city trader Nige.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4649 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 02:22:57 PM »
Lactose the intolerant.

(Shamelessly lifted from RTG)