Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 102665 times)

Darth Crooks and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #4625 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:20:53 pm »
christ

It's really quite tragic.  They never considered how far they got in their careers was down to the gravy train the got on.  That goes for all MPs in general, Tories, Labour and Lib Dems, you need to have something if you're going to wander off and start a new party.  Every one of them, with the exceptions of maybe Umunna, Soubry and Berger, are total bystanders.  What's worse though, is they don't even realise it.  Mike Gapes. :iamatwat:  Chris Leslie. :iamatwat:

Yet, of those three, none of them have a big enough set of balls to say, "look, this is s*** what we're doing, I'll be leader and ready the ship and this is how it'll be".  Instead, they're all tiptoeing around each other pretending to be incredibly nice and decent thoughtful people, letting Heidi naff her way through every opportunity she's unfairly given.  Too scared to make concrete decisions and failing awesomely.  It'll be great when they're gone, should have dropped the ego and joined the Libs where they could have continued to be passengers on a train, and one of the brighter ones could have been a future leader one day.

Objectivity aside, it's all absolutely beautiful to watch. :aww:   
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4626 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:24:00 pm »

:lol: :anguish:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4627 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:24:03 pm »
It's not all Farage. Although I've little doubt he'll be the most regular on the BBC.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4628 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:29:44 pm »
years too late but honestly think the press are turning on farage...non-print anyways, and non-bbc

?s=20
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4629 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:37:12 pm »
Naturally. His manufactured popularity is no longer useful. It's a burden. Time to destroy the monster. He'll be alright, though.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4630 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:41:54 pm »
Won't make a blind bit of difference. Right wing populism ain't going anywhere. The patriots will never settle, they have the taste now.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4631 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:49:42 pm »
Won't make a blind bit of difference. Right wing populism ain't going anywhere.

It will make a lot of difference. People will distance themselves from him (those who lacked the sense to steer clear, in the  first place), and by relentless association, the brexit party. As long as they don't win as many votes as the collective opposition (the only objective), then we have our evidence that the nation has changed it's mind, and reasonable claim to a second referendum.

A friend on facebook had the temerity to claim people voting for the brexit party, were using the EU elections as a second referendum.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4632 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 05:50:17 pm »
Won't make a blind bit of difference. Right wing populism ain't going anywhere. The patriots will never settle, they have the taste now.

oh no you're absolutely right...it's kind of infuriating how well he's played this because he's got a massive portion of the electorate who will follow him whatever he says or does...he's not even entertaining discourse with these reporters now :lol:

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4633 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 06:55:19 pm »

oh no you're absolutely right...it's kind of infuriating how well he's played this because he's got a massive portion of the electorate who will follow him whatever he says or does...he's not even entertaining discourse with these reporters now :lol:

Aye, playing the media a blinder for his core support. Bannon knows his game tbf to him, primed him well. He’s everywhere getting his message across and in this post truth/facts era repeating is the key. The game is moving the Tories right and it’s working to the max.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4634 on: Thursday 16 May 2019, 07:07:43 pm »
It's not all Farage. Although I've little doubt he'll be the most regular on the BBC.

That was a rather refreshing discussion.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #4635 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 01:21:15 am »
Disco is right, the media will keep paying attention to his bullshit and he will continue on.

Exposes don't change much as they don't particularly care. Trumpism basically.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4636 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:48:38 am »
In shock news the cross party talks have collapsed. What a couple of useless f***s.

Enjoying https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys going after the Brexit Party's true intentions with their new line of posters.
« Last Edit: Friday 17 May 2019, 10:58:53 am by Disco »

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #4637 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:02:24 am »
So there won't be a meaningful vote 4 now?

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4638 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:04:51 am »
In shock news the cross party talks have collapsed. What a couple of useless f***s.

as predictable as the incoming news of collapse of rafa talks

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4639 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 11:59:47 am »
Well we never really wanted them to succeed.  After all, this was the devious plot by hard brexiteer Jeremy Corbyn to get his hard Brexit and stitch up the nation. :rolleyes:

Or so (some) Remainers were fond of saying.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4640 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:38:12 pm »
Did people think Corbyn wanted a hard Brexit?

I always assumed he was an old type Leftie leaver who wanted to get the good stuff from the customs union and tie in guaranteed for workers rights etc. His position allows for that while also being able to blame the Tories for actually leaving.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #4641 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:41:41 pm »
There absolutely were people saying he and May were going to sell us down the bog for a stitched up Brexit deal with no second referendum.  Perhaps the more Lib Dem-type Remainer but I'm not gauging party allegiance when sifting through moronic comments.  Twitter was littered with the nonsense, and pretty much has been for the last year too.

Enabler of 'far right Brexit', hard Brexit Corbyn.  All that sort of s****.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4642 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:44:03 pm »
There absolutely were people saying he and May were going to sell us down the bog for a stitched up Brexit deal with no second referendum.  Perhaps the more Lib Dem-type Remainer but I'm not gauging party allegiance when sifting through moronic comments.  Twitter was littered with the nonsense, and pretty much has been for the last year too.

this was just the excitable FBPE w*****s booting off because he won't come out and say "it's a 2nd ref or nothing" no?  mostly

i still think he's a c*** over this whole thing but to suggest he'd enable what May wanted was always mental

Sleep now in the fire

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #4643 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:45:26 pm »

Passed me by, to be fair I do get sick of it and opt out for a bit and I'm not on twitter. If theres one thing neither of them are it's hard brexiteers.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Online Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #4644 on: Friday 17 May 2019, 12:50:48 pm »
brexiteers :anguish: not a dig just the quality of discourse in this country. Swashbuckling patriots no doubt.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #4645 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 12:00:40 am »
https://youtu.be/1365D77epkU?t=45

I guess we should be grateful that they just stumbled upon the original deal. Eh, Rory? I mean it's unrealistic to suggest anybody can go to Brussels and negotiate a brand new deal  that nobody has thought of before.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #4646 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:03:58 pm »
kinell farage has slunk into the toon today lads, get the milkshakes out

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4647 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:19:26 pm »
kinell farage has slunk into the toon today lads, get the milkshakes out

Wasn't me btw.

« Reply #4648 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:23:12 pm »
:lol: Mint.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Skeletor

• General Member
  • I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #4649 on: Monday 20 May 2019, 01:23:30 pm »
Don't know what these milk shake throwers think they're achieving? This kinda thing always galvanises support around these people.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'