Author Topic: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder  (Read 170872 times)

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Brexit 2: Brexit Harder
« Reply #25 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:13:34 AM »
So it looks like she's going to present exactly the same thing as she lost the previous vote on.

Thoughts?

She's a dopey Tory c***.
I feel she's going for the railroading into voting for her deal. We will see what today's amendments can do to prevent it.

The will of the people speech she loves to give is really code for the will of Terry May.

In fairness to May, which I don't like being, she's almost got good reason to bring it back.  Cooper has a bill that should take No Deal of the table, great right?  Well no, because it's not pushing all the Brexiteers to rank whether May's Brexit or no Brexit at all, and they'd rather May's deal that nowt.  Rees-Mogg said as much, and he influences about another 40 ERG idiots. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 04:06:23 PM »
Millions can apply for settled status in the UK from today. Apparently the software doesn’t work on any apple/iOS device, and only for some on android.

Good start.

Well if somebody lacks the sense to borrow an android from a friend, will they really be a benefit to our country, in this modern world. If you believe you are handicapped by your choice of smartphone, you are handicapped.

Online Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #27 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 04:27:20 PM »
Millions can apply for settled status in the UK from today. Apparently the software doesn’t work on any apple/iOS device, and only for some on android.

Good start.

Well if somebody lacks the sense to borrow an android from a friend, will they really be a benefit to our country, in this modern world. If you believe you are handicapped by your choice of smartphone, you are handicapped.

:lol: I don't know how you can be so consistently thick.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Online 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #28 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 04:30:30 PM »

Good start.

This is satire right? This has to be satire. :lol:

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #29 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 05:18:05 PM »
That c*** who runs Wetherspoons is now mailing out pro brext propaganda thinly disgused as a Wetherspoons News letter to the country now.

It was bad enough seeing it in his pubs, really didn't need that s*** shoving through my letter box too. Massively tempted to post it back to the c*** attached to a few bricks.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 05:22:59 PM »
Aye I've just had it through the door today, cheeky prick.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 05:25:42 PM »
UKIP billboard truck driving down Fleet Street at lunch time today. I counted 3 V's, a middle finger and a couple of verbal volleys as it went along, blaring out Kool and The Gang (not the UKIP Calypso for some reason).

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 10:15:55 PM »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-donald-tusk-david-cameron-referendum-bbc-documentary-inside-europe-watch-a8738906.html

A good read, nothing most people probably didn't already know, but shows you the chancer Cameron was.  No certainties, ever, just gambles always.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 10:21:20 PM »
Corbyn backing second referendum according to the torygraph

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 10:30:07 PM »
Can't wait for the 20% bounce.  I'll delete my account if it actually happens. :lol:

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #35 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:17:53 PM »
Mad Nad on Newsnight about "kamikaze  europhile politicians who don't care if their careers go up in flames"( I quite like those as they aren't doing it for personal gain Nad), then" who want to turn parliamentary tradition", I don't give s*** for it, the sooner it comes to the present the better.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:33:12 PM »
Jeremy Corbyn has endorsed a plan to force a second EU referendum as he bowed to pressure from Labour party members and MPs.

Mr Corbyn wants the Government to give MPs the final say next week on a second referendum. If a majority back a referendum, Parliament could force Theresa May to hold a new in/out public vote that could lead to Brexit being reversed.

Supporters of the so-called “People’s Vote” were jubilant tonight, describing Labour’s new policy as a “momentous” move that brought a referendum a “massive” step closer.

It came after Mrs May warned MPs that a fresh referendum would “damage social cohesion” because it would “undermine faith in democracy”.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #37 on: Monday 21 January 2019, 11:54:41 PM »
This is gonna be the shitest civil war ever. The massed EDL/UKIP battalions and their ruthlessly efficient moped cavalry  operating out of  strategically placed Wetherspoons command posts attempting to enforce the people's will.

Bearings Straight!

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 12:24:26 AM »
Seems to me there’s a solid case for a second referendum solely on the basis that nobody had a clue what they were actually voting on. Even more so if they were actively lied to.

Not that the second would be guaranteed to be better in that regard :lol:

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 12:38:16 AM »
The notion that the vote for Brexit was a democratically sound result is absolutely absurd. It was actually an affront on democracy but there's very few people saying that. A second referendum would cause some very serious issues but it's the lesser of two evils in my opinion. The referendum was nothing short of an absolute scam with cheats, criminals, lies, deceit and foreign intervention, yet we have an outrageous amount of very high up leaders peddling the s**** that it was a decision by the people. It wasn't, plain and simple. There's no denying it if you bother to look. A second referendum is an absolute must imo regardless of the implications it may bring from the far right and angry gammons. We have to make a choice about doing what is right and just rather than continue in a frenzied fervour about manipulated choice. It's whipped up passion over sound logic. I mean a referendum in the first place was an utterly horrific decision but that's by the by now. But we have to have a chance to put right what was wrong, even if it results in another vote for Leave. No logical person can accept the initial referendum.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 12:44:02 AM »
Tend to agree, although assume a new campaign would be almost as bad.

We’re choosing from all bad options right now though, so it’s definitely better than no deal.

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 01:45:23 AM »
Aye, agree with both Branko and Ian. The problem is the nature of the question which gave room for complete fantasies to be constructed. Also the electoral commission being absolutely toothless doesn't help either. The complexity of Brexit and the poisonous media make it extremely difficult to have a thoughtful fair campaign.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 07:52:41 AM »
So it looks like she's going to present exactly the same thing as she lost the previous vote on.

Thoughts?

She's a dopey Tory c***.

A little over-nuanced, but accurate...

Offline kingkerouac

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 07:55:50 AM »
This is gonna be the shitest civil war ever. The massed EDL/UKIP battalions and their ruthlessly efficient moped cavalry  operating out of  strategically placed Wetherspoons command posts attempting to enforce the people's will.

With the brave members of the 'Tommy Robinson' regiment skittering into hospitals and accusing nurses of 'fiddling wiv r kidz'.
Heroes...

Online Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 08:03:33 AM »
Campaign finance needs massive reform. Maybe there’s some way we can get Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Citibank to fund both sides next time. I’ve never seen any complaints about their involvement so it must be cool.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 10:56:55 AM »
As much as I'd prefer a GE, a second ref' would be the only way to fairly reverse Brexit.  With a GE, you get the feeling whoever won would have to try and continue on negotiations, particularly if it was Labour or Tories elected on the premise of honouring Brexit (as if it's ever going to be the Libs).  It's a good out, for Labour, although I think it will cause more fractures (Labour aren't nearly as united on it as its supporters claim) and problems for them and ultimately lead to their demise in the polls for a GE, but we'll see and I hope not.

Sadly for many, Labour in government is far more important than Brexit.  I include myself in that group.  There will be retribution if the great centrists don't all flock to Labour under the second ref' banner like they loved promising. :knuppel2:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 11:05:52 AM »
Brexit is far more important than any election IMO. The government will change eventually, Brexit is a once in a lifetime event.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 11:20:02 AM »
People are dying mate.  Disabled are being made to crawl up stairs for disability assessments.  Please, don't assume Brexit is far more important to these people.  Nowt stopping us trying to get back into Europe after we leave, if the will was genuinely there, doesn't have to be a lifetime at all. 

Whereas people are dying, right now.  Freezing to death on our streets.  Starving to death in their houses.  Freezing to death in their houses also. 

It's these people that'll say f*** your EU and not vote because no one has given a s*** about them for years, particularly the last two whilst we act like Brexit is the only thing that matters.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 11:22:20 AM »
But Brexit will only make the economy worse and suppress their conditions and their rights. And eventually the Tories will get back into power. As you know I despise austerity, but these are mental times. 

Two impossible things to choose between of course, but if forced to pick I would stop Brexit.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday 22 January 2019, 11:27:14 AM »
Fair enough, you're obviously going to have your preference, but I'm going to say now, it'll be the Lexit side that f***s the next referendum.  They're the new forgotten, their misery second best to EU romanticism.  This is words I've seen, not my own.  They'll be the new protest voters.