Author Topic: Your Pet Hates  (Read 669281 times)

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
Re: Your Pet Hates
« Reply #18100 on: Today at 09:09:25 AM »
Seeing a dentist today thank f***. It is an impacted wisdom tooth I was waiting to have removed but they wouldn't do it until the 20th for some reason but anyway they have classified me as an emergency now as I sent them a picture of the swelling on my face.  Had to go private though so it's 150 quid just to be looked at then christ knows what after that but obviously worth it however much it costs.  How in the f*** can the pubs open but dentists can't normally. 

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #18101 on: Today at 09:22:07 AM »
Good luck! I really need a dentist appointment as well, not for anything as serious as that.

Online Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #18102 on: Today at 10:21:27 AM »
I'm desperate for a dentist. Had my appointment at beginning of June cancelled. Waiting to hear on rescheduled appointment. The gum between my central and lateral incisor has been receding like f***. Battled it for about 6 months now on my own, feel like I need a good course of anti-biotics. Should call and make a claim of urgency actually...
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #18103 on: Today at 10:29:24 AM »
I had to send them a photo of my face as the right hand side is very swollen and I had to pay for a private appointment.  I asked them just to give me a prescription for antibiotics but they wouldn't do that over the phone.  So they don't want you at the surgery but refuse to give you antibiotics without seeing you. Ridiculous, I don't particularly want to go to the dentist if I'm honest but I have no choice though sods law whilst it's still massivelly swollen its not as painful at the moment.

Offline chopey

• General Member
  • Co Durham, England.
« Reply #18104 on: Today at 10:53:52 AM »
Apparently hearing tests don't start again till Feb, my granny is going private on Wednesday, she is very upset just now cos her current hearing aids are knackered and she feels very vulnerable with little to no hearing, £350 to £3500 depending on what type you want.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #18105 on: Today at 11:54:35 AM »
Dentist work is super high risk and they are having issues getting the right ppe. Waiting for my dental work as well.. hoping to hear soon..

Online neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #18106 on: Today at 12:37:20 PM »
Thermostat changing c***s.

Absolutely freezing in my office despite it being 38 degrees Celsius outside.

Offline Gorilla

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
« Reply #18107 on: Today at 12:51:37 PM »
She prescribed me Metronidazole, she said it should take effect fairly quickly as its very strong.  I've only ever had amoxicillin before but googling the side effects with this one and how common place they are worries me.  Sounds like I'll be spending the next week vomiting and shitting myself.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • NN989989
« Reply #18108 on: Today at 12:54:49 PM »
Thermostat changing c***s.

Absolutely freezing in my office despite it being 38 degrees Celsius outside.
This doesn't sound like a bad thing tbf

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #18109 on: Today at 12:59:50 PM »
She prescribed me Metronidazole, she said it should take effect fairly quickly as its very strong.  I've only ever had amoxicillin before but googling the side effects with this one and how common place they are worries me.  Sounds like I'll be spending the next week vomiting and shitting myself.

Sounds worse than the s*** I had with my wisdom teeth a month or so ago. I rang 111 who put me in touch with a local dentist. They rang me a few hours later and after a 5 minute conversation they wrote me a prescription which I collected the same day. They gave me 5 days worth of Amox and Metro taken together. Don't drink and you'll be fine :thup:

Mine cleared up in a couple of days, they're good like.

Offline SuperFlat

• General Member
« Reply #18110 on: Today at 05:05:18 PM »
Can't stress the don't drink enough when it comes to Metronidazole, like. Just don't.