Author Topic: COVID-19  (Read 470071 times)

Offline MiggysFirstGoal

• General Member
Re: COVID-19
« Reply #21025 on: Yesterday at 06:40:56 PM »
When it starts affecting Greggs, you know the time has come to bring out the big guns.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #21026 on: Yesterday at 06:49:51 PM »
Not Greggs again, man.

f*** this, might as well lock the whole country down now.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #21027 on: Yesterday at 07:39:28 PM »
Well be on 1.56 million cases a day in 8 weeks on the current trajectory. NHS will be overwhelmed massively and many will die as our government won't do a proper lockdown again.

Probably for the best, many will die but at least pret and wetherspoons will still be open.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #21028 on: Yesterday at 08:09:21 PM »
Well be on 1.56 million cases a day in 8 weeks on the current trajectory. NHS will be overwhelmed massively and many will die as our government won't do a proper lockdown again.

Probably for the best, many will die but at least pret and wetherspoons will still be open.

Hyperbole like this doesnt do any favours like. The government needs to find the right balance between saving lives and keeping the economy afloat. They need to find a way to reduce cases, stop the spread and save lives whilst reducing the economic fallout as much as they can. Introducing restrictions that do the least economic damage whilst stopping the spread as much as possible is clearly the right way to go.

Economic damage, fall in GDP and quaraterly growth aren't just meaningless abstract terms. They transalate one way or another into jobs. The economy is already on its knees. If you're made redundant know, you're in big trouble. Imagine having a mouths to feed, bills, debt, mortgages, rent, you name it and you lose your job now? Its an absolute disaster and arguably a lot more dangerous to the average person than Covid.

I think this government are useless, incompetent and utterly corrupt but whatever they do, people will scream from all sides. People, often those in secure employment will shout about how restrictions need to be tighter, people are dying/going to die etc whilst others are (more dangerously) convinced we need to 'get on with it'. Then you've got the whaddaboutisms 'I can go out with my mates all day but I cant go out after 10pm how does that make sense yadda yadda yadda'. It's an impossible balancing act like.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #21029 on: Yesterday at 09:10:58 PM »
Covid app has just gone live.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #21030 on: Yesterday at 09:25:46 PM »
Covid app has just gone live.

Cheers, just downloaded it.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #21031 on: Yesterday at 09:27:09 PM »
Still says you need a code for me.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #21032 on: Yesterday at 10:29:14 PM »

Hyperbole like this doesnt do any favours like. The government needs to find the right balance between saving lives and keeping the economy afloat. They need to find a way to reduce cases, stop the spread and save lives whilst reducing the economic fallout as much as they can. Introducing restrictions that do the least economic damage whilst stopping the spread as much as possible is clearly the right way to go.

Economic damage, fall in GDP and quaraterly growth aren't just meaningless abstract terms. They transalate one way or another into jobs. The economy is already on its knees. If you're made redundant know, you're in big trouble. Imagine having a mouths to feed, bills, debt, mortgages, rent, you name it and you lose your job now? Its an absolute disaster and arguably a lot more dangerous to the average person than Covid.

I think this government are useless, incompetent and utterly corrupt but whatever they do, people will scream from all sides. People, often those in secure employment will shout about how restrictions need to be tighter, people are dying/going to die etc whilst others are (more dangerously) convinced we need to 'get on with it'. Then you've got the whaddaboutisms 'I can go out with my mates all day but I cant go out after 10pm how does that make sense yadda yadda yadda'. It's an impossible balancing act like.
I just posted what will happen if we stay on this trajectory. Do you think the measures the

It's not hyperbole it's maths based on the trend work it out for yourself. The restrictions they have put in place will make no difference. It was clear and even mentioned by the government we were at capacity of what we could have open after the pubs opened and intimated that it would either have to be schools or pubs. We are where we are, schools and pubs are open and the virus is spreading at the rate you would predict. If we don't go I to a lockdown like we had in March that is what will happen though probably a bit less.

Offline Cheesy Beans

• General Member
« Reply #21033 on: Yesterday at 10:32:21 PM »
You might prevent an extra 5,000 deaths through a full lockdown. But the fallout of a further economic crisis resulting in much higher job losses, further debt and suffering to people - more than likely increased mental health, poor living conditions, suicide etc. Might save 5,000 lives now, but could lose more than that over the next 5-10 years.

It’s an incredibly precarious situation for the Government to manage and no matter what they do, hindsight will tell us the other option may have been better.

People not acting responsibly and bending the rules to fit their own agenda should be shot to s***. Wouldn’t punch an 83 year old in the face, but will go down the pub with 12 mates and then pass Covid onto an 83 year old in Asda and kill her.

It’s so f***ing simple to just follow the scientific advice. Anyone confused by the rules is just trying to find a way to manipulate them to their own benefit.

Offline relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #21034 on: Yesterday at 10:38:32 PM »
41000 people died last time and we shut down earlier that the case levels we have now but we are testing more and have some kind of treatment even if it isn't an exact science.  We will see what happens over the next couple of weeks anyway as from what we all know about covid is it can overwhelm a very good health service of an entire country in a short space of time. 

Offline Lotus

• General Member
« Reply #21035 on: Yesterday at 10:40:16 PM »
Surely the £350 milllion we’ll no longer be sending to the EU a week will he enough to see us through? I mean, that’s £1.5 billion a month! I think we’ll be ok 👍🏼
The aim of science is not to open the door to infinite wisdom, but to set a limit to infinite error.

Offline Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
« Reply #21036 on: Yesterday at 10:44:11 PM »
41000 people died last time and we shut down earlier that the case levels we have now but we are testing more and have some kind of treatment even if it isn't an exact science.  We will see what happens over the next couple of weeks anyway as from what we all know about covid is it can overwhelm a very good health service of an entire country in a short space of time. 

You really can't use case numbers as a comparison between now and March.
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

Offline Super Duper Branko Strupar

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #21037 on: Yesterday at 10:54:29 PM »
Greggs staff been spitting Covid into the sausage rolls in Longbenton, factory closed.

Happened at Greggs distribution centre in Leeds n'all.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #21038 on: Yesterday at 11:00:37 PM »

You need to download different app.  It's NHS covid-19.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #21039 on: Yesterday at 11:02:48 PM »
That app took 6 months to build and test.  :mackems:

Privacy is fine with it though, see no permissions it needs.

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #21040 on: Yesterday at 11:05:58 PM »
The app itself doesnt sound like it's collecting much from what Ive read. Just mainly using the OS. You reckon that having downloaded it?

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #21041 on: Yesterday at 11:07:12 PM »
The app itself doesnt sound like it's collecting much from what Ive read. Just mainly using the OS. You reckon that having downloaded it?

Yeap, it's very similar to the Spanish app.

• General Member
  • Leeds Leeds Leeds
« Reply #21042 on: Yesterday at 11:13:44 PM »
Could have had this months ago.

Offline Decky

• General Member
« Reply #21043 on: Yesterday at 11:22:02 PM »
Cases are going to get worse from the serge in house parties with this ridiculous 10pm closing time of pubs aren't they? If pubs are a massive problem just close them and give them a financial package so they don't go out of business. I bet they close them on weekends before that though.
Steve Bruce, liar, s*** manager and general prick.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
« Reply #21044 on: Yesterday at 11:36:38 PM »

If you use my code we both get 50 free Covidollars for the in game shop.

Offline Disco

• General Member
  • Newcastle
« Reply #21045 on: Yesterday at 11:49:49 PM »
Swipe right for a positive test result.