Author Topic: Elias Sørensen  (Read 7404 times)

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
Re: Elias Sørensen
« Reply #50 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:32:24 pm »
Just ignore what I said then. Good one.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #51 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:38:43 pm »
I know very little about the kid, if he's good enough to make the step up etc. That's the managers job. I know Rafa doesn't like to play anyone new to the club till they are engrained into his system, what's he like on bringing new talent through, is he as reticent?
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #52 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:42:35 pm »
I wish people would consider what the phrase “can’t be worse than Joselu” means. Hoss is poo, but it is certainly possible to be a worse premier league striker than him.

If Rafa was on the verge of picking the lad, he would have been in the Blackburn squad.
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #53 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:44:49 pm »
He hasn't been on loan and played any men's football. Harry Kane was at leyton orient at his age.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:44:52 pm »
I wish people would consider what the phrase “can’t be worse than Joselu” means. Hoss is poo, but it is certainly possible to be a worse premier league striker than him.

If Rafa was on the verge of picking the lad, he would have been in the Blackburn squad.

I’m struggling to name one

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:50:50 pm »
Sorloth, Depoitre...
?s=21

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:54:08 pm »
Let’s see how he does against a s**** league one club tomorrow before getting carried away

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #57 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:56:05 pm »
Sortloth and Depoitre both use their strength better. It's not just that Jos can't score. For a man as big as he is, he's weak as f***.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 04:16:47 am »
Doesn't look like anything special tbh.

Bumbles headers in that should be struck clean, gets some chances that you'd never get at PL level due to abysmal defending. Not particularly big, fast, technical or anything. He's playing league 2 matches at best in a couple of years and should not be tested ahead of Joselu.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 05:10:10 am »

Bumbles headers in that should be struck clean, gets some chances that you'd never get at PL level due to abysmal defending. Not particularly big, fast, technical or anything. He's playing league 2 matches at best in a couple of years and should not be tested ahead of Joselu.

I think that's a little harsh.  While some of the goals could come straight off a defensive blooper reel he does show good, intelligent movement and instinct to get into the right positions to take the chance.  His finishing with his feet is canny too even if some of the headers are fluffed a bit.
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Offline Chicane

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 06:09:50 am »
All of my hopes and dreams now rest on this lad's shoulders who I've never seen play a minute of football.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 07:13:18 am »
Put him up top with Rondon so we have extra fret.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 07:42:12 am »
All of my hopes and dreams now rest on this lad's shoulders who I've never seen play a minute of football.

I don't think there's any doubt that this kid is certainly our next Shearer. We're gonna be ace.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 08:55:44 am »
it's hard to reconcile the near universal opinion that joselu is one of the worst strikers any of us have ever seen play for the club and the idea of giving a lad who is scoring for the stiffs a chance at a few sub spots to see if he hits the ground running :lol:

you'd think people were calling to cancel rondon's loan and just go with him for the rest of the season
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 08:57:13 am »

I think that's a little harsh.  While some of the goals could come straight off a defensive blooper reel he does show good, intelligent movement and instinct to get into the right positions to take the chance.  His finishing with his feet is canny too even if some of the headers are fluffed a bit.

Maybe it is a bit harsh, but I'm struggling to see what he is supposed to offer us that we don't already have or what could make him tick on as high level as the PL. He has no qualities that stick out as very good and he hasn't had a sniff at first team action at the age of 19. Time is running out fast.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Online Greg

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 09:03:53 am »
How many times have you watched him play a full 90? Of course he’s nowhere near ready for Premier League football but he clearly has ability. His movement and timing appear to be excellent.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 10:27:07 am »

Maybe it is a bit harsh, but I'm struggling to see what he is supposed to offer us that we don't already have or what could make him tick on as high level as the PL. He has no qualities that stick out as very good and he hasn't had a sniff at first team action at the age of 19. Time is running out fast.

He's not Joselu.

Might as well try someone who might be s*** instead of continuing with someone who definitely is s***.

Online Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 10:38:01 am »
Gayle and Sorensen will fire us to promotion next season :thup:

Can he eclipse the iconic Chopra, Campbell, Ranger, Toney and Armstrong? Time to find out.

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 10:48:29 am »
Ranger could have made it if he wasn't such a bellend and Campbell is a fraggle so no chance in the PL.  Chopra was the definition of 'meh', we'll see with Arma.  f*** knows about Toney, never even saw him play.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 01:15:35 pm »
it's hard to reconcile the near universal opinion that joselu is one of the worst strikers any of us have ever seen play for the club and the idea of giving a lad who is scoring for the stiffs a chance at a few sub spots to see if he hits the ground running :lol:

you'd think people were calling to cancel rondon's loan and just go with him for the rest of the season

Don't think anyone would be against that. But ASP was suggesting we start him in the PL for 6 games, where he can't be dropped! That's completely insane. The kid has done well at u23 but so do a lot of players, he needs to go on loan to league 1/2 and come up against better, stronger, more experienced defenders

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 01:57:48 pm »
I’m only judging by that video of his goals, but that U23 League he’s playing in looks a terrible standard.  Not even close to League 2.
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 02:01:29 pm »
It's not very good.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 02:38:53 pm »

Don't think anyone would be against that. But ASP was suggesting we start him in the PL for 6 games, where he can't be dropped! That's completely insane. The kid has done well at u23 but so do a lot of players, he needs to go on loan to league 1/2 and come up against better, stronger, more experienced defenders

people in here def against it

yeah read that ASP post in more detail, 5-6 starts regardless seems a bit much :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline covmag

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 03:22:18 pm »
Bit f***ing harsh like but I get the point.

Thing is like good goal scorers he’s always in the right position and that’s all he can do, he doesn’t look the finished article and who knows where he will go.

Let’s encourage him and who know?
Ashley has killed my club

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 03:35:06 pm »
I really want him to go on loan.