Author Topic: Wedding s****  (Read 2329 times)

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • eŗ̼̱͉̮ͨaͨ̆ͨ͌̿̚҉̞̝̖̼͕s̜̦ͣͧͥ̒̾̌ͭeyou̿̓ŗ̼̱͉̮ͨmi͒nd
Re: Wedding s****
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 6 January 2019, 08:06:38 pm »
That's more in line with what ours cost tbh. Different country I know.

Also, different numbers of guests is really a huge factor in price... Some people invite 30, some 300.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 6 January 2019, 08:20:34 pm »
The last two I've been two were friends of hers and they were £27k and £21k.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 6 January 2019, 09:08:42 pm »
That's more in line with what ours cost tbh. Different country I know.

Also, different numbers of guests is really a huge factor in price... Some people invite 30, some 300.

Aye we were pretty ruthless with the guests, none of this inviting-everyone-in-the-office s****, even then we had about 70.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
  • eŗ̼̱͉̮ͨaͨ̆ͨ͌̿̚҉̞̝̖̼͕s̜̦ͣͧͥ̒̾̌ͭeyou̿̓ŗ̼̱͉̮ͨmi͒nd
« Reply #53 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 12:27:17 am »
:thup: I didn't have too many people given the travel, but her family probably had like, 20 sets of parents alone. Barely anyone from work, but in total we hit maybe 140. Invited 170ish.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #54 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 09:22:52 am »
You've got me scared that we're totally under-budgeting :lol: although I don't doubt ours will be very different to yours based on your budget Froggy.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #55 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 09:27:48 am »
Hold on, you've got a £110 suit and she's got a £2000 dress? :lol: tack a couple of hundred on at least, treat yourself man!
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

« Reply #56 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 09:31:28 am »
Can't polish a turd.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline Flip

• General Member
  • Brazil v Belgium: No penalty for my son
« Reply #57 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 09:34:54 am »
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #58 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 09:39:44 am »
 :lol:

My girlfriend wants to sew her own dress for the wedding, hopefully that means more budget for my suit...and probably a crying fiancé in about 7 months time.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 09:49:40 am »
Can't polish a turd.

At least some people try to polish it though.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 09:59:28 am »
If you're getting a relatively normal suit it's worth getting a decent one like, not like you can't wear it again for other occasions such as court appearances and dressing up as Clockwork Orange characters.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #61 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:03:09 am »
That £110 suit is a rental. It's a lovely suit. :lol:

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #62 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:12:05 am »
:lol: Ah I see, I thought that was pretty cheap considering. I think I want to buy mine, get it tailored etc.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 10:47:29 am »
If you're getting a relatively normal suit it's worth getting a decent one like, not like you can't wear it again for other occasions such as court appearances and dressing up as Clockwork Orange characters.

:lol:

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #64 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 12:04:50 pm »
Was at the dome in Whitley for a 50th recently. Very smart inside. Room would accommodate 100+
Beer was £4.60 a pint (Coors iirc)

Food was first class. Maybe ask about there options.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 02:32:59 pm »
The Biscuit Factory started doing weddings a few years ago and it was canny like. I’m not too fussed about art but it’s a decent building and the reception area downstairs is massive - they were just starting out when I went so they’ve probably gotten better.

Food was absolutely s**** at the time like but they might have sorted it.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Monday 7 January 2019, 07:14:38 pm »
On a similar note, I went to a wedding at the Discovery Museum just before Christmas and the food was honestly atrocious. Like worse than a bad school dinner, so I'd avoid there.
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 01:29:42 pm »
Through budgeting with flowers, wedding rings and bridesmaid dresses, we've managed to shave off a grand.

Also had a friend of a friend step forward and offer to make our cake. So happy with that. :lol:

How's your progress coming along Jim?

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 02:00:23 pm »
We're gonna try for Newcastle, got a venue booked in but we haven't actually seen it, and we're in talks with Karma Kitchen to do the food...but we've never eaten there :lol:. Up in Newcastle for this weekend with Saz so we'll see the venue and try the food out.

So food, venue and marquee are all but sorted. Guest list pretty much finalised, minus some inevitable politics. Need to send out invitations next week, thinking of making them to keep costs down, gonna try a few designs this week to see if we can do anything resembling decent, if not we'll just do a vistaprint type job. She's going to make her own dress, so that shouldn't cost much more than a hundred or two.

Haven't looked into flowers yet, or decorations. Are they costly?

We have a friend who is a DJ so he'll hopefully do a set, then we both love music so it will just be homemade playlists for the rest of the time. PA with the venue...I'd like to test it out though because the whole night is basically going to be music and food.

Haven't thought about a photographer yet, was thinking about just asking various friends who are good at photography to do it casually, maybe having a load of disposables available as well. No videographer :lol:

Actual ceremony we don't care about at all but we think we should probably give the guests something to look at so maybe we'll try and book the civic centre if it's free, nowt fancy. Few hundred quid.

Think it should be about 6-7k, if all goes to plan. Inevitably there will be hidden costs.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 02:13:37 pm »
We used these for flowers: https://www.fleurcouturefloral.com and can recommend. Based next to the Biscuit Factory.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 02:16:34 pm »
:thup: I voted for you in best football poster. Knew it was the right choice.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 02:20:01 pm »
Her bouquet was £90. :lol: Flowers are dear enough. Think we've got all the flowers and decoration sorted for about £700.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 02:27:24 pm »
Like f*** we're having a bouquet then. :lol: Is that flowers to chuck? The more I hear about weddings the more I want mine to just be a party where people get dressed up in nice clothes.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 02:29:46 pm »
This might sound a bit mad, but I was at a wedding last year that had a magician going around the tables (think more Derren Brown than Paul Daniels) who was incredible and all the guests loved. I know it sounds proper naff, but he was honestly class and not at all cringey.

http://www.northeastmagician.co.uk/

One of the definitely authentic testimonials: “You amaze me every time. But I wish you could make Marcellino disappear for me!” – The late Sir Bobby Robson
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know that we riddled some middle men who didn't do diddely.

{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 29 January 2019, 02:31:02 pm »
Definitely haven't thought about cake either :lol: wor lass loves cake too so that will be a few days of strife. Really starting to look forward to it though, when is yours, Frog?