Author Topic: Miguel Almirón  (Read 9368 times)

Offline Ameritoon

• General Member
Re: Miguel Almirón
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:28:31 pm »
Giovinco was the best player on form MLS had seen for his first two years. He's 31, hurt a lot, and is naturally diminishing as a player. Almiron has been better since he joined, and like it's been pointed out, was a start in Argentina, too.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:40:13 pm »
Referring to it as “the” MLS is an automatic points deduction from the validity of the opinion being offered.

Almiron has taken the p*ss out of MLS since he arrived; he’s easily one of the best, if not the best, players in the league. As Disco has noted, he was also an exceptional player in Argentina before signing with Atlanta. There’s little doubt about his ability.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:43:12 pm »
Referring to it as “the” MLS is an automatic points deduction from the validity of the opinion being offered.

Almiron has taken the p*ss out of MLS since he arrived; he’s easily one of the best, if not the best, players in the league. As Disco has noted, he was also an exceptional player in Argentina before signing with Atlanta. There’s little doubt about his ability.

Well screw you too, dude.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:43:30 pm »

The pedantic has become the pedantee
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:44:30 pm »

excited to see him playing for west ham now
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:44:53 pm »
As we seemingly can’t or won’t compete for top European talent, this is exactly the kind of signing we should be making. Young player, proven talent with plenty of first-team minutes under his belt, but who might not attract attention from big-spending rivals due to the quality of the league he’s currently playing in.

Certainly rather go this route than wasting money on some s*** clogger solely because he has PL “experience.”

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:46:58 pm »
As we seemingly can’t or won’t compete for top European talent, this is exactly the kind of signing we should be making. Young player, proven talent with plenty of first-team minutes under his belt, but who might not attract attract attention from big-spending rivals due to the quality of the league he’s currently playing in.

:thup:

Said it the other day, gambling, it's players like these we should target and hopefully hit jackpot more often than not. Cant attract/afford the guaranteed quality ones who cost a fortune.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 04:55:36 pm »

It was needlessly harsh on my part, fam. I just find it irritating is all.

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:26:46 pm »
The Tomato Douche.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:32:45 pm »
Is it pronounced Al-mee-ron or am I wrong?

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #60 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:38:13 pm »

The former.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:39:36 pm »

All good :)

Offline UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #62 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:40:42 pm »
Don't know much about him, but his name scans nicely with the 80's Roxy Music classic hit 'Avalon'.

Or for those that like their American indie folk, 'Antiphon' by Midlake.

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:54:56 pm »
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #64 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 06:06:09 pm »
*thatsthejokepicture*

Offline Kid Icarus

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 06:07:24 pm »
*yourethejokepicture*
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 06:09:53 pm »

Is it a cake, or am a wrang?

Offline ujpest doza

• Thick as f*ck
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 07:12:11 pm »
As we seemingly can’t or won’t compete for top European talent, this is exactly the kind of signing we should be making. Young player, proven talent with plenty of first-team minutes under his belt, but who might not attract attention from big-spending rivals due to the quality of the league he’s currently playing in.

Certainly rather go this route than wasting money on some s*** clogger solely because he has PL “experience.”
I thought he was 24 or 25? At that age surely if he was that good he'd already be playing in a better league on grass rather than the horrible looking artificial stuff Atlanta play on?

I watched a bit of the semi final last week and the centre forward looked a better bet, Miguel i think.

Immaterial anyway as i can't see us buying either of them!

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 07:23:12 pm »
Very positive about this if it actually happens. Still not convinced we will sort a deal out and get him here. He is talented no doubt. Have to hark back to Hatem to see a player as skilled coming in. Prepare to watch us actually sign him and Rafa keep him on the bench until April just to bed him in :)
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Ryan

• General Member
  • Rafa #1
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 07:38:17 pm »
Paul Tenorio

Verified account

@PaulTenorio

FWIW - Am told there is no way Atlanta would ever do a loan deal with Miguel Almirón. Source wouldn’t comment on specific teams, but loan deal and lower sale numbers are not accurate.

Apparently this guy is tier 1 for MLS info.

Would love to bring him in, from what I've seen he looks a canny little player. Will no doubt be an improvement over what we have atm.

Offline SEMTEX

• General Member
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 07:47:53 pm »
we need Heneage's opinion on the matter

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 09:18:33 pm »

It will be a joy to see him leave MLS and test himself in a league with far better quality football than MLS after having dominated MLS for the Atlanta United team in the MLS
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 09:40:01 pm »
Invalid Tweet ID
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 09:40:57 pm »
Areet Darren, you dick.

Offline GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 09:43:07 pm »
Chump Change :lol: Ashley will take that as a compliment