Author Topic: Miguel Almirón  (Read 149456 times)

Offline STM

• General Member
Re: Miguel Almirón
« Reply #2900 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 03:08:11 PM »
Personally would prefer Obertan. At least Obertan was s**** but didnt have the cheek to smile.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
  • General Member
« Reply #2901 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 03:29:55 PM »
Personally would prefer Obertan. At least Obertan was s**** but didnt have the cheek to smile.

That is genuinely one of the worst posts in forum history
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #2902 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 03:31:38 PM »
- Doesn't have a fixed position in any formation we play (for me why he struggles)
- No creativity for an attacking mid
- No composure in front of goal
- Terrible decision making
- Lashes out, needlessly dirty
- Dives far too much
- No strength, falls over a lot
- Can't cross

i think he's much better in a team that have better all round movement personally, you can see little glimpses when him and ASM are running at defences and moving around each other with support from the flanks etc.

i mean sounds obvious anyways but in a better system with more movement i think a lot of the above go away/become mitigated and less noticeable

The only two players we have with any sort of skill to move the ball up the pitch. We are immobile when either of ASM or Miggy are off the pitch, more so ASM.

exactly, it still astounds me that after however many years it's been we've not been able to either sign a CM capable of box2box football and getting ahead of the ball running from deep, nor a manager capable of executing it :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #2903 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 03:57:26 PM »

f*** sake man James. Its laced with sarcasm. It would have helped in the context of the previous page.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Lazarus

• General Member
« Reply #2904 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 03:57:33 PM »

https://media.giphy.com/media/10t0fffobqG7XG/giphy.gif

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #2905 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 03:58:13 PM »

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #2906 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 06:12:51 PM »

You’d know :lol:

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #2907 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 06:17:21 PM »
Against certain teams he can look like a world beater and his pace is a real asset at times. The main issue is that when he dribbles he's looking at the ground and misses easy passes to play someone through
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #2908 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 06:41:31 PM »
Against certain teams he can look like a world beater and his pace is a real asset at times. The main issue is that when he dribbles he's looking at the ground and misses easy passes to play someone through

Like the kid at school labelled greedy but really just didn’t see anyone around him as he ran like a blindfolded forest gump. He’s mid career, that isn’t going away, like I said in the mtd, he plays football like a child.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #2909 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 08:31:19 PM »
So were turning against Almiron now eh?

Hes playing for a manager who doesnt do tactics and trying to setup a striker who cant score.

Im sorry but  :lol:

i know. he's a level above a lot of others and there are bigger problems with our team than Miggy. Ridiculous.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline ZeRoE

• General Member
  • Torquay, Devon
« Reply #2910 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 08:33:47 PM »

LEAVE MIGGY ALONE

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2911 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 09:28:52 PM »
his form was pretty awesome right before the COVID break
N U F C

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Place where the number one cause of death is money
« Reply #2912 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:07:28 PM »
I am a big fan of Almiron and have been since first seeing him in MLS, but he is never going to be a particularly productive player in terms of goals and assists. I cannot think of a player that could manage to be at this level of the game with his general lack of technical precision or physical strength. The boy works incredibly hard, carries the ball well up the pitch, has good (not great; another aspect that holds him back) pace, and continually threatens and opens up defense with his progressive and consistent movement. The team needs to take advantage of what he does have and accept the deficiencies. In my opinion, he is a quality complementary player, but his inadequacies are accentuated in a side with a striker that is allergic to scoring goals and very little interest in attacking or controlling the play in the opponent's half.

Offline Judge Holden

• General Member
« Reply #2914 on: Sunday 28 June 2020, 01:39:05 PM »
I am a big fan of Almiron and have been since first seeing him in MLS, but he is never going to be a particularly productive player in terms of goals and assists. I cannot think of a player that could manage to be at this level of the game with his general lack of technical precision or physical strength. The boy works incredibly hard, carries the ball well up the pitch, has good (not great; another aspect that holds him back) pace, and continually threatens and opens up defense with his progressive and consistent movement. The team needs to take advantage of what he does have and accept the deficiencies. In my opinion, he is a quality complementary player, but his inadequacies are accentuated in a side with a striker that is allergic to scoring goals and very little interest in attacking or controlling the play in the opponent's half.

What?

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #2915 on: Sunday 28 June 2020, 02:44:22 PM »
The Miggy running and not passing this is baffling. There has been 1 case of where it’s happened, and that was in the last game with Ritchie. Generally Miggy plays a pass, f***ing hell anyone see the pass he made for Joelinton when he should have scored against Sheffield United in the first half?
Generally though he has no one ahead of him to play a pass too, so yes, he’s left running at goal.
In the case of Ritchie in the last game, yes he should probably have passed, but you could also argue that in Miggy’s mind, Ritchie neither has the pace or the end product to have made that pass worthwhile.

At Atlanta, Miggy played really well with Martinez because Martinez would overlap him and provide him with an outlet. He also played many passes to other players who also were able to run ahead of him and provide him with an outlet. It’s the reason why he had a very good assist count there.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #2916 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 07:30:40 PM »
Great goal!

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #2917 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:03:08 PM »
Super goal, he just glanced it in the net. Lovely player and reminds me a bit of Nobby.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #2918 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:04:14 PM »
He reminds me nothing of Nobby :lol:

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #2919 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:04:39 PM »
He reminds me nothing of Nobby :lol:

Same, completely different players.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2920 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:05:46 PM »
 :lol: absolutely nowt like him.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #2921 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:07:01 PM »
Yeah, that’s the strangest comparison ever

Offline Scoot

• General Member
« Reply #2922 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:08:43 PM »
Super goal, he just glanced it in the net. Lovely player and reminds me a bit of Nobby.

Aye in the same way Saint-maximin reminds me of Steve Harper.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is.
« Reply #2923 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:08:50 PM »
Lovely player and reminds me a bit of Shay Given.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #2924 on: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
Shane Ferguson reminds me of Demba Ba.