Author Topic: Miguel Almirón  (Read 152275 times)

Offline Anderson

• General Member
Re: Miguel Almirón
« Reply #2850 on: Sunday 15 March 2020, 04:10:55 PM »

22 seconds in, never knew he was a veteran of the Gallowgate. Fair play.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #2851 on: Sunday 15 March 2020, 06:16:29 PM »
:lol:

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #2852 on: Monday 16 March 2020, 10:05:46 AM »

22 seconds in, never knew he was a veteran of the Gallowgate. Fair play.
:lol: :lol:

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #2853 on: Monday 16 March 2020, 10:09:11 AM »
 :lol:
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline The Ideal Crash

• General Member
  • Paddy with a Northern Soul
« Reply #2854 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 01:28:33 AM »
I really like the player as he gives everything but am beginning to run out of excuses why he’s been absolute pony for the guts of the time he’s been here.

For the abundance of pace he has, he never seems to have any time on the ball. Constantly snatches at shots or runs into dead ends. Poor decision making.

Honest question, do you think he’ll be good enough to be a player in this team once the takeover happens?

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #2855 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 01:36:36 AM »
I really like the player as he gives everything but am beginning to run out of excuses why he’s been absolute pony for the guts of the time he’s been here.

For the abundance of pace he has, he never seems to have any time on the ball. Constantly snatches at shots or runs into dead ends. Poor decision making.

Honest question, do you think he’ll be good enough to be a player in this team once the takeover happens?

1000%

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #2856 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 02:35:17 AM »

1000%
I am 999% with you.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Away Toon

• Heavy user of Pritt Stick
  • General Member
« Reply #2857 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 03:11:52 AM »

I’m not sure he’s good enough for us now. He looks like a decent player and occasionally he will do something that looks good, but he’s ineffectual with virtually no end product, very few assists and he can’t score.
Modern Capitalism: Giving arseholes self esteem since 1850

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2858 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:01:18 AM »
He’s a decent enough player for a mid table team. If the new owners are going to revolutionise the team like was mentioned though, he is not going to be anywhere good enough to hold a place in a top 7 team. Runs lots, plenty huff and puff, but doesn’t really do anything. Just an average player really, nothing special at all.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is. We are where we are.
« Reply #2859 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:07:03 AM »
He hasn't looked properly up to speed since the break.  Harsh to judge him at the moment.

There is a useful player in there, but not the player I thought we had signed after his first few games under Benitez.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
  • Le Champion
« Reply #2860 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:09:46 AM »
He needs a manager who knows how to use the squad at his disposal more effectively. Currently we're playing a second striker as a number 9 who cannot hold up the ball and generally has poor movement. Unless you're at least as good as ASM you're going to struggle in this team.
Football > Football with no fans > No Football

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
« Reply #2861 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:17:21 AM »
Still my favourite player. He'll come good soon.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #2862 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 07:51:49 AM »
I'm not really a fan of him, when he first joined i thought he just needed time to get used to the league, reality is his decision making is poor and he misses a lot of chances, 2 goals in 40 league games is an awful return for an attacking midfielder, i hope he does get to improve but i don't see it happening under Bruce.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #2863 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 08:03:32 AM »
He needs to slow down and not do everything at breakneck speed all the time

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #2864 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 09:00:15 AM »
I don't think he's that good
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #2865 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 09:25:06 AM »
Still offering a fair bit to the team imo. When we're penned in from a set piece, the way he picks the ball up and drives us up the pitch is impressive.

I appreciate he's still lacking consistency in the final third though and probably isn't going to be a goalscorer you can rely on for 8-10 goals like you could with Perez.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Madrid, ES
« Reply #2866 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 09:26:28 AM »
I really like him, but I agree with @joeyt needs learn to play not at breakneck speed.

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #2867 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
Noticed against Villa he lifts his head up very late, when you watch Saint-Maximin as soon as he has beat his man he lifts his head to get a picture of what's in front of him.

Offline Lazarus

• General Member
« Reply #2868 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:01:00 AM »
So were turning against Almiron now eh?

Hes playing for a manager who doesnt do tactics and trying to setup a striker who cant score.

Im sorry but  :lol:

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #2869 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:06:18 AM »

Hes playing for a manager who doesnt do tactics and trying to setup a striker who cant score.

Certainly not from my point of view, really like him.

« Reply #2870 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:17:21 AM »
He's looked better playing behind the striker and does make cutting passes from time to time like the one against Sheff United for Joelinton. He does need to slow down at times though.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • Supporting Stilton at the Cheese World Cup
« Reply #2871 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:33:49 AM »
I refuse to believe that the lad who transformed the way we played last season, forming one third of one of the most interesting and balanced attacks I've seen at Newcastle in years, is anything less than an unpolished diamond. I've not seen much this season and I understand his role has changed more recently into something that suits him better, but plenty of what I saw had him in a defensive role, spending as much time as a wing-back as an attacker. The Oxford and West Brom away games are the only ones I've seen since that Leicester destruction on New Years Day, so I'm not a reliable witness; but I've still seen plenty from last season, and moments in this, to suggest the guy's got talent.

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, I've absolutely zero faith in him having the managerial acumen to hone the abilities of raw talents like Miggy. What tuition has he got these days compared to what he had under Rafa? It doesn't even compare.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #2872 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:35:18 AM »

Who's turning against him? Some people really like him, some people think he is a bit average, that's all it really is, a difference in opinion.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #2873 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:37:35 AM »

No, I like him. Of course he has flaws but we need him. He is excellent at getting us up the pitch, and that has been vital in many games (release pressure, create a chance).

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #2874 on: Friday 26 June 2020, 10:38:25 AM »
I refuse to believe that the lad who transformed the way we played last season, forming one third of one of the most interesting and balanced attacks I've seen at Newcastle in years, is anything less than an unpolished diamond. I've not seen much this season and I understand his role has changed more recently into something that suits him better, but plenty of what I saw had him in a defensive role, spending as much time as a wing-back as an attacker. The Oxford and West Brom away games are the only ones I've seen since that Leicester destruction on New Years Day, so I'm not a reliable witness; but I've still seen plenty from last season, and moments in this, to suggest the guy's got talent.

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, I've absolutely zero faith in him having the managerial acumen to hone the abilities of raw talents like Miggy. What tuition has he got these days compared to what he had under Rafa? It doesn't even compare.

That's fair enough.