Author Topic: Miguel Almirón  (Read 125137 times)

Offline godzilla

• General Member
Re: Miguel Almirón
« Reply #1725 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:04:51 PM »
Was p*ssed off the amount of times Ritchie completely ignored him and turned to pass it back. Seems to be a common thing up to now also.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #1726 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:07:10 PM »
Was p*ssed off the amount of times Ritchie completely ignored him and turned to pass it back. Seems to be a common thing up to now also.

There's absolutely nee chemistry between them, like. There's nowt silly in it, they just don't really click and, tbh, Ritchie's in a bit of s*** form. Not a lot coming off for him recently and he was quite poor today I thought. No coincidence we improved when Rafa took him off the left and ultimately off the pitch.

Offline DJ_NUFC

• General Member
« Reply #1727 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:07:13 PM »

Ritchie clearly has some sort of a personal hatred for him now. A few times Miggy just threw his arms up in the air, asking WTF?

Offline Gallowgate Toon

• General Member
« Reply #1728 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:14:26 PM »
Ritchie seems to be incapable of playing a first time ball.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #1729 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:15:14 PM »

Or a cross or forwards pass to a teammate.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1730 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:48:24 PM »
His shot for the 2nd goal was straight out of Joselu's wishlist.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1731 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 08:50:14 PM »

Ritchie clearly has some sort of a personal hatred for him now. A few times Miggy just threw his arms up in the air, asking WTF?
I actually think that he resents him because he has all the quality that he doesn’t have and wishes he does have.

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #1732 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:06:49 PM »

I actually think that he resents him because he has all the quality that he doesn’t have and wishes he does have.

How many on here are thinking about that reserve player from Goal when making these accusations? :lol:
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1733 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:07:54 PM »

Or a cross or forwards pass to a teammate.
Ritchie is generally out best crosser of the ball, admittedly he's in bad form at the moment, so its not really paying off.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • Remember...
« Reply #1734 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:08:52 PM »

Yeah, he's a professional footballer, and one of our most dedicated player, I highly doubt this is the case. :lol:

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #1735 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:09:14 PM »

How many on here are thinking about that reserve player from Goal when making these accusations? :lol:

@1:19
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Online thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Here's that Portuguese wizard battle you ordered.
« Reply #1736 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:21:32 PM »

Yeah I've been swayed to this thinking. Thought the first few games it might have just been unfamiliarity or something but it's well past obvious now.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #1737 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:35:26 PM »
 :thup:

Yeah, he's a professional footballer, and one of our most dedicated player, I highly doubt this is the case. :lol:

:thup: 
It is just silly to imply that.
Almiron is an exceptional talent who's directness and pace will be a great asset to us. Ritchie is a very experienced senior pro who's game is more pragmatic.
We need both sides.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1738 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:48:06 PM »
It's alarming how often Almiron makes a run asking for the ball ahead of him and for no apparent reason at all Ritchie doesn't release it.

Ironically I have noticed him have a go at Almiron for not giving him the ball when he is not even in half as useful a position.

Something is definitely off there. Must have twisted him up in training or something. Ritchie is displaying all of the characteristics of a future PFM.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #1739 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:52:32 PM »
It’s beyond obvious that Ritchie isn’t passing to him. It’s happened every game since Almiron arrived.

I don’t know whether it’s because Ritchie is annoyed that Almiron takes up similar positions to him or whether he’s worried Almiron is going to ultimately take his place but there’s something going on.

I used to quite like Ritchie but I’ve gone right off him after this.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #1740 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:53:31 PM »
Almirón clearly frustrated with Ritchie at times. Haring into space showing where he wants the ball and Ritchie turns away inside to do nothing with it.
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #1741 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:53:58 PM »
It's alarming how often Almiron makes a run asking for the ball ahead of him and for no apparent reason at all Ritchie doesn't release it.

Ironically I have noticed him have a go at Almiron for not giving him the ball when he is not even in half as useful a position.

Something is definitely off there. Must have twisted him up in training or something. Ritchie is displaying all of the characteristics of a future PFM.

Yep, that’s another thing. I’ve seen Ritchie bawl Almiron out for no reason too. He’s definitely rattled for some reason.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1742 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:54:44 PM »
It’s beyond obvious that Ritchie isn’t passing to him. It’s happened every game since Almiron arrived.

I don’t know whether it’s because Ritchie is annoyed that Almiron takes up similar positions to him or whether he’s worried Almiron is going to ultimately take his place but there’s something going on.

Will say it again, it's because of how left sided they both are. Ritchie's body shape is always wrong for the pass Almiron needs with the runs he makes.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline LV

• General Member
« Reply #1743 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:56:17 PM »

Will say it again, it's because of how left sided they both are. Ritchie's body shape is always wrong for the pass Almiron needs with the runs he makes.

His body shape is wrong? Really? I think there’s more to it than that. Just my opinion but I’m sure of it.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1744 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 09:56:34 PM »
It's genuinely uncomfortable how often it's happened.

Almiron clearly wants it early in those channels he runs into so he can take on the defender one on one.

We haven't seen enough of him in these positions yet, because he is not being given the ball.

Hope Kenedy displaces Ritchie at some point. That would be far more intriguing.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #1745 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:08:50 PM »
Ritchie is a relegation clogger. He has great work rate and stamina but he thinks he a lot better than he is and is involved way too much in our play.

Offline Consortium of one

• General Member
« Reply #1746 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:36:37 PM »
Ritchie is taking one for the team.  Moving to an unfamiliar position while watching his future run the channels in front of him.  It's got to be tough for him but he's still giving it a go, if not warming to Almiron the way we'd want him to.
It is my intent to purchase NUFC as soon as possible with the fullest extent of my personal wealth which may not be all that much right now, and may never be, but I stand by my statement nonetheless.

Online Stifleaay

• Heavy scarer of dogs
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #1747 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:55:53 PM »
Loved him jumping on the back of Perez after the equaliser.

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #1748 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 11:31:14 PM »
The not passing to Almiron is imo Ritchie's ego making him ignore the obvious pass on to the superior player. He doesn't want to give the ball to the guy who is most likely to do something with it because subconsciously he thinks he should be the one to be pulling the strings, and so instead of releasing the ball to that guy he uses him as a decoy instead and looks to develop play elsewhere.

Tiote (RIP) had this ego issue also, though it wasn't really as noticeable as Ritchie's - he would frequently avoid passing to Ben Arfa even when it was the best pass on. He'd have the ball in the middle of the pitch whilst getting closed down, Hatem's to his right free and unmarked and in a good position so it's a simple pass to him, so what does Cheik do? He fakes that he's about to pass to Hatem and then turns on the ball, and looks to pass it left sideways to someone else. It was f***ing frustrating to watch and made zero sense, and the sample applies with Ritchie's refusal to pass to Almiron.

Anyway, Almiron is looking like such a massive signing. Those crosses into the danger zones were superb, the quicker his teammates adapt to his ability to fizz the ball hard and low into that gap the more goals we'll score.

Offline Shelvey's Hair

• General Member
« Reply #1749 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 11:33:12 PM »

While I do think there is an element of Ritchie thinking he is the senior player and trying to dictate play a bit, I did think this while watching him today.

Its almost like Ritchie naturally turns readying for the cross and so it cuts out the angle up the wing, its probably habit and not used to having someone in front of him.

If he wants to stay in the team though he needs to make himself an important yet unappreciated cog in the machine.