Author Topic: Everton 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/18 - Post-match reaction from page 10  (Read 4150 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
Re: Everton 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/18 - Post-match reaction from page 10
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 10:56:00 pm »
3 at the back is working quite well at the moment

CBs are the only decent players we’ve got.

Harsh IMO, there's some decent players in midfield we just have very little in terms of difference makers and most of them are very flawed. But if used correctly Diame and Ki are decent players.

I know, I’m just exaggerating to suggest there are strong reasons we look good with a back 3.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
Re: Everton 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/18 - Post-match reaction from page 10
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 10:56:05 pm »
decent point - but disappointed in the end. that atsu miss...
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 10:56:53 pm »
They've put more effort into protesting against Ashley in one game than most of our fans have in eleven years.

:whistle:
Hatem Ben Arfa -
I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

After 9 losses and 1 draw in 10 matches under John Carver.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 10:58:49 pm »
3 at the back is working quite well at the moment

CBs are the only decent players we’ve got.

Harsh IMO, there's some decent players in midfield we just have very little in terms of difference makers and most of them are very flawed. But if used correctly Diame and Ki are decent players.

I know, I’m just exaggerating to suggest there are strong reasons we look good with a back 3.

:thup: Fair, i should have assumed as such.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 11:00:17 pm »
Not at all, it was a s**** post :lol:

Offline Disco

• #votekaka2018
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday 5 December 2018, 11:19:27 pm »
Proper shithouse away performance today. I’d have been losing my s*** if I’d been in the home end. Tactical fouling all over the place, be amazed if we’ve conceded more Freekicks and corners in years.

Their flair players soon cried off though so it worked well and the one time they built up a head of steam they scored, given the differential quality in both teams you can’t really complain either.

Fede, Mo and Ki all superb.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #306 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 12:07:51 am »
For all their possession, Everton didn't offer much in the second half. It was almost comfortable at the end (although every Toon fan expected the free kick from Atsu's foul to go in!)
Looking after Charles Freck's artifacts

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #307 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 12:12:52 am »
Thought it was a lovely goal. Top work from Murphy.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #308 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 12:17:34 am »
For all their possession, Everton didn't offer much in the second half. It was almost comfortable at the end (although every Toon fan expected the free kick from Atsu's foul to go in!)

They had the second least amount of shots on target of all the Premier League teams tonight.

Offline Stottie

• General Member
  • Aal these sheep and you've got nae bacon!
« Reply #309 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 03:22:28 am »
Proper shithouse away performance today. I’d have been losing my s*** if I’d been in the home end. Tactical fouling all over the place, be amazed if we’ve conceded more Freekicks and corners in years.

Yeah, some very clear yellows, and it could have been worse with a card-happy ref.

I was expecting the lads to tire and space to open up but it didn't happen. Everton simply got more frustrated and impatient.

Offline Serb

« Reply #310 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 10:53:41 am »
The thing is - we have a top 7 goalkeeper, mid-table defense, bottom half midfield and Championship attacking line.

What do y'all expect?

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #311 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 11:00:40 am »
The thing is - we have a top 7 goalkeeper, mid-table defense, bottom half midfield and Championship attacking line.

What do y'all expect?

That's a fair appraisal.  Probably why we are in this cycle of Aim for 17th>Scrape up>Have an off season>Go down>Walk the Championship>Stay up>Top Half>Struggle>Repeat.

We are never more than a minute away from crisis, and with such a weak squad in a league full of also-rans, that can see us go from 10th to 18th very quickly.

It's not the lack of playing quality that's the issue, it's the lack of stability and predictability in the background.

Offline Twinport53

• General Member
« Reply #312 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 11:01:40 am »

What do y'all expect?

That's a fair appraisal.  Probably why we are in this cycle of Aim for 17th>Scrape up>Have an off season>Go down>Walk the Championship>Stay up>Top Half>Struggle>Repeat.

We are never more than a minute away from crisis, and with such a weak squad in a league full of also-rans, that can see us go from 10th to 18th very quickly.

It's not the lack of playing quality that's the issue, it's the lack of stability and predictability in the background.

It’s 100% the lack of playing quality.
Hatem Ben Arfa -
I don't think he would have won us any more points than any of our current players.

After 9 losses and 1 draw in 10 matches under John Carver.

Offline AsprillasShinPad

• General Member
« Reply #313 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 11:03:40 am »

What do y'all expect?

It’s 100% the lack of playing quality.

Which stems from the owners...

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #314 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 12:09:22 pm »
 :lol:

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #315 on: Thursday 6 December 2018, 05:34:19 pm »
As if MOTD didn't show Atsu's easier chance at the end