Author Topic: US Clusterf*ckstravaganza - It happen  (Read 146945 times)

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
Re: US Clusterf*ckstravaganza - It happen
« Reply #6225 on: Thursday 7 November 2019, 11:17:59 PM »
Looks like Bloomberg's gonna stop and frisk the Democratic primaries

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #6226 on: Thursday 7 November 2019, 11:21:41 PM »
Oh great another billionaire saviour. :lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #6227 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 01:30:36 AM »
I think it's the inflated sense of self entitlement that grates me. Many seem to happily acknowledge and even exalt all the hard work they've done, but don't have the humility to realize how much dumb luck is involved in the rise of the Bill Gates in the world. Not to mention quite a bit of chicanery with regard to DOS, and that many more of them already started at the top. Greater minds than theirs were buried in mountains of poverty, never to realize their potential.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #6228 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 01:47:12 AM »
I think it's the inflated sense of self entitlement that grates me. Many seem to happily acknowledge and even exalt all the hard work they've done, but don't have the humility to realize how much dumb luck is involved in the rise of the Bill Gates in the world. Not to mention quite a bit of chicanery with regard to DOS, and that many more of them already started at the top. Greater minds than theirs were buried in mountains of poverty, never to realize their potential.

:clap:

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6229 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 08:37:20 AM »
He could also be doing so much more.

:thup:

Gates in himself may not be a serious part of the problem, although part of the problem he is. You've seen up close what he's done and, genuinely, that's brilliant.  However, surely you can see that this is about more than just Bill Gates?  Surely you can see how billionaires as a class of people, have steadily used their influence to rig a system so they can hoard so much of this money in the first place?  That if they hadn't done stuff like that, perhaps Americans could well have healthcare by now given the absurdity that they don't and one of the few nations still in that position. 

That filters through all countries also, as the rich in each and every country do very similar things to, thankfully, lesser effect.  Perhaps Africa wouldn't be in such a hole if the rich that ran the Western empires of the past, with greed that is no worse than today's lot, hadn't raped the continent in the same way many of these people do with their corporations today, that dodge all sorts of scrutiny, through, you guessed it, the disproportionate influence they have gained through their incredible levels of greed.

There are many rich people in the states who reckon they should be taxed more.  That's not their issue, it's those in power that need to solve that, and does america really want that?  I'm actually highly doubtful.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #6230 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 12:17:00 PM »
I quite agree, but how much of that change of mindset has been down to the way some of these billionaire influencers have controlled the politicians.  Politicians didn't take them there on their own, they were incentivised to do so, and only the billionaire class could offer such rewards.  Just like the UK, the US had a fairly decent redistribution of wealth going until the crashes in the 70s. Then the money took over.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #6231 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 02:11:45 PM »

That Netflix documentary covers this point of view. Bill Gates says he was very lucky to come from a well off family. He says it's down to luck he was born in the USA where he had the opportunities. Give it a watch. He's not a saint but it seems he's trying to do some good. There are plenty of rich people who are only looking after themselves.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #6232 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 02:16:19 PM »

Yup.

Tangentially, Booker or Castro would make strong VP picks for Warren or Bernie.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #6233 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 02:23:15 PM »

Yup.

Tangentially, Booker or Castro would make strong VP picks for Warren or Bernie.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #6234 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 02:24:41 PM »
Have to agree with that.  Not a massive fan of Booker, but I can see the strengths.  Just another billionaire with a messiah complex.

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • hog health status: exemplary
« Reply #6235 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
Bloomberg is probably getting in at the insistnence/nervousness of "liberal" donors. They think Biden can't win, they see Bernie and Liz as threats, and would like to maintain the status quo.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #6236 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 03:52:36 PM »
Donny wants to attend to the may day parades in Moscow next year.  :lol: :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #6237 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 03:55:03 PM »
:lol: The future is gonna wonder why we let a spy be President.

Offline YankeeToon

• General Member
« Reply #6238 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 06:38:54 PM »
:lol: The future is gonna wonder why we let a spy be President.

And also how any spy was so utterly s*** at being subtle about it.

Offline QuakesMag

• General Member
  • Telling it how it isn't
« Reply #6239 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 08:27:35 PM »
Donny wants to attend to the may day parades in Moscow next year.  :lol: :lol:

He'll say that they were for him. He'll have his parade.
Not one of the cool kids, and really insecure about it.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #6240 on: Friday 8 November 2019, 10:22:28 PM »
Bloomberg is probably getting in at the insistnence/nervousness of "liberal" donors. They think Biden can't win, they see Bernie and Liz as threats, and would like to maintain the status quo.

Absolutely - it’s Clinton all over again. Can’t have a progressive party represented by a progressive, no sir. Need a centrist/centre-right candidate under a progressive banner to beat Trump :mackems:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline thomas

• General Member
« Reply #6241 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 06:10:46 PM »
:lol: Trump was in Atlanta on Friday to attend a "Black Voices For Trump" conference at the GWCC. Spotted in traffic (not mine) :

https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/dtqgwz/welcome_to_atlanta/

Offline thomas

• General Member

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #6243 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
Timothy Egan and his sister are both c***s.
« Last Edit: Saturday 9 November 2019, 07:04:30 PM by B-more Mag »

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #6244 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 06:58:51 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/08/opinion/warren-biden-trump.html

Among the people I love is a sibling who works at Walmart cleaning toilets at night in a thinly populated part of eastern Oregon. She’s been there more than 25 years and has trouble saving a dime and certainly no path to retirement. She’s likely to vote, again, for President Trump.

No matter how much I point out that Trump is trying to take away her health care protections by litigating to kill Obamacare, that his tariffs have made it harder to pay her bills, that he is the most repulsive and creepy man ever to occupy the White House, she holds firm.

Why? One reason is what she hears from the other side. Many Democrats, she says, are dismissive of her religious beliefs and condescending of her lot in life. She’s turned off by the virtue-signaling know-it-alls.

Needless to say, but once more for those in the back:

These 👏🏼 people 👏🏼 were 👏🏼 always 👏🏼 going 👏🏼 to 👏🏼 vote 👏🏼 again 👏🏼 for 👏🏼 Trump 👏🏼

Offline thomas

• General Member
« Reply #6245 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 07:27:06 PM »
Deuce I love you but did you just start a rebuttal to an opinion piece about leftist elitism with "these people" :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #6246 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 07:37:23 PM »
:lol: I can't believe a human being who has been completely summed up as a toilet scrubber would be turned off by condescending know it alls.

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #6247 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 07:48:31 PM »
:lol: I can't believe a human being who has been completely summed up as a toilet scrubber would be turned off by condescending know it alls.

:lol:

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Only here for the GC.
« Reply #6248 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 07:56:01 PM »
It's sadly hilarious that the elitists are the ones who think it's ridiculous for people to have wholly unjustified anger about reverse racism while the ones using them as their pawns are real Americans.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #6249 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 09:08:35 PM »

:lol: