Author Topic: US Politics & The Stupid Dipsh*ts Responsible For The State Of It  (Read 665726 times)

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Yeah well that's your opinion
Re: US Politics & The Stupid Dipsh*ts Responsible For The State Of It
« Reply #24975 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 07:22:46 AM »
\o/
Nah f*** this, worst poster nominations are back.
One year I deliberately made no posts in the general chat thread so I couldn’t be nominated for it, I still f***ing won.

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #24976 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 07:27:49 AM »
Can we get the last 20 pages or so shifted over to the new thread?  They deserve to be more prominent for the lols.

Online Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #24977 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 07:29:14 AM »
this was before the ban but was a hilariously bad hot take but i wish it also comes true

CNN just said Parler has been taken off the google play store :lol: :lol:

Apple has also given Parler 24 hours to get proper moderation set up or else they'll give them the same treatment on their store.

Suddenly state intervention in private enterprise is good amongst the cult.

:lol: It happen.

Maybe we should get the Health Insurance companies to say mean things about Trump or deny one of Hawleys claims, nationalise the health system while you're at it.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline POOT 2.0

• General Member
  • Release notes: Minor improvements and bug fixes!
Re: US Politics & Society: Trump continued...
« Reply #24978 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 07:48:02 AM »

From the 1st page :lol:

f***ing hell...stupid leading stupid means stupid outcomes.

Offline Ben

• General Member
« Reply #24979 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 07:55:55 AM »
?s=19

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
  • You can’t understand white without knowing black
« Reply #24980 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 08:26:45 AM »
It’s always darkest before dawn, got a feeling the new thread is going to be a great ending to this crazy chapter.

Offline POOT 2.0

• General Member
  • Release notes: Minor improvements and bug fixes!
« Reply #24981 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 08:37:15 AM »
11 bombs, an assault rifle with loaded mags, and a handgun...in one vehicle! Aye, peaceful protest.

https://nbc-2.com/news/national-world/2021/01/08/police-found-a-pickup-truck-full-of-bombs-and-guns-near-capitol-feds-say/

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
  • But it is what it is. We are where we are.
« Reply #24982 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 08:49:35 AM »
?s=19

Whack-a-trump

Offline Unbelievable!

• General Member
  • Adopted Geordie
« Reply #24983 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 08:50:54 AM »
Twitter reasoning makes absolutely no sense by the way. As much as I hate Trump, the role these big tech social media companies play in our society is becoming ever more worrisome.

This is an ill informed take repeated by many, and it needs clearing up fast. To claim the right to post whatever you want on platform belonging to a corporate entity is beyond naive. To decry action taken by that corporate entity against actions undertaken by the user that violate the legal terms the user signed up to is ignorant. No one has the right to post anything they want on Facebook or Twitter. You legally agreed to that on registration. To claim the social media sites taking down posts that violate those terms as anti democratic is a gross misunderstanding of liberty.

The actions of Twitter and Facebook enforcing their legal terms is not worrying for society, our usage, reliance & misunderstanding of them is. A social media account is not a human right. It's a transaction. We need to wise up to that fast.

Not sure why you’ve gone of on one :lol:

My beef is not with them kicking Trump off their platform for breaching their terms of usage over and over, it’s with how insularly people use it, how these platforms influence what people get to see without them even being aware and with them being commercially run whilst practically running a community service in modern day life. They contribute to fractioning in society and create echo chambers where groups define their own realities. Anyway, that genie is not going back in the bottle anytime soon, but perhaps it’s time for governments the world over to legislate them a little bit harder instead of relying on them to self govern and moderate the content they provide access to.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #24984 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:18:13 AM »
Facebook has managed to give news to people who generally arent interested in the news. Theres a whole swathe of Britain who has never had any interest in politics, society, history, education, who have suddenly had all of this information thrown at them.

Many of these people arent equipped to think critically and work out where the truth lies and because of this have been duped by divisive and corrosive content. When they are shown images of lines of middle eastern looking men and told their security is under threat by immigrants, they arent equipped to evaluate its merit.

In short, social media targets the most vulnerable minds, in a way newspapers never could.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline Wilson

• General Member
  • The Mike, the.

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #24986 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:37:20 AM »
Adam Boulton's had the time of his life riling up Trump supporters during this election.  :lol:

?s=20
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Online The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #24987 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:38:57 AM »
Mike Nearman seemingly in the s***. Allegedly caught letting rioters into the Capitol.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #24988 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:40:24 AM »
I find it weird when I see a black guy supporting the riot. Does he realise that the same people put on white hoods at weekends and burn crosses?
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline bigfella

• General Member
« Reply #24989 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:46:13 AM »
Facebook has managed to give news to people who generally arent interested in the news. Theres a whole swathe of Britain who has never had any interest in politics, society, history, education, who have suddenly had all of this information thrown at them.

Many of these people arent equipped to think critically and work out where the truth lies and because of this have been duped by divisive and corrosive content. When they are shown images of lines of middle eastern looking men and told their security is under threat by immigrants, they arent equipped to evaluate its merit.

In short, social media targets the most vulnerable minds, in a way newspapers never could.

Couldn't agree more.

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #24990 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 09:52:03 AM »
Pop this on page number 1 please. :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #24991 on: Saturday 9 January 2021, 10:08:38 AM »
The absolute state of these

http://news.sky.com/story/us-capitol-riot-fbi-launches-search-for-protesters-who-stormed-the-capitol-12182292

of all the idiots and fools i've seen this motherfucker in the middle next to red hat looks dangerous AF, serious murderous vibes, saw him on the videos just stalking about looking for a victim

So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.