Author Topic: USA Presidential Election - Jesus we're really going with Joe  (Read 339557 times)

YankeeToon, B-more Mag, Onemorefix and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline BlueStar

• General Member
Re: USA Presidential Election - Jesus we're really going with Joe
« Reply #13375 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 11:10:38 AM »
Wonder what Trump's antivaxx fans think of him telling them he's going to use the military to deliver it "very forcefully"

Online Papavasiliou

• General Member
« Reply #13376 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 12:30:05 PM »
I don’t know the full timeline, was just aware that TikTok teens had ruined Trump’s rally

I don’t have an issue with them harvesting the data of TikTok users who are over 18, means we’re not solely reliant on the the sex offenders register to track what nonces are up to

My reading of the story about the Reddit post was that they don’t harvest any more data than Facebook or the like. The issue isn’t privacy - “The West” just doesn’t want China to have access to the same data they have.

I don't get what the reddit post has to do with anything. People had been saying it's a Chinese front and doing security research on it for months before that post.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #13377 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 12:40:01 PM »
I don’t know the full timeline, was just aware that TikTok teens had ruined Trump’s rally

I don’t have an issue with them harvesting the data of TikTok users who are over 18, means we’re not solely reliant on the the sex offenders register to track what nonces are up to

My reading of the story about the Reddit post was that they don’t harvest any more data than Facebook or the like. The issue isn’t privacy - “The West” just doesn’t want China to have access to the same data they have.

I don't get what the reddit post has to do with anything. People had been saying it's a Chinese front and doing security research on it for months before that post.

The first I heard of it was a long-form story about the post. And maybe it’s me just noticing something that already existed, or maybe it really was kicked off by this guy, but within days I’m hearing everyone kick off about data collection and privacy concerns. And I kinda pay attention because I have (or used to have) students who used it.

Maybe more technically savvy people were aware for longer - in the same way they knew about FB/CA before it came out.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline cubaricho

• General Member
« Reply #13378 on: Saturday 1 August 2020, 08:02:27 PM »
Almost 300 kids at a camp in Georgia test positive for Covid but yeah, lets totally send the kids back to school. :rolleyes: