Author Topic: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::  (Read 467088 times)

NUFCDoog, Chrisjraby, Joe Dynamite, Mikky and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Sima

• General Member
Re: :::::{The Boxing Thread}:::::
« Reply #12625 on: Yesterday at 10:09:42 PM »
Is that thr best the heavy weight division has to offer?  :laugh:

Nah, Fury is.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #12626 on: Yesterday at 10:10:58 PM »
Like a tooth extraction that. British outlets will paint it as a masterclass but it was s****. Wilder knocks him out.

Online toon25

• General Member
« Reply #12627 on: Yesterday at 10:11:39 PM »
When he has the bollocks to take on Fury, I’ll consider taking Joshua seriously.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12628 on: Yesterday at 10:13:08 PM »
Maybe a bit boring, but Joshua was excellent, he did well to lose the excess muscle and looked fitter and more fluid for it.

Ruiz was guff, putting on 15lbs was a disgrace when it was always obvious he needed to lose 15lbs and be quicker in closing the distance.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12629 on: Yesterday at 10:13:49 PM »
When he has the bollocks to take on Fury, I’ll consider taking Joshua seriously.

Hearn has made Fury offers but he didn't want it. I don't think that fight ever happens.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12630 on: Yesterday at 10:15:16 PM »
Is that thr best the heavy weight division has to offer?  :laugh:

Nah, Fury is.

He just went life and death with a guy ranked 62nd in the world by boxrec.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #12631 on: Yesterday at 10:17:40 PM »
AJ fought perfectly, not sure why he’s getting slated
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #12632 on: Yesterday at 10:19:04 PM »
Yeah - don't get the Joshua hate at all.  Especially given the alternative is Fury.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12633 on: Yesterday at 10:20:20 PM »
Anyway, the WBO is going to come lose, Usky will win that then mop up the rest of the division until Dubois is ready.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #12634 on: Yesterday at 10:22:19 PM »
Maybe a bit boring, but Joshua was excellent, he did well to lose the excess muscle and looked fitter and more fluid for it.

Ruiz was guff, putting on 15lbs was a disgrace when it was always obvious he needed to lose 15lbs and be quicker in closing the distance.

Credit to him for carrying out a game plan and basically staying out of range for 12 rounds knowing he'd be in trouble if he gets up close. That's part of boxing I suppose. Ruiz dominated and outclassed him in June - but I reckon even if the Ruiz from June was in there tonight the result would be the same. Joshua essentially keeping well out of his way for 12 rounds, and that's credit to Ruiz for demanding that type of respect.

Not the fight everyone wanted really, and that Ruiz win holds far, far more gravitas. I wonder if it will still bother Joshua way after tonight - knowing Ruiz destroyed him for a conclusive win, whereas Joshua just moved away from him all fight for his win.

Edit: I would like to caveat that by saying the impressiveness of Joshua moving so well around the ring and picking his shots is not lost on me. It was the only way he was winning this fight based on the strengths of the opponent and he done it perfectly.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #12635 on: Yesterday at 10:23:32 PM »
Ruiz should of just stood in the middle of ring, no punches thrown, retains the belts

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #12636 on: Yesterday at 10:32:11 PM »
Ruiz should of just stood in the middle of ring, no punches thrown, retains the belts

Gets jabbed to death

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #12637 on: Yesterday at 10:39:50 PM »
Joshua was smart, realised he couldn’t knock him out like the other people he’s fought so paced it for 12 rounds. Ruiz was a disgrace, didn’t gas but was about as mobile as a tugboat. There was very little he could do with the left jab keeping him outside.

Couldn’t see a third match being any different but maybe that’s why it’ll happen. They don’t want any part of Wilder.
Minge Tingles

Offline Segun Oluwaniyi

• babatunde
  • General Member
  • Dope fresh outta Africa that never been stepped on
« Reply #12638 on: Yesterday at 10:42:43 PM »
Ruiz was well on his way to losing the first fight until he landed the perfect shot on Joshua's ear to ruin Joshua's equilibrium. AJ lost the first fight because he was careless. Ruiz is a tough, durable opponent for any heavyweight, but doesn't have a path for beating any of them. Credit to Joshua for doing what he should have the first time.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #12639 on: Yesterday at 10:44:20 PM »
Wilder turned down $100m, him and his team have admitted it, I’m not sure how anyone can still claim Joshua has been avoiding him.

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #12640 on: Yesterday at 10:56:13 PM »
Ruiz v Wilder would probably be the best fight between all 4 of them.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #12641 on: Yesterday at 11:22:13 PM »
AJ fought perfectly, not sure why he’s getting slated

Agree. I thought it was a big mistake for Joshua to lose the weight, but he really looked a lot more mobile and slicker because of it. Fair play to him, I thought he was finished after the last fight, but he showed fantastic movement and footwork here. Now he needs to go on and fight Wilder or Fury, no one wants to see this fight played out again.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #12642 on: Yesterday at 11:28:00 PM »
That was excellent from AJ. So calm and stuck to his plan all the way. Made Ruiz look terrible.

Think AJ will have to fight same against Wilder. But a Fury fight he could trade more.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #12643 on: Yesterday at 11:52:39 PM »
Mike Tyson, Holyfield and Lewis would destroy them all if around today. AJ, Wilder and Fury if around back then would be cannon fodder, bums picked to keep them sharp.

AJ can obviously box, better than Luiz, but he can also punch hard and needs to be combining the two and wiping the floor with the likes of Ruiz. Of course in boxing or any fight, one punch is all it takes and AJ experienced that, but that’s about all Ruiz has other than heart and work ethic.

AJ is the best of an average bunch in terms of his all-round game. Fury is technically superb, but his punches are powder puff, Wilder isn’t a boxer at all, but he’s athletic and is the hardest hitter of them all. Of them all he’s the most fun to watch, the most exciting and the one boxer who is more of a pure fighter in terms of what the sport is all about or used to be or should be. Putting the other man on his arse.

Before boxing become a professional sport, in order to win a fighter had to either knock the other man out, his opponent throwing the towel in or the bout sopped for medical reasons. Otherwise they’d draw and then of course have a rematch.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:42:51 AM by HTT »
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline sbnufc

• General Member
« Reply #12644 on: Yesterday at 11:56:59 PM »

Offline Aiston

• General Member
« Reply #12645 on: Today at 01:10:12 AM »

Joshua does convincingly have the best resume in the division. :lol:

Online morla84

• General Member
« Reply #12646 on: Today at 07:52:40 AM »
Wasnt fun, but did what he had to do to win the belts back. Cant see how he can fight any other way now his suspect chin is there for all to see unfortunately.