Author Topic: How to lose weight and influence people  (Read 334644 times)

Jill and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
Re: How to lose weight and influence people
« Reply #9425 on: Thursday 9 January 2020, 05:47:47 AM »
Just tried overnight oats, really nice as snack.  Just did it with almond milk, strawberry jam and blueberries.

Overnight oats are great and there's so much variety you can have. I usually have them with almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter and cinnamon. Tastes amazing.
nice to soak then in apple or orange juice them a dollop of Greek yogurt with your fruit, nuts seeds etc.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #9426 on: Thursday 9 January 2020, 06:41:13 AM »
I do them with almond milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds and honey. Took ages to get the consistency perfect mind. :lol:

Offline Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #9427 on: Thursday 9 January 2020, 09:37:23 AM »
I do them with almond milk, greek yogurt, chia seeds and honey. Took ages to get the consistency perfect mind. :lol:

Aye, just a bit too much liquid and the consistency can be terrible. I like them with coconut milk, some frozen berries, raisins, ground flax and cinnamon - the flax helps thicken it up nicely.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #9428 on: Friday 10 January 2020, 08:53:03 AM »
Yeah, it’s brilliant. I’ve done 72 hours once, which felt fine.

I think we’re conditioned to eat way too often.

About 20 hours into a 24 hour fast here. Feel great. :lol:

Spicy spal bol with wholewheat pasta waiting on me at 12:30. :notbad:

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #9429 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 07:08:18 PM »
2kg lost since the new year. :)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9430 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 08:09:08 PM »
Nice one.

None for me, can’t nail the diet as usual.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #9431 on: Monday 20 January 2020, 08:51:33 PM »
Nice one.

None for me, can’t nail the diet as usual.

My diet was pretty bad before so some modest changes have had an effect.

Cutting out dairy has been huge.

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #9432 on: Today at 08:09:16 AM »
Up to 3kg lost now.  Simply down to a better diet and hardly any alcohol.  Haven't done much exercise, but felt very weak and lethargic recently.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9433 on: Today at 09:28:01 AM »
Lost 12 pounds since new year. Doing good, just need to keep it going. Feeling good at gym, getting 5 workouts in a week.

Diet isn't perfect but defo is better.

Offline Ted

« Reply #9434 on: Today at 09:54:35 AM »
Lost 12 pounds since new year. Doing good, just need to keep it going. Feeling good at gym, getting 5 workouts in a week.

I've lost the same. Targeted 2 stone from New Year 'til the start of the cricket season. At the gym 3-4 times a week when I can (childcare/work)

My diet is a lot better than it usually is, which is helping. Workload at the gym has improved massively as well.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9435 on: Today at 10:04:30 AM »

I've lost the same. Targeted 2 stone from New Year 'til the start of the cricket season. At the gym 3-4 times a week when I can (childcare/work)

My diet is a lot better than it usually is, which is helping. Workload at the gym has improved massively as well.

Well done - good work. Off for a long weekend so will set me back a bit. but will be straight back on it when next week.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #9436 on: Today at 10:35:11 AM »
For people who have actually changed, was there something mental that allowed you to actually do it?

This is what I'm looking into now, because no matter how much I think I want to have a healthier lifestyle I can never seem to really stick it.

Online samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #9437 on: Today at 10:40:42 AM »
For people who have actually changed, was there something mental that allowed you to actually do it?

This is what I'm looking into now, because no matter how much I think I want to have a healthier lifestyle I can never seem to really stick it.

Not drinking all month has helped  :lol:

I've just been focused a lot more on gym, once I'm in the routine of work then gym, it feels a lot easier.

Offline Ted

« Reply #9438 on: Today at 10:54:11 AM »

Its happened to me every year for the last 3-4 years.

Lose weight Jan-May, go on holiday and then never get back into it. Cricket season finishes September and I usually do f*** all else other than eat and drink til Xmas  :lol:

I keep telling myself I need to do it in January. The JD gym opening up within walking distance is a Godsend so hopefully this year can be different.

Online Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #9439 on: Today at 12:00:12 PM »
I've cut out bread during the week, then will have like a couple slices of toasted tiger bread with millennial topping on a weekend as a treat. Not lost loads cos I've a minor injury which has, until just now, prevented me from getting into a proper exercise routine, but I can sense a difference from going breadless. Less stodge, more todge. Hehe jk if only tho amirite

Online neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #9440 on: Today at 12:02:48 PM »
Cutting out dairy has been the biggest success for me.

Offline Matt

• General Member
« Reply #9441 on: Today at 05:05:14 PM »
Good progress so far this year but I'm on holiday in a couple of weeks and I thoroughly intend to eat and drink anything I fancy. Challenge will be getting back into a proper routine after that. Have stayed off the booze no bother.