Author Topic: Poppygate  (Read 13986 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
Re: Poppygate
« Reply #425 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 01:11:42 PM »
Sad that they’re making a political statement by holding hands. Very disrespectful.

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #426 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 02:22:33 PM »
Bunch of LGB&QT+ scum the lot of them.

I might champion those that lost their lives fighting a war to stop a fascist regime that would send gay men to death camps, during a time in which you could be prosecuted for being gay in Engurrland.

But what he didn't die for, was for a single seller on eBay, in no way connected to the Royal British Legion, to sell unofficial rainbow poppies.

Different gays now, but back then, would not have spared any

Online David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #427 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 03:48:58 PM »
Invalid Tweet ID

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #428 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 04:34:08 PM »
It’s grass art but errr
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #429 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 05:36:57 PM »
?s=19

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #430 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 06:05:41 PM »
?s=21
?s=21

Online GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #431 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 10:44:04 PM »

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #432 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 10:45:02 PM »
The West Ham mascot is terrifying.
Bearings Straight!

Offline WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
  • General Member
« Reply #433 on: Saturday 9 November 2019, 10:52:26 PM »
?s=20
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #434 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:06:57 AM »

Offline loki679

• General Member
« Reply #435 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:18:58 AM »
To play devils advocate, is there any reason to highlight a soldier's sexuality in remembrance?
Comfy chairs, beer, and doom. Humanity's future is an early 90s LAN party.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #436 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 10:22:21 AM »

Online David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #437 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 01:34:57 PM »

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #438 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 01:57:16 PM »
To play devils advocate, is there any reason to highlight a soldier's sexuality in remembrance?

Yeah its madness. Anything to shoehorn another sensitive political topic into something irrelevant. You cant say owt though, because you are homophobic.

I dont know why it bothers me, like.  :lol:
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Online GeordieDazzler

• General Member
« Reply #439 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 02:43:12 PM »

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #440 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 02:55:53 PM »

Yeah its madness. Anything to shoehorn another sensitive political topic into something irrelevant. You cant say owt though, because you are homophobic.

I guess the way gay people were officially excluded from the forces and had to serve in secret is an issue.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #441 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 03:30:37 PM »

I guess the way gay people were officially excluded from the forces and had to serve in secret is an issue.

Fair enough, but its remembrance, it's like saying "remember the gays who lost their life".

I'm remembering all of them.  :lol: That includes any gay people who died. I'm also remembering any of the commonwealth countries like India, who lost a million or so but we dont need an Indian coloured poppy.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Online TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #442 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 03:49:40 PM »
I don't think anyone (same) in the LGBT community has said they want/need/demand a rainbow Poppy specifically for them.

Offline Mike

• General Member
  • GET THE F*CK OFF THE STAGE!
« Reply #443 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 04:29:44 PM »
Swear the poppies get bigger every year.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #444 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 04:30:27 PM »
American poppies innit.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #445 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 04:38:27 PM »
Haven’t worn one this year because of all this carry on.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #446 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 05:14:10 PM »
Bar the crap I read on Twitter and the likes of here I genuinely don't see the hoorah of wearing or not wearing a poppy. I've mates who are ex services and never a peep, I never wear a poppy for no particular statement I just can't be arsed. I donate and my kids are into it through school but in reality nee one gives a f*** about wearing it apart from the minority of facists on either side and internet geeks.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
« Reply #447 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 05:44:25 PM »
I haven’t heard anything about it online or otherwise. A couple of my friends posted a remembrance message today, which seems fine.

I did see the number 21 bus had ‘lest we forget’ on the display at the front, which seems a bit odd.

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
« Reply #448 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 05:54:34 PM »

Fair enough, but its remembrance, it's like saying "remember the gays who lost their life".

I'm remembering all of them.  :lol: That includes any gay people who died. I'm also remembering any of the commonwealth countries like India, who lost a million or so but we dont need an Indian coloured poppy.

What in the actual fuckitty f*** would an Indian coloured poppy look like? :lol:
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #449 on: Sunday 10 November 2019, 06:45:59 PM »
The whole point of the Poppy is lost on everyone these days it seems, even veterans. It’s been hijacked completely. Me I refuse to wear one not because of this, but because it’s not meant to be any kind of symbol of/for remembrance. And most of all, because those brave souls who fought in both wars, they did so in vain because today, there is still no peace on earth for mankind, for some, but not all. How can anyone be proud to wear a poppy to remember the dead who died for nothing, I don’t know! I remember them in thought, in thanks and in trying to spread good will and peace in my own world which is the least I or anyone can do.
« Last Edit: Sunday 10 November 2019, 07:40:04 PM by HTT »
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had