Author Topic: Poppygate  (Read 14017 times)

Offline Disco

• General Member
Poppygate
« on: Friday 12 October 2018, 09:53:09 PM »
Off to an early start this year.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/12/cambridge-students-reject-remembrance-day-as-imperialist-propaganda-8030829/

How many poppies will you be wearing this year or like the liberal elite do you hate England and our heroes?

Are you

or

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
Re: Poppygate
« Reply #1 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:00:14 PM »
Sometimes I wear one, sometimes I don't. It generally comes down to whether it's convenient for me to get one at any point.

I never really pay attention to whether anyone else is wearing one or not.

Offline DMC

• General Member
« Reply #2 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:07:00 PM »

https://metro.co.uk/2018/10/12/cambridge-students-reject-remembrance-day-as-imperialist-propaganda-8030829/

How many poppies will you be wearing this year or like the liberal elite do you hate England and our heroes?

Are you

or

If you don’t want to wear one then don’t , if you do then do. You seem to get really worked up about this, in fact your making the same sort of noise as the people complaining about not wearing poppies, you are part of the problem as well

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #3 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:10:53 PM »
shots fired

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:16:02 PM »

Are you

or

If you don’t want to wear one then don’t , if you do then do. You seem to get really worked up about this, in fact your making the same sort of noise as the people complaining about not wearing poppies, you are part of the problem as well

Not worked up at all chap, just find the ever growing furore around it all absolutely flabbergasting.

shots fired

Loads of Narcan, I’ll be reet.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:16:07 PM »
I don’t wear one (never have - not for any pilitical reason, just think it’s a bit pointless) and feel uncomfortable in forced situations where people take some sort of weird pride about wearing one. Couldn’t give a f*** about people who wear them though, or think theres some kind of moral justice to wearing them.

Cannot stand those freaks or the ones who think it’s pua cool to reject it.

Offline Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:19:20 PM »
One of my favourite times of year, along with when Tesco ban Christmas and Cadbury ruin Easter. Bet James McClean's f***ing dreading it.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:25:12 PM »
One of my favourite times of year, along with when Tesco ban Christmas and Cadbury ruin Easter. Bet James McClean's f***ing dreading it.

Good choice for a favourite, since we only have to take our England flags down every other summer.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:25:30 PM »
I don’t wear one (never have - not for any pilitical reason, just think it’s a bit pointless) and feel uncomfortable in forced situations where people take some sort of weird pride about wearing one. Couldn’t give a f*** about people who wear them though, or think theres some kind of moral justice to wearing them.

:thup:

Exactly the same.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:25:31 PM »

As far as I can remember it wasn’t a discussion point and there was no anger either way until a few years ago. It’s genuinely fascinating* how it’s evolved.

*to sad c***s like me admittedly.

Offline DMC

• General Member
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:26:11 PM »

The right stance to take.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:26:28 PM »

As far as I can remember it wasn’t a discussion point and there was no anger either way until a few years ago. It’s genuinely fascinating how it’s evolved.

Muzzies innit. Taking are rites.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #12 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:30:55 PM »

As far as I can remember it wasn’t a discussion point and there was no anger either way until a few years ago. It’s genuinely fascinating how it’s evolved.
Maybe it’s just selective memory like, but there’s definitely a few times in the past half decade where I’ve noticed a more forced poppy agenda.

People alive today had friends and family killed in WW2 (and obviously family members killed in recent wars) so it’s hard to say anything in risk of hurting who legitimately have a connection to it, but it’s become a proper grieving contest.

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #13 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:31:10 PM »
Dont wear one anymore, instead I became a supporter of the Commonwealth war graves commission instead. 

Offline wormy

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:35:51 PM »

:lol: Like f*** does he not revel in this s***. Only thing that keeps him relevant.

In the Hans camp. When I was too young to have a choice on the Church front, I'd always be made to wear one. Now I just... don't. :dontknow: Will probably sound heartless but it just feels like there's an anniversary for everything now and it just wears me the f*** out tbh.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:38:24 PM »
COMBINE your weird fetishes for [1] showing how much you care (this year!) and [2] an utterly dogshit football club by spending seven quid on this bad boy:

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/newcastle-united-2018-poppy-lapel-pin.html

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #16 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:40:58 PM »
Flashbacks to santoon slaughtering me in the james mclean debate :lol:

Offline Jill

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:52:11 PM »
Here's my one known family member who died in the war:

https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/2087360/moffat,-noel/

Offline jdckelly

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #18 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:57:13 PM »
such a weird thing for some people and media to get so worked up about, there has to be something better for them to do with their time.

Offline bovineblue

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 10:57:59 PM »
It's a bit ironic that the zealots condemning people for not wearing a poppy are usually the same people ready to jump into another war at the drop of a hat. 

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 11:14:18 PM »

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 11:17:15 PM »
COMBINE your weird fetishes for [1] showing how much you care (this year!) and [2] an utterly dogshit football club by spending seven quid on this bad boy:

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/newcastle-united-2018-poppy-lapel-pin.html

Not selling them through the club shop...odd.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 11:27:26 PM »
Flashbacks to santoon slaughtering me in the james mclean debate :lol:

:lol: good times
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Kevo

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 11:27:28 PM »
I wear one but doesn’t bother me if other people don’t. Hate the people that try to be different though and complain for no reason.

Remembrance weekend to remember (wey!) for me this year as I am on parade for the Lord Mayors Show in London.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Friday 12 October 2018, 11:45:16 PM »
I wear one but doesn’t bother me if other people don’t. Hate the people that try to be different though and complain for no reason.

Remembrance weekend to remember (wey!) for me this year as I am on parade for the Lord Mayors Show in London.

Give this man an Ashley Out flag.