Author Topic: The Expanse  (Read 4324 times)

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
Re: The Expanse
« Reply #100 on: Sunday 17 June 2018, 12:02:38 AM »
Just watched S03E07

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #101 on: Sunday 17 June 2018, 11:52:43 AM »
Only problem with this show is no one I know what watches it, is up to date with the latest episode.

S2E10 Spoilers - seriously dont read if you haven't watched it
Spoiler
[close]

Offline DMC

• General Member
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday 19 June 2018, 10:18:08 PM »
Love the 70's style rock music used in some Belter scenes

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #103 on: Thursday 9 August 2018, 10:13:36 PM »
Please tell me some c*** has watched all of season 3? :frantic:
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #104 on: Thursday 9 August 2018, 11:50:12 PM »
:shifty:
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: Thursday 9 August 2018, 11:55:35 PM »
Spoiler
[close]

And, the effects never look bad.  I kept thinking this would be the time they failed, but they manage to pull it off.  The bit with the Belter trying to make a name for himself. :yikes:

Still wish there'd been a different cast though. :lol:
« Last Edit: Friday 10 August 2018, 12:09:51 AM by BlufPurdi »
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: Friday 10 August 2018, 12:09:29 AM »
It's done. :thup:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: Friday 10 August 2018, 02:26:51 PM »
I'm going to stop reading the books, this season would've been sublime had I not known the general direction of it. 

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #108 on: Saturday 11 August 2018, 07:19:38 AM »
started s3, does it get better?  i can barely find the will to look at the screen atm
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: Saturday 11 August 2018, 09:48:13 AM »
It's f***ing great, for fucksake. :lol:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #110 on: Saturday 11 August 2018, 05:38:43 PM »

first 2 eps of s3 have been absolute dogshit man, i mean unless you like TV where f*** all happens

i've downloaded e3, will bin it off unless something happens i think

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #111 on: Saturday 11 August 2018, 05:57:49 PM »

:lol: I'm gonna find you in the background in one of these eps, man.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: Thursday 16 August 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
I'm going to get through this slowly as I'm busy as heck, atm. But it amazes me how a series can look better than a lot of films and how the tech makes more sense, and is better implemented, than a lot of films. It's impressive, IMHO.

:smitten:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #113 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 02:54:11 PM »
Spoiler
[close]

And, the effects never look bad.  I kept thinking this would be the time they failed, but they manage to pull it off.  The bit with the Belter trying to make a name for himself. :yikes:

Still wish there'd been a different cast though. :lol:

Had a break at episode four, then when it was all done I thought I'd watch an episode now and then. Ended up watching eight episodes in a row and f***ing my sleep pattern :lol: It's such an amazing show, man.

Thomas Jane is the real MVP. Only one of the main cast except the autist that feels like he was properly cast. It's so weird, really, as they're always f***ing spot on with their guest star casting, yet they apparently hired a drunk hobo to cast the main actors before season one :lol:

Gonna start reading the books now I think.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #114 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 02:55:31 PM »

first 2 eps of s3 have been absolute dogshit man, i mean unless you like TV where f*** all happens

i've downloaded e3, will bin it off unless something happens i think

The only thing I have against this show is the boring shitfest that happens when they show the politicians and stuff. Jesus christ I don't care at all about them. I want to see people do s*** in space.

From a story perspective, I know it's vital for character development of certain characters, so it can't be cut. But still :anguish:

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #115 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 02:58:12 PM »
I couldn't face ep3, that's probably me tbf.

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #116 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 03:00:33 PM »
I couldn't face ep3, that's probably me tbf.

FWIW, the politics part (only spoiler re: politics in the show)
Spoiler
[close]

If you need convincing:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: Sunday 26 August 2018, 08:58:27 PM by Kaizero »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #117 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 03:05:47 PM »
I'm going to get through this slowly as I'm busy as heck, atm. But it amazes me how a series can look better than a lot of films and how the tech makes more sense, and is better implemented, than a lot of films. It's impressive, IMHO.

More money in TV now than ever before, as well as the stories/characters/background having more time on screen. TV has always had the potential to be the strongest medium of storytelling, and I'm happy we're finally there. Give me a good show over a good movie any day of the week - let me learn to know the characters and care for them, we've all seen the Hero's Journey on film a thousand times before, nobody cares anymore.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #118 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 04:47:06 PM »
Anyone else's screen get f***ed over when there's spoilers within spoilers?  Everything's all over the place here. :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 04:51:36 PM »
Regarding you, Mojo, I just don't think you're into it, right?  Like I'm with K' here, can't get enough of it.  Watched pretty much all of season three in a ten hour stretch after the first few eps. 

Agree about the casting of guest stars by the way.  Since the first season, ep 1, even.  Had Mike Ehrmantraut, then Lt. Lopez  was great, for the half episode he was in.  He plays the weirdo nutcase in Frontier, coincidentally for Sadavir Errinwright actor who's in Frontier too.  At this stage, Anderson Dawes is still pretty much a guest star right?  Forgot his name, which is terrible as I love the actor. 

Anyway, I am obsessed with this show.  I think it's the general adherence to the laws of physics that does it for me.  So many space operas just pay no regard to that stuff, and it actually makes me scoff when I watch Star Wars these days.  Like I can't take it seriously how they move about. :lol:

The only thing I hope is we get to know Mars and the Belt a bit more.  As far as I can tell it's pretty much focused on the Rocinante from here on in, but I'd love to see how they portray Mars.  They do some damn good work. 

This was all a bit incoherent, but love the show. 

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #120 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 05:21:33 PM »
I loved S1 and S2 mind, but maybe I'm just not in the right mood for it atm. Think it peaked with the Thomas Jayne finale myself, never been as good.

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #121 on: Friday 17 August 2018, 07:12:20 PM »
Regarding you, Mojo, I just don't think you're into it, right?  Like I'm with K' here, can't get enough of it.  Watched pretty much all of season three in a ten hour stretch after the first few eps. 

Agree about the casting of guest stars by the way.  Since the first season, ep 1, even.  Had Mike Ehrmantraut, then Lt. Lopez  was great, for the half episode he was in.  He plays the weirdo nutcase in Frontier, coincidentally for Sadavir Errinwright actor who's in Frontier too.  At this stage, Anderson Dawes is still pretty much a guest star right?  Forgot his name, which is terrible as I love the actor. 

Anyway, I am obsessed with this show.  I think it's the general adherence to the laws of physics that does it for me.  So many space operas just pay no regard to that stuff, and it actually makes me scoff when I watch Star Wars these days.  Like I can't take it seriously how they move about. :lol:

The only thing I hope is we get to know Mars and the Belt a bit more.  As far as I can tell it's pretty much focused on the Rocinante from here on in, but I'd love to see how they portray Mars.  They do some damn good work. 

This was all a bit incoherent, but love the show. 

Also loved the guy playing the muscle for Indian earth lady (forgot her name :lol:)
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #122 on: Sunday 26 August 2018, 08:59:10 PM »
Is this page f***ed for anyone else? ???

Was a spoiler in spoiler situation. Fixed it.