Author Topic: Federico Fernández  (Read 24727 times)

Offline Ikon

• General Member
Re: Federico Fernández
« Reply #400 on: Thursday 5 December 2019, 09:41:36 PM »
I agree. I meant it more like, if only we had a Willems in the right too. Said it for long now, Manquillo is our best rb, easily IMO.

Offline nemtizz

• General Member
« Reply #401 on: Thursday 5 December 2019, 09:44:53 PM »
Shouldn't be anything other than Schar Lascelles Lejeune when all fit.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #402 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 06:54:37 PM »
What a signing for £6M.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #403 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 06:56:39 PM »
Ashley will be ringing round to see how much he can sell Lascelles for, given how we've performed without him.
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #404 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 07:11:55 PM »
Rafa is a god at buying CBs
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

poor

« Reply #405 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 07:29:37 PM »
What a signing for £6M.

probably one of the reasons they wanted to reduce rafas control tbh

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #406 on: Sunday 8 December 2019, 10:02:04 PM »
Ashley will be ringing round to see how much he can sell Lascelles for, given how we've performed without him.

it's no joke. he'll definitely be looking for buyers for one of lascelles, schar or lejeune.
and i think bruce will go along with it.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #407 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 01:40:36 PM »
Aside from him being about to collect his pension and start considering a one-wayer to Switzerland is there any reason this bloke isn't being given a new deal? Been one of the better outfield players this season from what I've seen and seems an honest enough bloke.

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #408 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 01:42:13 PM »
Aside from him being about to collect his pension and start considering a one-wayer to Switzerland is there any reason this bloke isn't being given a new deal? Been one of the better outfield players this season from what I've seen and seems an honest enough bloke.

According to Ciaran Kelly of The Chronicle, NUFC have the option to trigger an extra year in Federico Fernandez's contract.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #409 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 01:42:57 PM »

According to Ciaran Kelly of The Chronicle, NUFC have the option to trigger an extra year in Federico Fernandez's contract.

:thup:

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #410 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 02:37:37 PM »
Charnley will probably attempt to negotiate a new contract with worse terms in exchange for another extra year or something and then trigger the extension right before the contract expires after failing miserably with the negotiations making Fernandez disillusioned with the club and his performance levels drops as a result. Everybody loses. Job done.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #411 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 02:47:44 PM »
Would far rather give a three year contract to this guy than either Shelvey or Ritchie. Fernandez is a leader, one of my favourite Newcastle players.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #412 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 08:50:33 PM »

Amazed you didn't say something like English Steve not wanting any Falklands enemies

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #413 on: Thursday 20 February 2020, 09:23:30 PM »

Amazed you didn't say something like English Steve not wanting any Falklands enemies

:lol: I heard he made Fede renounce his citizenship.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #414 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 02:49:50 PM »

Offline ScottishMagpie

• General Member
« Reply #415 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 03:11:30 PM »
This f***ing club man!  :tickedoff:

Probably haven't started talks cos they were thinking in the back of their mind that it wouldn't be their problem since they were selling the club to the tyre kickers/imaginary buyers.

No doubt Big Mike will be 'flying back in to the country' to save the day himself and manually get involved in the running of the club which he says he has nothing to do with.

BULLSHITTERS the lot of them!!

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #416 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 03:25:33 PM »
Fede should be re-signed for sure.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #417 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 03:27:05 PM »
They won't give him a new one, thats why. They;ll just trigger the one year extension.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
  • Orlando FL
« Reply #418 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 03:28:20 PM »
Honestly there is no reason to get rid of any of the CBs, it's the upgrading at fullback, center mid, wingers and attack. IE, rest of pitch.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #419 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 04:49:04 PM »
Honestly there is no reason to get rid of any of the CBs, it's the upgrading at fullback, center mid, wingers and attack. IE, rest of pitch.

Not sure like. If 3 centre-backs is the preference, we suffer massively when Lejeune & Schar aren’t in it. I’d keep Fernandez to push Lascelles for the central role, but we need one or two who are comfortable in possession like those two are.
?s=21

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #420 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 05:39:06 PM »
How many CBs would we need in the squad then?

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #421 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 05:51:32 PM »
Might sound harsh but I’d sell Clark and sign an upgrade.

Lascelles/Fernandez
Schar/Lejeune/new ball playing CB
Dummett in an emergency. Ideally he would be replaced with a CB similar to Fernandez who’s a good defender and comfortable on the ball, without being particularly a ball-playing centre-back.

?s=21

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #422 on: Thursday 27 February 2020, 10:27:15 PM »
How many CBs would we need in the squad then?

5 to 6 depending on how you set up, the 5th player if you play 2 at CB's should a young un, 6th if you play 3 at CB.

That's called having a squad cover, not something we usually do  :lol:

Offline Pata

• General Member
  • N-O FF Champ 2018
« Reply #423 on: Friday 28 February 2020, 09:42:41 PM »
Might sound harsh but I’d sell Clark and sign an upgrade.

Lascelles/Fernandez
Schar/Lejeune/new ball playing CB
Dummett in an emergency. Ideally he would be replaced with a CB similar to Fernandez who’s a good defender and comfortable on the ball, without being particularly a ball-playing centre-back.

Come on now, we can't (or even should be trying to) find an upgrade on Clark that would be happy to be 5th choice CB. :lol:

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday 10 March 2020, 03:20:08 PM »
One year extension signed.