Author Topic: The Magpie Group  (Read 105734 times)

Offline Heron

• General Member
The Magpie Group
« on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:10:57 pm »
« Last Edit: Monday 12 November 2018, 11:01:13 am by Rich »

Offline Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
Re: The Magpie Group - Newsletter signup link in OP
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:17:58 pm »
Excellent.
« Last Edit: Sunday 9 September 2018, 10:16:38 pm by Dave »

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:18:44 pm »
:clap:

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:19:58 pm »
As I said in the Ashley thread, it's f***ing brill to see groups finally coming together. Enough is enough.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:20:33 pm »
It begins

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:20:36 pm »
Is enough.

E: God Damnit Chopey.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:20:58 pm »
Its brilliant, reads fantastically and great to have an umbrella for everyone. Feels like things are building.
Bearings Straight!

Offline sempuki

• General Member
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:26:45 pm »
I'd like to get involved with this.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:29:49 pm »
I hope they have spoken to the original group RE copyright. Sorry, but this is all silly, as if he would read the letter anyway and how come N.O are not on the fan list? Surely this is the biggest NUFC message board on the Internet? I thought AO were worthy of backing until they disappeared, but all the latest stuff just smacks of Steve Wraith to me.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:32:16 pm »

Offline Greg

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:33:40 pm »
I hope they have spoken to the original group RE copyright. Sorry, but this is all silly, as if he would read the letter anyway and how come N.O are not on the fan list? Surely this is the biggest NUFC message board on the Internet? I thought AO were worthy of backing until they disappeared, but all the latest stuff just smacks of Steve Wraith to me.

They said on Twitter they had spoken to some people from the original group earlier today.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:38:16 pm »

They said on Twitter they had spoken to some people from the original group earlier today.

Good to hear, if only to know some are still alive. I can’t see them being of any use advice wise though, it was a long time ago and most were old men even back then from what I remember. They probably think there is some free Broom Ale in it for them, or a box at SJP.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• General Member
  • Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:39:22 pm »
I've never seen you post and Wraith tweet at the same time  :whistle:

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:42:41 pm »

Supporters for Change - as it was back in the day. The principles of staying away from games will have little or no bearing as it did then. The fact McKeags etc all pretty much worked and lived locally made them very reachable by the support.

Offline Tubestationatmidnight

• General Member
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:42:50 pm »
Battle lines drawn. Either against the fat specimen and want the real NUFC back or are happy to vindicate Ashley and want a zombie club. No on the fencers. Sides taken and battle commences.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:49:18 pm »

Supporters for Change - as it was back in the day. The principles of staying away from games will have little or no bearing as it did then. The fact McKeags etc all pretty much worked and lived locally made them very reachable by the support.

Interested to see what you think might work, if anything?

Offline Stifleaay

• Heavy User of Shoes
  • General Member
  • Come here you ginger bitch.
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 31 July 2018, 11:55:23 pm »
We have to take the fight to him. In my opinion, we have to be doing at his stores (not just NE stores), at SD HQ and distribution centre, the street he lives in etc.

It's too easy for him to turn the computer off to stop reading about our unrest, or to stop going to games. When he does this it stops becoming effective against him, and the fake sales or fabricated stories and apologies crop up to keep us settled for a little while.
We have to take the fight to him. When he arrived at the club he was described as a businessman who parked his tanks on the lawns of his enemies, well we have to park our tanks on his lawns.

Offline Paulie Walnuts

• General Member
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 12:19:37 am »
Good stuff - keep building up the pressure and make it constant, with no let up.

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 12:19:49 am »
Group is a great idea and it's imperative that they don't go around trying to please everyone - they can't.

Just focus on getting rid of Ashley in any way.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 01:40:55 am »
Its another good footstep. The c*** likely won't read it let alone reply.

Until it hurts his pocket he won't flinch. It's Trump psyche he thinks he holds all power and is always willing to ride it out. Infact I think he thrives on the hate and it only makes him more stubborn regardless of whether club will go to ruin or not. He doesn't care.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 06:56:13 am »
Ashley never goes to games now but the pressure/hatred needs to be ramped up on his little minions who do go. People like Bishop and Charnley should not be let anywhere near the ground and if they do, they should be getting absolute s***. I mean real nasty abuse. Let them all know they have no place here.

Offline Hhtoon

• General Member
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 07:10:49 am »
Ashley never goes to games now but the pressure/hatred needs to be ramped up on his little minions who do go. People like Bishop and Charnley should not be let anywhere near the ground and if they do, they should be getting absolute s***. I mean real nasty abuse. Let them all know they have no place here.

Nah, they need chants but with an actual point. Nasty abuse makes us look like scum and undoes any positive media attention we may get.

Offline polkaDot

• General Member
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 07:28:22 am »

Nah, they need chants but with an actual point. Nasty abuse makes us look like scum and undoes any positive media attention we may get.

please sir, can you leave our club...

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 07:29:59 am »
I hope there are actions to go with the words. The protests must be heard from Mike Ashley and not just a few strongly worded letters.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Online UncleBingo

• General Member
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 1 August 2018, 07:31:15 am »
Fully behind this, and will join in any form of protest that I can.