Author Topic: Yoshinori Mutō  (Read 57066 times)

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
Re: Yoshinori Mutō
« Reply #775 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 12:22:43 PM »
I’d say Gayle has to start when fit, he’s the only person who might get anywhere near 10 goals.

I’ve only watched one game, but Joelinton clearly can’t play the role he’s being asked.

Maybe Gayle and Almiron pretending to be Rondon/Perez, with the others going wide.

When he’s never scored more than 7 in the league, where do we suddenly get that he could get close to 10 goals? Even more after his injuries.
?s=21

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #776 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 12:37:32 PM »
7 is close to 10 :lol:

It’s a pointless argument since if he gets 10 we’ll still get relegated, not sure why I got involved TBH.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #777 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 12:38:45 PM »
It’s closer to 5.
?s=21

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #778 on: Monday 28 October 2019, 06:24:50 PM »

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #779 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
I’m not sure if it was because we were just so dreadful yesterday but did anyone else think this lad isn’t as much as a lost cause as his squad appearances would suggest? He looked weak in certain situations but some of his play looked decent. In the right formation and more of a close possession based setup (not ours) I think he could be a half decent player at this level.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #780 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 11:07:56 AM »
he's always looked decent to me, never going to be great but also never had a fair crack

i'd take him over gayle in a 1 on 1 every single time personally, gayle is done at this level
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Nattfare

• General Member
« Reply #781 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 12:15:20 PM »
He looked lively and got himself involved in the first half. Also much quicker than Gayle.

Completely vanished in the second half.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #782 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
He looked lively and got himself involved in the first half. Also much quicker than Gayle.

Completely vanished in the second half.

That's because we barely touched the ball. I thought he looked lively when he got the chance, much better than Gayle, that's for sure.

Really difficult to judge forwards when we are probably the worst passing team in the Premier.

Offline Mr Logic

• Lord of the pikeys
  • General Member
« Reply #783 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 08:10:34 PM »
Muto is a canny player with intelligence and movement. I believe the only reason he never got much chance with Rafa was he was apparently a bit slow to pick up English. (Probably faster than I could pick up Japanese, but there you go.)
Had a big following in Japan, probably diminished because Ashley doesn't know how to capitalise on foreign assets cos he's a barrow-boy. No idea what Bruce thinks of him or why he hasn't played, might see him again in the cup game?
A life spent in fear is a life half lived.

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #784 on: Thursday 2 January 2020, 08:38:59 PM »
If we continue to play 2 up front I’d want one of the strikers to be Muto.