Poll

Would you rather:

Sell
83 (31.9%)
Keep
177 (68.1%)

Total Members Voted: 258

Author Topic: Jonjo Shelvey signs new 3 year contract  (Read 427645 times)

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
Re: Jonjo Shelvey signs new 3 year contract
« Reply #6800 on: Yesterday at 04:15:50 PM »
Seems like his fitness has improved markedly - he’s making sprints and one-twos much more regularly, and for deeper into the ninety minutes.
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #6801 on: Yesterday at 04:16:26 PM »
Passes really well through the lines lately
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #6802 on: Yesterday at 04:18:56 PM »
Seems like his fitness has improved markedly - he’s making sprints and one-twos much more regularly, and for deeper into the ninety minutes.

Looking for one-twos is what I've noticed since the restart, always been a big criticism from me, but his goal was a prime example of what it brings to his game. Done well recently.

Offline Away Toon

• Heavy user of Pritt Stick
  • General Member
« Reply #6803 on: Yesterday at 04:52:28 PM »
As part of a midfield three where he doesn't have to do too much defensive work he's good enough. In a midfield two no chance.
Modern Capitalism: Giving arseholes self esteem since 1850

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #6804 on: Yesterday at 04:53:02 PM »
He was in a midfield 2 today and Bournemiuth and he was fine

Offline samptime29

• General Member
  • Come at the King, you better not miss...
« Reply #6805 on: Yesterday at 04:56:16 PM »
He has flaws but overall I'm satisfied with his performances this season.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #6806 on: Yesterday at 05:02:05 PM »
Quality today. We know he is quality on his day though. Consistency is always the problem.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #6807 on: Yesterday at 05:05:42 PM »
Ran the show today, reminded me of that year where he destroyed the championship week in week out.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #6808 on: Yesterday at 10:13:10 PM »
The guy has been brilliant of late. Controlling the game consistently now.

The change in the formation has benefited him massively. Has lots of players ahead of him to pop the ball about to now, without having to resort to the 50 yard balls as often.

Defensively he just kind of holds position in midfield now without getting caught out of position which is suffice really, as Hayden beside him and Almiron just infront of him do a ton of work closing down and harrying.

The new contract is looking a really good move now. Really enjoying his performances and I haven't always been sure of him.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #6809 on: Yesterday at 10:14:09 PM »
He’s our best player at the minute.

Offline midds

• Administrator
« Reply #6810 on: Yesterday at 10:26:59 PM »
He’s our best player at the minute.

He's not though is he? He's doing quite well admittedly but ASM, Fernandez and Dubravka are the cornerstones of it all.

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #6811 on: Yesterday at 10:38:48 PM »
Part of the Shelvey boom and bust cycle is a few canny games where we pick up points, followed by injury and inconsistency and maybe a red card, and a run of ineffective lazy s**** performances.

New regime should move him on ASAP.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent