Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 85898 times)

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #875 on: Sunday 24 February 2019, 03:27:29 AM »
The amount of times I've got a paper cut and said to any bystander "I ain't got time to bleed"

How many have replied you got time to duck and lobbed something at ur heed?

Predator, t1 and 2 are all unreal films,

Just watched suburra, was decent now onto the series.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #876 on: Sunday 24 February 2019, 06:56:13 AM »
Venom - This was great. I f***ing loved it, pretty hilarious.  Not sure if watching these sorts of films with my kid helps though. 

:ben:
:kinnear:
:dowie:

f*** off with that reaction, but Aquaman is alright?  :lol:

You people are at it.  It's not great, but it's certainly as good as Aquaman or something.

"great" & "loved" it are pretty far away from "aye aquaman's areet, pretty ballsy to try something like that, but some of it is s*** and some of it good" :lol:

venom was a worse film than aquaman, by an absolute mile
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #877 on: Sunday 24 February 2019, 07:51:13 AM »
:lol:
Bearings Straight!

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #878 on: Sunday 24 February 2019, 10:43:14 AM »
How to Train Your Dragon 3 or whichever number, with my eldest. Yeah, nice job, did exactly what it was supposed to.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #879 on: Sunday 24 February 2019, 10:22:15 PM »
How to Train Your Dragon 3 or whichever number, with my eldest. Yeah, nice job, did exactly what it was supposed to.

Well trained then?

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #880 on: Monday 25 February 2019, 12:53:02 AM »

Well trained then?

You have to learn when to let them go...
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #881 on: Monday 25 February 2019, 08:36:09 AM »
Olivia Colman has come along way since shagging Jeff on Peep Show

Offline Beren

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Lung is the GOAT
« Reply #882 on: Monday 25 February 2019, 08:44:47 AM »
Spider-Verse Oscar! Mint.

Online Sima

• General Member
« Reply #883 on: Monday 25 February 2019, 08:54:13 AM »
Olivia Colman has come along way since shagging Jeff on Peep Show

Genuinely chuffed for her.  Listened to the podcast she did with Tennant and she’s ridiculously grounded.  You could tell she was massively overawed by last night.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #884 on: Monday 25 February 2019, 08:55:47 AM »
Spider-Verse Oscar! Mint.

deserved it as well, was f***ing great, really wish i'd seen it at the cinema now

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #885 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 05:57:04 PM »
Peterloo. Brilliant. Sickeningly so. Reminded me of Soldier Blue.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #886 on: Friday 1 March 2019, 06:07:21 PM »
Instant Family. Missus choice but actually not that bad.

Surprisingly watchable.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #887 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 07:03:13 AM »

Surprisingly watchable.

was alright, not that much of a comedy though really - felt like they should have pushed the clumsy one angle much more, had legs

Sleep now in the fire

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #888 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 07:14:31 AM »

Surprisingly watchable.

Was tempted by that the other day, but the sight of whassisface's idiot mug put me off. I've no doubt it's passable, but I think I'll wait until the world has ended and time is no longer a concern.

It'll be a nice intermission halfway through the "superhero saves the world from megalomaniac" collection.

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #889 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 10:14:07 PM »
I’ve never seen Terminator. T2 was good, pretty groundbreaking in terms of CGI at the time. One of those I don’t feel the need to watch again. That series isn’t my cup of tea.

Terminator is f***ing miles better. It's right beneath Predator, imo. It's f***ing incredible. It's 80's as f***, but it's fantastic.

It's streaming on Prime, D.

Terminator is f***ing unbelievable like. 35 years later, still watch it whenever it's on. Cannot beat the scene in Tech Noir when she knocks her drink ower and the Terminator just misses seeing her, giving Reese the time he needs. Don't know if Cameron deliberately made a comment on fate in that scene but even if accidental, I've watched that scene a thousand times  :lol:

In more recent times

The Favorite - Love Olivia Colman but by Christ I hated this film. I know it was meant to be satirical but I just found it a grubby and crude period drama with a few stars hoyed in to elevate things.

The Florida Project - Hated it. Only one sympathetic, relatable character at all came out of a typically understated performance from Willem Dafoe. The mom character Bria was just a repugnant and unrelenting pig. Rude, dirty, stupid and foul-mouthed, inevitably raising a dirty, though not stupid, foul-mouthed kid.

If Bria wasn't stealing or savagely beating a supposed friend, she was leaving a dirty maxipad on a window because someone didn't bow down to her demands (ironically the one person in the film who showed her any love at all) while exclaiming f*** every few seconds to emphasize every boring sentence. All the while, her tearaway kid is stealing, spitting on cars and setting fire to buildings. Awww, how sweet and magical.

Galveston - Love Ben Foster, but can't imagine how he got involved with this. Supposed to be about a hitman who falls in love with a pro (Elle Fanning) but for most of the movie, he acts like he can't stand her. Does have kind of a sweet, redeeming end though.

In summary - haven't seen owt good lately  :lol:

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #890 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 10:18:14 PM »
you dont say
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #891 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 10:18:44 PM »

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #892 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 10:21:31 PM »
you dont say

Bit of a rant, soz

no problem, been a long time since I watched a good new film, in fact it was probably The Death of Stalin

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #893 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 10:25:39 PM »
you dont say

Bit of a rant, soz

no problem, been a long time since I watched a good new film, in fact it was probably The Death of Stalin

Not seen that, will try to. Think the last recent film I can remember being even moderately impressed with was You Were Never Really Here. Enjoyed Summer of 84 as well.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #894 on: Saturday 2 March 2019, 10:34:18 PM »
you dont say

Bit of a rant, soz

Not seen that, will try to. Think the last recent film I can remember being even moderately impressed with was You Were Never Really Here. Enjoyed Summer of 84 as well.

Its marmite but I imagine if you hate those films you could love it.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #895 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 12:29:31 AM »
you dont say

Bit of a rant, soz

Based on your review of Favourite, I don't think you'll like Death of Stalin.

Offline LionOfGosforth

• General Member
  • Geordie in NYC
« Reply #896 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 01:01:36 AM »
you dont say

Bit of a rant, soz

Based on your review of Favourite, I don't think you'll like Death of Stalin.

I try to keep an open mind, could have been a mood thing. I just kept waiting to like it and never quite got there.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #897 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 03:17:15 AM »
I’ve never seen Terminator. T2 was good, pretty groundbreaking in terms of CGI at the time. One of those I don’t feel the need to watch again. That series isn’t my cup of tea.

Terminator is f***ing miles better. It's right beneath Predator, imo. It's f***ing incredible. It's 80's as f***, but it's fantastic.

Terminator is f***ing unbelievable like. 35 years later, still watch it whenever it's on. Cannot beat the scene in Tech Noir when she knocks her drink ower and the Terminator just misses seeing her, giving Reese the time he needs. Don't know if Cameron deliberately made a comment on fate in that scene but even if accidental, I've watched that scene a thousand times  :lol:

:thup: T1 has been in my thoughts since I watched it. Might actually buy it so that it's always on tap.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #898 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 04:33:07 AM »
Get out,  great film
Every I’ve seen it browsing Netflix I thought it was a Kevin Hart comedy so gave it a miss.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #899 on: Sunday 3 March 2019, 12:02:44 PM »

Enjoy: