Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 84258 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #825 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 01:10:40 PM »
so when the thumb goes up before it enters the molten steel(?), you didn't cry like a little kid that had it's ice lolly taken from it and fecked against the wall?

cold....

:lol: Right. I wasn't watching it imagining my dad dying, I was watching it imagining how awesome it's gonna be to get away from that f***ing kid.

Offline Munkey

• General Member
« Reply #826 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 01:13:54 PM »
haha - he was an annoying little shitehawk. and the little that i've seen of the fella since in films/ TV he's still annoying

haven't watched it in years (like 10+), has it aged well? the effects were still canny the last time i saw it

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #827 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 01:15:23 PM »
Mike, go watch the rest of them and then rank them please. Curious to see if it's possible for someone to get any more wrong.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #828 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 01:33:41 PM »
haha - he was an annoying little shitehawk. and the little that i've seen of the fella since in films/ TV he's still annoying

haven't watched it in years (like 10+), has it aged well? the effects were still canny the last time i saw it

Mixed bag. Can't get mad at early 90's CGI, though. Even I remember that s*** looking real when the movie came out.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #829 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 01:36:32 PM »
Speaking of CGI, in Bohemian Rhapsody the scene at Live Aid looked so obviously CGI. But if you look back at the original performance, it looks exactly the same. So there is the problem with CGI, it doesn't look CGI enough to be realistic.

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #830 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 02:00:53 PM »
Terminator and T2.

Realized I'd never really seen Terminator and I'd only seen T2 once, iirc.

Terminator is f***ing incredible. Can't think of a single foot they put wrong.

T2, imo isn't great. :lol: Not gonna make friends here but it's kinda overrated?

I still think the special effects from T2 stand up very well, even 20-odd years later. First one looks really dated now.

Consider winning

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #831 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 02:02:40 PM »
terrified about this new terminator film like, why don't they go back and a low budget one ffs
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #832 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 02:04:56 PM »
f***ing hell Mike.  Just f***ing hell.

You'll be telling us how brilliant it is next year, I presume. O0
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #833 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 02:11:17 PM »
Mike, please for heavens sake what is wrong with you ? :lol:

Offline SuperFlat

• General Member
« Reply #834 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 02:26:30 PM »
Why do people get so annoyed if one person doesn't hold a film in the same regard as you?! How does this affect your life in any way?! :lol:

Offline Munkey

• General Member
« Reply #835 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 02:31:55 PM »
takes the shine of the film. next time you watch it you'll have that nagging feeling in the back of your head that someone, somewhere doesn't like it. ruins it all. makes you want to take the entire Terminator story-arc in all media and just throw it into the Thames

joking ...maybe

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
« Reply #836 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:15:29 PM »
The FX were amazing then (and still now). Arnie's shotgun twirl is iconic. The spillway chase scene, also iconic. The pepsi product placement and the guy getting mowed down in the narrow hallway - hilarious. Establishing Sarah Connor as a badass and not just hapless victim being chased, also good. Kid is a kid, absolutely terrible, no question, moving on. T-1000 morphing through the bars of the cell door - amazing. Cyberdyne escape, also epic. 0 kills. Bill Paxton getting s*** on a second time by a terminator, hilarious. The ending, heartbreaking.

I haven't done the proper research but I feel like it really elevated the action genre from 91 onwards

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #837 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:25:09 PM »
:lol:  Something tells me KI's worst poster streak may be coming to an end.

Offline Munkey

• General Member
« Reply #838 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:29:34 PM »
Bill Paxton was in T2?

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #839 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:46:05 PM »
Terminator and T2.

T2, imo isn't great. :lol: Not gonna make friends here but it's kinda overrated?
Watch Genesys

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #840 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:48:29 PM »
Bill Paxton was in T2?

Nope, a very young punk in T1.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #841 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:48:59 PM »
Why do people get so annoyed if one person doesn't hold a film in the same regard as you?! How does this affect your life in any way?! :lol:

I'm f***ing raging here  :lol:

Offline Munkey

• General Member
« Reply #842 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:51:07 PM »
Bill Paxton was in T2?

aye, but thomas' post above reads like he was in T2 as well. been racking my brain to remember where(don't want to cheat and use IMDB or Wiki)

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #843 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:53:15 PM »
The FX were amazing then (and still now). Arnie's shotgun twirl is iconic. The spillway chase scene, also iconic. The pepsi product placement and the guy getting mowed down in the narrow hallway - hilarious. Establishing Sarah Connor as a badass and not just hapless victim being chased, also good. Kid is a kid, absolutely terrible, no question, moving on. T-1000 morphing through the bars of the cell door - amazing. Cyberdyne escape, also epic. 0 kills. Bill Paxton getting s*** on a second time by a terminator, hilarious. The ending, heartbreaking.

I haven't done the proper research but I feel like it really elevated the action genre from 91 onwards

:thup:
Consider winning

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
« Reply #844 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 03:53:31 PM »
Bill Paxton was in T2?

aye, but thomas' post above reads like he was in T2 as well. been racking my brain to remember where(don't want to cheat and use IMDB or Wiki)
weird i thought he showed up as another punk that messes with arnie+kid in the beginning apparently not

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #845 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 04:11:43 PM »
Bill Paxton was in T2?

Oh right, i see.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #846 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 04:48:06 PM »

:lol: It doesn't, but whenever I'm on the other side of this it's fun to laugh at the idiot.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #847 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 04:50:52 PM »
Terminator and T2.

Watch Genesys

:lol: It's not streaming anywhere, Sverige.

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #848 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 05:09:33 PM »

:thup:

what i liked about it, in the same way as alien/aliens is that it took a simple stripped-down idea of a movie (T1 basically a slasher/chase film) and blew it up into something else successfully
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #849 on: Friday 22 February 2019, 06:10:30 PM »
Mike's just made me realise why I've always found a perplexing sort of resemblance between my dad and Arnold Schwarzenegger, even though they couldn't look more different. I watched T2 so much as a kid that I basically assumed the role of John Connor and the dying dad emotion has somehow always pervaded. It makes so much sense but I never joined the dots until now. Thanks, Mike.