Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 84257 times)

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #675 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 07:29:54 PM »
:lol: I might’ve exaggerated slightly

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #676 on: Tuesday 8 January 2019, 11:53:52 PM »
That new Spiderman film.

Was great :thup:
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #677 on: Wednesday 9 January 2019, 03:21:16 AM »
Random :lol: Aye probs though, what of it?

:lol: Bit defensive.

To the question "who was it who wanked himself to death over a film?" I think I got the tone spot on :lol:

:lol: I've really no response.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #678 on: Wednesday 9 January 2019, 11:53:31 PM »
The Favourite. Really good film. Acting was spot on, dialogue was great. Ending ran out of steam a little but a very enjoyable watch.

Offline Jimburst

• General Member
  • Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #679 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 11:27:05 AM »
What are we connoisseurs constituting as not worth watching? The 3 comedies mentioned have reasonable rotten tomatoes scores. Horrible Bosses is borderline though I'll admit.

:lol: People are f***ing idiots, they like s**** films. Film reviewers pander to these idiots. Of course they have reasonable Rotten Tomatoes scores.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #680 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 10:09:30 PM »
That new Spiderman film.

Nobody else on here seen this yet? Seems like ya'll always watching these comic book movies but this has slipped under the radar.

The animation was really absolutely breathtaking. I don't ever see films twice in the cinema but I'm genuinely tempted with this purely for the eye candy. Stylistically it seemed like something totally new as well, which is so rare when going to the cinema.

Even the animation aside, I couldn't find many faults in it. Good story, likeable characters, funny and a fantastic score/soundtrack.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #681 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 10:21:02 PM »
I just didn’t go becausen it’s a cartoon. Have heard great things though.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #682 on: Thursday 10 January 2019, 10:32:50 PM »
That new Spiderman film.

Nobody else on here seen this yet? Seems like ya'll always watching these comic book movies but this has slipped under the radar.

The animation was really absolutely breathtaking. I don't ever see films twice in the cinema but I'm genuinely tempted with this purely for the eye candy. Stylistically it seemed like something totally new as well, which is so rare when going to the cinema.

Even the animation aside, I couldn't find many faults in it. Good story, likeable characters, funny and a fantastic score/soundtrack.

:thup: Can't abide usual Marvel stuff but this was ace.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #683 on: Friday 11 January 2019, 02:27:18 AM »
Been downloading a few filums in 4K to put the new telly through its paces. Came across I am Legend which had only seen once before.

Looks fantastic in HD, decent movie as well. Better than I remembered.
Minge Tingles

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #684 on: Friday 11 January 2019, 11:31:26 AM »
The Phantom Thread - I really don't understand why these sort of films are showered with praise. Pretentious, slow and dull. I don't think I've ever liked a Paul Thomas Anderson film.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Online gbandit

• General Member
« Reply #685 on: Friday 11 January 2019, 12:40:42 PM »
The Phantom Thread - I really don't understand why these sort of films are showered with praise. Pretentious, slow and dull. I don't think I've ever liked a Paul Thomas Anderson film.
can’t stand his films, saw magnolia years ago and couldn’t understand why it was lauded. Watched it twice since then and thought it was s**** still, disliked the master too. I like a lot of international cinema that some people think is pretentious because films often have subtitles but I’ve never seen anything as pretentious as Paul Thomas Anderson’s films

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #686 on: Friday 11 January 2019, 12:46:37 PM »
Loved There Will Be Blood tbh

Online gbandit

• General Member
« Reply #687 on: Friday 11 January 2019, 12:48:39 PM »
I have to admit that’s his best film by far. Even though I don’t like his films or Wes Anderson’s I always try to see them as I’m always wondering if I’m missing something

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #688 on: Friday 11 January 2019, 12:51:53 PM »

It's great but I'll probably never watch it again

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #689 on: Friday 11 January 2019, 11:46:11 PM »
Phantom Thread is amazing man.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #690 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 07:53:02 AM »
Hacksaw Ridge. Took a while to get going, and felt a bit workmanlike in the build up.

Battle scenes were great though, and I liked the ending. A very decent watch.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #691 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 09:37:50 AM »
Hacksaw Ridge. Took a while to get going, and felt a bit workmanlike in the build up.

I was enjoying it for its realism. Then it went all Hollywood. With unlimited ammo, shoot from the hip, invincible good guys etc.

Still enjoyed it, mind and it was a story worth telling.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #692 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 10:02:38 AM »

I was enjoying it for its realism. Then it went all Hollywood. With unlimited ammo, shoot from the hip, invincible good guys etc.

Fair point. It got a little silly towards end but it was still entertaining tbf.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #693 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 11:33:18 AM »
Bird Box

Seen a few people who weren't exactly enamored by it, however I really enjoyed it. Probably because I like the end of the world/apocalyptic type of films.

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #694 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 11:38:58 AM »

Think i read somewhere that in the real battle (the things that happened, happened over days not hours as the film shows)

On 21 May, in a night attack on high ground near Shuri, he remained in exposed territory while the rest of his company took cover, fearlessly risking the chance that he would be mistaken for an infiltrating Japanese and giving aid to the injured until he was himself seriously wounded in the legs by the explosion of a grenade. Rather than call another aid man from cover, he cared for his own injuries and waited five hours before litter bearers reached him and started carrying him to cover. The trio was caught in an enemy tank attack and Private First Class Doss, seeing a more critically wounded man nearby, crawled off the litter and directed the bearers to give their first attention to the other man. Awaiting the litter bearers' return, he was again struck, this time suffering a compound fracture of one arm. With magnificent fortitude he bound a rifle stock to his shattered arm as a splint and then crawled 300 yards over rough terrain to the aid station.

Mel Gibson didn't film the above as he thought it would be unrealistic  :lol:

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #695 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 01:34:23 PM »

Anyone else up for taking the 'Phantom Thread' challenge?
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline LFEE

• General Member
« Reply #696 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 02:04:18 PM »

Anyone else up for taking the 'Phantom Thread' challenge?

I always watch PTA’s movies so if I can find it I’ll stick it on today but haven’t enjoyed anything he’s done really since There Will Be Blood. Inherent Vice was one of the worst cinema experiences I’ve ever had and the Master would’ve been the same if I’d not watched it at home. Enjoyed Magnolia and Punch Drunk Love was canny. Boogie Nights was good but can hardly remember much of Hard Eight.

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #697 on: Saturday 12 January 2019, 10:10:11 PM »
Eternity and a Day

Directed by the renowned Theo Angelopoulos, though I think I've only seen one of his previous films, and starring one of my faves Bruno Ganz as a terminal writer of some hirsute. This is an artfully told story of loneliness, loss and I guess some kind of redemption. The plot is not the thing here really. it's about spirit, identity and loss. Ganz, dubbed into Greek I though it wasn't massively noticeable, is approaching death and living partly in memories of his lost wife and their previous life but has a chance to rescue an innocent before he pops his clogs.

It's quite affecting at times. I would say you need to be in the mood for a slow art house experience and I admit I was slightly bored in patches but I think that might be more down to me than the film.
« Last Edit: Sunday 13 January 2019, 09:23:21 AM by Django »

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #698 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 12:43:48 AM »
That new Spiderman film.

It’s great, like. Give me that over that desperate English bellend that plays Spiderman in the Avengers films.

Offline Newintoon

• General Member
« Reply #699 on: Sunday 13 January 2019, 03:48:41 AM »
Win it all on Netflix
Ok, Will strike a few chords with you if u like a gamble like myself, however has one of  the worst endings of a film ever