Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 85884 times)

joeyt and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline OCK

• General Member
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #400 on: Sunday 21 October 2018, 07:23:52 PM »
All his movies come with expectations now like. The Raid came out of nowhere and everyone was like "lol a Welshman making a HK Action Flick lol yeah OK."

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #401 on: Sunday 21 October 2018, 07:24:06 PM »
:lol: You have to watch it because it's unreasonably violent. Like, I love action movies, have my entire life. I can't think of the last time I looked away from the screen as much as this. There's s*** in this where you're just like f***ing hell someone needs therapy.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #402 on: Sunday 21 October 2018, 07:26:25 PM »
I'm going in now, will report back in a couple of hours.
Bearings Straight!

« Reply #403 on: Sunday 21 October 2018, 11:24:27 PM »
Seen First Man last night. Was a pretty solid biopic and obviously very well made, but it didn't grab be quite as much I hoped it would.

Also watched Swingers (1996) the other night. They should have the DVD available on the NHS for any bloke going through a heartbreak.

Thought the same about First Man.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline ste_ne24

• General Member
« Reply #404 on: Sunday 21 October 2018, 11:50:23 PM »
:lol: You have to watch it because it's unreasonably violent. Like, I love action movies, have my entire life. I can't think of the last time I looked away from the screen as much as this. There's s*** in this where you're just like f***ing hell someone needs therapy.
i have it on now. it's very 'stabby'   :lol:

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #405 on: Sunday 21 October 2018, 11:52:14 PM »
i have it on now. it's very 'stabby'   :lol:

:lol: It's an anatomy course with fights.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #406 on: Monday 22 October 2018, 06:54:10 AM »
A Prayer Before Dawn
f***ing hell, what a film. Intense as hell, barely any (English) dialogue, but it's not needed. There's nothing you don't understand from just the expressions of the characters. The fight scenes are incredible, you feel every punch and kick.
Just watch it, you won't be disappointed.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #407 on: Monday 22 October 2018, 09:58:30 PM »
Gone Baby Gone

Spoiler
[close]

Online steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday 23 October 2018, 02:37:30 PM »
A Star is Born - genuinely one of the best films i can remember seeing. It doesn't feel like you're watching people act, which i guess is about as big a compliment as you can pay a film. Both of the main stars are absolutely faultless throughout and the authenticity and timing of the music just adds to the whole thing. Go and see it!!

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 04:26:13 AM »

:lol: Thoughts?

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 02:00:53 PM »
An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn.

I like kooky. You like kooky. We all like kooky.
Love Aubrey Plaza, the fella out of Flight of Chonchords, and Matt Berry. :laugh:

But I warn you, do not get tempted to watch this turdfest in the cinema. Absolute shocker of a film.
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 02:02:44 PM »
Aubrey Plaza, the fella out of Flight of Chonchords, and Matt Berry. :laugh:

:lol: Like painting PLAGUE on the door of a house.

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 02:04:16 PM »
Aubrey Plaza, the fella out of Flight of Chonchords, and Matt Berry. :laugh:

:lol: Like painting PLAGUE on the door of a house.

Well, admittedly, reading that back, I now see where I went wrong. :lol:
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 04:48:35 PM »
Murders in the Congo

For multiple reasons, I went into this flick with pre-disposed dislike. Couldn't maintain the hatred to the end of the film though. It's well made, great acting performances and doesn't shy away from the fact we still don't actually know the truth of how the murders were committed, or by whom. I fully expected it to portray French and Moland as Norwegian heroes framed by corrupt officials in a perceived "wild" African country, I was wrong :lol:
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday 24 October 2018, 07:40:17 PM »

:lol: Thoughts?

I failed forgot Dr Who was on so stopped to watch that. Either tonight or tomorrow I'll start it again.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #415 on: Thursday 25 October 2018, 08:20:05 AM »
A bit of a guilty pleasure of mine but I've started to re-watch the Resident Evil films. Enjoyed the first two struggling with Extinction at the moment though, probably about a 3rd of the way through!.

Really enjoyed the new Halloween, jumps straight in at number 2 on  my favourite list for the Halloween franchise with of course the original number 1. I read an article the other day ranking the Halloween films and the list put Halloween 3 as 2nd best.... Hmmmmmm, I thought it was a steaming pile of turd!!

Also gave Scream a re-watch. absolutely loved it when was 19/20 still enjoy it now. As long as you don't take it too seriously it is an enjoyable film.
"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #416 on: Thursday 25 October 2018, 01:20:27 PM »
Life Happens.

This was not my choice. If you enjoy your life I'd suggest not wasting it on this abomination

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #417 on: Thursday 25 October 2018, 03:16:27 PM »
A bit of a guilty pleasure of mine but I've started to re-watch the Resident Evil films. Enjoyed the first two struggling with Extinction at the moment though, probably about a 3rd of the way through!.

This is hilarious. Particularly when they get to the last one.

Spoiler
[close]
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #418 on: Thursday 25 October 2018, 09:48:38 PM »
Everything beautiful is far away, again. I think it could be my favourite film ever. Just for the simplicity.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #419 on: Friday 26 October 2018, 01:49:49 AM »
Everything beautiful is far away, again. I think it could be my favourite film ever. Just for the simplicity.

Sounds good, will check it out.

The Last Samurai.

Surprisingly great film IMO.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #420 on: Friday 26 October 2018, 08:31:11 AM »

Sounds like a Moby song.

Offline Tisd09

• General Member
« Reply #421 on: Friday 26 October 2018, 09:13:20 AM »

This is hilarious. Particularly when they get to the last one.

Spoiler
[close]

I'll give this a watch when I have a minute :)

"Now who ya gonna run to?"

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #422 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 11:56:19 AM »
The Death of Stalin, really enjoyed it, the accents absolutely shouldn't work but they totally do.
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #423 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 12:15:30 PM »
The Death of Stalin, really enjoyed it, the accents absolutely shouldn't work but they totally do.

Yeah, it's excellent. Stalin's cockney slayed me. :lol:

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #424 on: Saturday 27 October 2018, 12:25:31 PM »

Couldn't stand it. Typically s**** British farce. Lot's of talent wasted. One Jim Broadbent is enough, thanks.