Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 85905 times)

Online mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday 10 October 2018, 07:19:06 AM »
the dark knight for the howevermanyth time

from the moment the body hits the mayor's office window it's incredible, absolutely amazing film
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline robm

• General Member
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday 10 October 2018, 12:21:59 PM »
Is Venom really s***? I was quite looking forward to it. Interesting Marvel character and good actor.

Went with low expectations given the reviews but enjoyed it. The post credit scene for the animated spiderman movie was brilliant.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday 10 October 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
Watched Operation Finale on Netflix, about the capture of Adolf Eichmann. Not an amazing film but a decent effort, Oscar Isaac is really good.

Watched that last night on Netflix also, far too fast paced in terms of scenes and not as in depth about him individually as I thought it would be, some fairly obvious inaccuracies too which p*ss me off when it comes to these things as there is no need.

Watched Detroit the other night on Prime, brilliant if not sickening given it could be set in 2018 not the 60s, or any decade really. Been watching a few things about the civil rights movement in the US and what African Americans went through especially and still do. Shocking really.

Watched LA 1992 on Netflix about Rodney King and the riots recently as well, that was a hard watch.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #303 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 12:13:12 AM »
For @wacko (Avengers cast spoiler):

Spoiler
[close]
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #304 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 08:50:57 AM »
A Star is Born was way too long. Had a hell of a lot going for it but just didn't come together for me completely because of the length and pacing. Also there was a few scenes that descended into farce and took me out of the film.

Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #305 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 09:00:11 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
This isn't a secret. :lol: look at her Instagram

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #306 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 01:12:54 PM »

Spoiler
[close]
This isn't a secret. :lol: look at her Instagram

Who said it’s a secret? I said it’s a spoiler. And the IG post is #’d #tb, so she’s safe. I’m talking about the pap pics from set.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #307 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 01:25:53 PM »
Watched Pride, about the LGBT group supporting the miners' strike. Really good :thup:

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #308 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 02:56:54 PM »
Watched Pride, about the LGBT group supporting the miners' strike. Really good :thup:

Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed it. Stumbled across it and was gripped.
Bearings Straight!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #309 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 04:51:53 PM »
Doctor Strange - Well I thought this was great.  Not sure if I just love the visuals or if it's any good, but I hate Cumberbatch so it had something going for it.

Thor: Ragnarok - Tremendous.  What a surprise too, as the others were s***.  Could watch it again tonight, p*ssed myself at so much of it. 
Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #310 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 05:49:25 PM »
Dr Strange is one of the more interesting Marvel films for sure. Thor is not my thing at all, such crap.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #311 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 05:53:13 PM »
Have you seen the third though? Thought the first 2 were s****. That's why I avoided Ragnarok for so long, but it was a pleasant surprise to say the least.  I recommend.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #312 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 05:53:33 PM »
Taika Waititi is my god.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #313 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 05:54:08 PM »
Yep, I thought the third was almost as bad. Thor’s not meant to be funny in my mind, I’m probably not the target market.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #314 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 06:58:09 PM »
Best fall EVER!

Offline Troll

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #315 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 07:33:46 PM »
Yep, I thought the third was almost as bad. Thor’s not meant to be funny in my mind, I’m probably not the target market.

Maybe not Thor the Norse God isn't meant to be funny, but Thor the Marvel superhero is.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #316 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 07:44:02 PM »

Maybe not Thor the Norse God isn't meant to be funny, but Thor the Marvel superhero is.

And it's not Thor himself that's funny, it's the way he acts 'causing reactions from the surrounding characters that's funny.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #317 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 07:46:45 PM »

And it's not Thor himself that's funny, it's the way he acts 'causing reactions from the surrounding characters that's funny.

Some of his stuff with Banner/Hulk was great. 

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #318 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 07:49:40 PM »
Taika Waititi is my god.
Yasss

Loved Boy (hur hur), only reaso I’m interested in watching Ragnarock at some point.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
« Reply #319 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 08:08:24 PM »

I just remember all the comics I read being a more tortured outcast type character. Admittedly haven’t read it since I was about 8.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #320 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 08:16:10 PM »
Doctor Strange - Well I thought this was great.  Not sure if I just love the visuals or if it's any good, but I hate Cumberbatch so it had something going for it.

Thor: Ragnarok - Tremendous.  What a surprise too, as the others were s***.  Could watch it again tonight, p*ssed myself at so much of it. 

I really like the first Thor, the second is a flaming turd. I wasn't completely sold on 3 till a second rewatch where it clicked and I loved it.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #321 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 08:45:54 PM »

I really like the first Thor, the second is a flaming turd. I wasn't completely sold on 3 till a second rewatch where it clicked and I loved it.

5 stars for that use of Led Zeppelin alone.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #322 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 09:55:44 PM »
Taika Waititi is my god.
He's just an absolute genius, isn't he?
Favourite Taika film then? Probably What We Do in the Shadows for me, but could easily be both Thor and Hunt for the Wilderpeople on another day

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #323 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 09:57:53 PM »
Taika Waititi is my god.
He's just an absolute genius, isn't he?
Favourite Taika film then? Probably What We Do in the Shadows for me, but could easily be both Thor and Hunt for the Wilderpeople on another day

What We Do in the Shadows, easily. Then probably Eagle vs. Shark.

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #324 on: Thursday 11 October 2018, 10:00:00 PM »
Think his next flick might become the new favourite purely based on the insane plot summary:

"Jojo Rabbit is a young boy living during World War II. His only escapism is through his imaginary friend, an ethnically inaccurate version of Adolf Hitler, who pushes the young boy's naive patriotic beliefs."