Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 138716 times)

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #225 on: Monday 1 October 2018, 09:55:24 AM »
The Predator.  Childish nonsense and felt like a cheap comedy for most of the film.  But I actually enjoyed it.  The cast somehow worked and there was a decent amount of action. 

Not really sure where it ranks in the franchise.  Miles behind the first, obviously.  I enjoyed it just as much as the second, but Predators was probably a better movie.  I don't include the AvP films, as they were just horrendous.

I also like the Pacific Rim movies, Waterworld and The Wolfman.  So maybe I just like shitty films that get universally panned  :lol:

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #226 on: Monday 1 October 2018, 01:36:07 PM »
Predators is great like. Very underrated, weird rubbery dog things aside.

www.brianstormers.net podcast network

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #227 on: Monday 1 October 2018, 02:04:55 PM »
The Predator.  Childish nonsense and felt like a cheap comedy for most of the film.  But I actually enjoyed it.  The cast somehow worked and there was a decent amount of action. 

Not really sure where it ranks in the franchise.  Miles behind the first, obviously.  I enjoyed it just as much as the second, but Predators was probably a better movie.  I don't include the AvP films, as they were just horrendous.

I also like the Pacific Rim movies, Waterworld and The Wolfman.  So maybe I just like shitty films that get universally panned  :lol:
I thought the first one wasn't that bad tbh. :lol:

The second one is utterly rancid, mind.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
« Reply #228 on: Monday 1 October 2018, 07:04:22 PM »
Predators is great like. Very underrated, weird rubbery dog things aside.

There are more rubbery dogs in this one :lol:

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
« Reply #229 on: Monday 1 October 2018, 07:08:01 PM »

The first one when one Alien kills 2 Predators pretty quickly when they seemingly have the upper hand. f***ed me off more than it should have :lol:

I remember reading the comics/graphic novel thingys when I was a kid and the Predators f***ed them right over.

I need to reevaluate my life, TBH. Getting annoyed over fictional aliens killing each other and it not being realistic :lol:

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday 2 October 2018, 02:43:41 AM »

The first one when one Alien kills 2 Predators pretty quickly when they seemingly have the upper hand. f***ed me off more than it should have :lol:

I remember reading the comics/graphic novel thingys when I was a kid and the Predators f***ed them right over.

I need to reevaluate my life, TBH. Getting annoyed over fictional aliens killing each other and it not being realistic :lol:

You do but not for those reasons

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 12:31:55 PM »
The Meg - :lol: basically a s*** Jaws, but still better than Deep Blue Sea.  Can't believe Statham has made such a successful career out of such consistent levels of s****. 

Spider-Man - Reboot #23123 - Good, too silly I suppose.  Much better than Black Panther anyway, give me Michael Keaton any day.

Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 05:09:59 PM »
f*** your statham hate bluf, he's a national treasure

mission impossible: supermans mustache - excellent action film still

bleed for this - really good, though obviously a fair amount of historical licence again
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 07:00:14 PM »
:lol:

I actually quite like him, have done since Lock, Stock but he makes total s***.  Right across the board, there's no hidden gems, just all average and s***.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 07:09:03 PM »

I actually quite like him, have done since Lock, Stock but he makes total s***.  Right across the board, there's no hidden gems, just all average and s***.

Oh, you think total s*** is your ally. But you merely adopted total s***; Statham was born in it, moulded by it.

Sleep now in the fire

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 07:11:07 PM »
He's a retired deep sea diver living in Thailand in The Meg, thought that was quite unique. 

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 08:11:14 PM »
He's a retired deep sea diver living in Thailand

*nonce klaxon*

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 08:22:40 PM »
metastatham

Sleep now in the fire

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 08:47:16 PM »

He was actually fairly decent in Spy.
Just realized you aren't Dave, dick. Now I gotta actually do s***.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 09:58:05 PM »
Newest Mission Impossible which was somehow still showing. Bloody brilliant, great cast, incredible direction. So glad I got to see it on the biggish screen.
Bearings Straight!

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 10:17:02 PM »
I remember watching 'The Bank Job' and being surprised that it was a genuine good film.  Not the usual sort of film for Jason Statham.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday 3 October 2018, 10:42:06 PM »
sicario 2 - as a standalone it's basically s**** but if they've intentionally made it as a lead in to a bigger series of stories then it works

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
« Reply #242 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 06:20:50 AM »

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #243 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 05:23:04 PM »

Spitfire. Bloody marvellous. Poignant since the participants have all passed away.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #244 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 09:45:00 PM »
product placement and the wasp - worst MCU film for a very long time

Sleep now in the fire

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #245 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 09:50:30 PM »
Watched Operation Finale on Netflix, about the capture of Adolf Eichmann. Not an amazing film but a decent effort, Oscar Isaac is really good.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #246 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 09:59:57 PM »
Watched Operation Finale on Netflix, about the capture of Adolf Eichmann. Not an amazing film but a decent effort, Oscar Isaac is really good.

Guessing it wasn’t released in theaters over there? As to why it’s already on Netflix.

Meant to see it but already gone from the theaters in my area. Looked good.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #247 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 10:34:39 PM »

Absolutely. The truth serum bit was funny. Maybe it disproportionately stood out in an otherwise poor attempt of humour throughout.

So much of the peril was stupidly unnecessary and avoidable with things like "Wait 20 minutes and we'll sort you after we've sorted her. Ok?". "Ay, fair enough."

Aye, found the odd bit funny but mostly thought it was a little out of sync with sense, even MCU sense.  Hard to believe this is going on on the very same day as the end of the the Infinity War film, which I've not seen yet but now know something's up. :tickedoff:

You did see right to the end?  Wish they wouldn't do that s***.  Missed it until reading reviews. :lol:

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
« Reply #248 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 10:39:28 PM »

Absolutely. The truth serum bit was funny. Maybe it disproportionately stood out in an otherwise poor attempt of humour throughout.

So much of the peril was stupidly unnecessary and avoidable with things like "Wait 20 minutes and we'll sort you after we've sorted her. Ok?". "Ay, fair enough."

Aye, found the odd bit funny but mostly thought it was a little out of sync with sense, even MCU sense.  Hard to believe this is going on on the very same day as the end of the the Infinity War film, which I've not seen yet but now know something's up. :tickedoff:

You did see right to the end?  Wish they wouldn't do that s***.  Missed it until reading reviews. :lol:

Whilst I agree the film wasn't very good, bar the odd joke here and there - it didn't take place at the same day as the end of Infinity War. Only the mid-credits scene took place during that. The film is set before Infinity War otherwise.
But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: Thursday 4 October 2018, 10:51:47 PM »
Ah right, that does make a bit more sense although have read that some fanboys are not content with some of the timeline alignment. :lol: