Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 85915 times)

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #200 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 12:35:22 PM »
Upgrade - half decent. Shoddy acting in parts, but I liked the premise of it, even if it was a bit silly.

Lean on Pete - really good. Lost it’s way about an hour in. But it picked up again. The kid who played the lead role was superb and everyone loves Buscemi (not you Beten).

The Breakfast Club - first time watching it, despite it being referenced in so many things throughout my life. I can’t really put into words why I loved it, as the plot hardly makes it sound exciting. But it just worked IMO.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #201 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 12:37:38 PM »
Breakfast Club is a classic, haven't seen It in  ages but love it.
Bearings Straight!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #202 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 12:51:24 PM »
Paddington - Good kid fun, I suppose.  Have to say if I met a family like The Browns, I'd bury them in their garden. 

Black Panther - Sorry, can someone please explain the hype that was attached to this?  Absolute sentimentalised garbage, dressed up in diversity and little going for it.  Every character is s****.  I'm usually a bit more forgiving of Marvel s***, but this was actually meant to be good. 

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom - A bit like Star Wars for me, this.  I enjoyed it, despite it being too farcical and over the top at points, but liked the 'extinction' scene and general direction it's taken since the reboot.  It's a tired idea but at least they're not bamming about an island any longer. 

Dunkirk - I've watched this twice because I felt like I must be getting it wrong, but it felt a bit flat.  Doesn't help going in with Saving Private Ryan expectations, but it just seemed to miss a beat.  Was much better on second viewing.  Nolan fail though.

Making mistakes is how you learn.
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Online Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #203 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:00:58 PM »
Disagree on Black Panther and Dunkirk. Loved both.

Black Panther had some great characters loved M'baku & Shuri, and the Dora Milaje   and thought Killmonger was a great antagonist.

As to Dunkirk it was epic in the cinema I loved it. At the end I got a bit teary during the scene on the train at the end.
Bearings Straight!

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #204 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:07:33 PM »
BP bored me to death. :lol:
Every generation must fight the same battles again and again and again. There is no final victory, and there is no final defeat, and so a little bit of history may help.
“What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.
That is why no one with power likes democracy and that is why every generation must struggle to win it and keep it – including you and me, here and now.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #205 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:27:05 PM »
:lol: Think the BP hype was the whole hey look they're treating us like people angle. I haven't seen it, mind but the idea that a movie like that could get made without the standard white lead as a surrogate for the intended audience was nice.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #206 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
Agree on Dunkirk. Seemed to focus on tom hardy farting about in plane too much and missing the point a little.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:38:58 PM »
:lol: Think the BP hype was the whole hey look they're treating us like people angle. I haven't seen it, mind but the idea that a movie like that could get made without the standard white lead as a surrogate for the intended audience was nice.

It almost felt a bit Coming To America to me, but without humour obviously. :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:40:51 PM »
Agree on Dunkirk. Seemed to focus on tom hardy farting about in plane too much and missing the point a little.

Thing is, on the second watch I thought it much better, and felt like the atmosphere generated was an apt one but it still didn't feel like a great WW2 movie no matter what perspective I take on the film and its merits. 

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #209 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:44:09 PM »
I somewhat disliked Black Panther for the sheer reason that they were all f***ing c***s. "Oh no, we can't stop the white people taking our brothers into bondage even though we are more advanced than them and could easily stop them if we tried. We'd dominate the world."

Killmonger is the only true hero in Black Panther.
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #210 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 01:58:17 PM »

It almost felt a bit Coming To America to me, but without humour obviously. :lol:

:lol: Coming To America is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Offline Haz

• formerly known as Haswell
  • General Member
« Reply #211 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 02:09:21 PM »
Dunkirk hit the spot for me; had an uncle who was there but the poor sod never made it through the war. It had the best ingredients of a war movie; the quiet interspersed with moments of sheer bloody terror.
Drinking alcohol never solves anything. But neither does drinking milk.

It matters not how strait the gate, How charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
- William Ernest Henley

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #212 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 02:42:36 PM »
I somewhat disliked Black Panther for the sheer reason that they were all f***ing c***s. "Oh no, we can't stop the white people taking our brothers into bondage even though we are more advanced than them and could easily stop them if we tried. We'd dominate the world."

This is it. :thup:

Was yawnariffic. 

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
« Reply #213 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 02:50:40 PM »

:lol: Coming To America is one of the greatest movies ever made.

It's okay, but it's no Black Dynamite.
Just realized you aren't Dave, dick. Now I gotta actually do s***.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #214 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 03:15:21 PM »
Disagree on Black Panther and Dunkirk. Loved both.

Black Panther had some great characters loved M'baku & Shuri, and the Dora Milaje   and thought Killmonger was a great antagonist.

As to Dunkirk it was epic in the cinema I loved it. At the end I got a bit teary during the scene on the train at the end.

:thup:

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #215 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 07:33:48 PM »
Re-watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri the other day. Thought it was even better on second viewing

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #216 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 09:06:22 PM »
In Bruges on Film4 tonight, probably my favourite ever comedy film.

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #217 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 11:34:52 PM »
Areet Token

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #218 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 11:37:17 PM »
:lol: What brought that on.

Online Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #219 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 11:41:26 PM »
In Bruges on Film4 tonight, probably my favourite ever comedy film.

:thup: really good one

Offline Nobody

• General Member
  • That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #220 on: Saturday 29 September 2018, 11:42:24 PM »
:lol: What brought that on.
Newest episode of South Park

Offline Mike

• General Member
« Reply #221 on: Sunday 30 September 2018, 01:47:51 AM »

Offline Kaizero

• General Member
  • Buttguy for prez
« Reply #222 on: Sunday 30 September 2018, 02:12:59 AM »
If you're bored when you're alone, you're in bad company.

Offline wacko

• Ledge!
  • General Member
  • More poubelle
« Reply #223 on: Sunday 30 September 2018, 09:12:31 AM »
Black Dynamite. Again.

"Ssh, momma. You gonna wake up the rest o' the bitches." :lol:
Just realized you aren't Dave, dick. Now I gotta actually do s***.

Offline Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • General Member
« Reply #224 on: Sunday 30 September 2018, 11:48:35 AM »
Jigsaw. Utter s****, as anticipated.