Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 19809 times)

Offline Mike

• General Member
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #25 on: Monday 23 July 2018, 12:15:12 am »
Made it about five minutes into the Kingsman sequel.

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #26 on: Monday 23 July 2018, 12:40:47 am »
Just watching the Oldboy remake. Not sure what the point of it is, but Brolin is entertaining enough.
Copley is bad as a villain. How the f*** is that possible.
Bearings Straight!

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Monday 23 July 2018, 03:36:49 am »
Made it about five minutes into the Kingsman sequel.

Exactly the same :lol:. I started watching it on the flight from London, then Grandpa Simpson'd it and instead chose "This Is The End" (which I, somewhat embarrassingly, really enjoyed).
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Monday 23 July 2018, 06:34:41 am »
Just watching the Oldboy remake. Not sure what the point of it is, but Brolin is entertaining enough.

elizabeth olsens tits iirc
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 July 2018, 07:54:06 am »
The Snowman

From the awful reviews I thought it was going to be s***. It wasn't. It was okay. Standard, average thriller. I've not read the book so maybe it's not a patch on that, hence the bad reviews.
The story didn't make any sense at all

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 July 2018, 07:59:47 am »
The Snowman

From the awful reviews I thought it was going to be s***. It wasn't. It was okay. Standard, average thriller. I've not read the book so maybe it's not a patch on that, hence the bad reviews.
The story didn't make any sense at all

visually it was pish as well for a thriller, i'm sure in someone's mind the snowmen might have looked haunting/eerie/scary or something but it was laughable

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Monday 23 July 2018, 09:52:01 am »

elizabeth olsens tits iirc
Yeah she's unreal.
Bearings Straight!

Offline dtd

• So55
  • General Member
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 26 July 2018, 08:31:30 pm »
Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Fantastic. Best in the series. Wall-to-wall action. Never a dull moment. Rebecca Ferguson as a biker chick.
"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." - Sir Bobby Robson

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Friday 27 July 2018, 12:42:58 am »
Really can't wait to see it.
Bearings Straight!

Online HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #34 on: Friday 27 July 2018, 02:05:50 am »
Sophie's Choice.

That scene, man. Can't imagine how difficult it is for a parent to watch that.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Friday 27 July 2018, 03:57:26 am »
Sophie's Choice.

I think i’ve said this before: that’s one of a handful of movies I will never see again now that I have kids.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Friday 27 July 2018, 09:20:40 am »
Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Fantastic. Best in the series. Wall-to-wall action. Never a dull moment. Rebecca Ferguson as a biker chick.
It's canny. 2.5 hours absolutely flew by. Some of the set piece action stuff was incredible.

What was with Cavills tache I wonder, and yeah Ferguson is outrageous.

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Ginola

• General Member
  • David... Arbeit!
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 12:26:23 pm »
City of God. First time in a while I've watched it, such a good film

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 01:20:21 pm »
Inglorious Basterds - ah man enjoyed it so much. Only second time is seen it. Love how Tarantino just let's a scene run. From the opening scene to the basement bar every scene just has room to breathe. Enjoyed a lot more second time round as well. Forgot SJ does a bit of narration in it too.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 01:44:12 pm »
Annihilation : Loved it but it's rather odd, which made it all the better imo 8/10

Incredibles 2 : Just got in from it, not as good as the first but still a really good laugh, especially Jack-Jack 7/10

Online HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 04:53:37 pm »
Inglorious Basterds - ah man enjoyed it so much. Only second time is seen it. Love how Tarantino just let's a scene run. From the opening scene to the basement bar every scene just has room to breathe. Enjoyed a lot more second time round as well. Forgot SJ does a bit of narration in it too.
Awesome film.

The opening scene, after watching it so many times, made me think that Landa isn't really a fanatic Nazi that you'd expect an SS colonel to be. When he compares the hostile world a Jew lives in during 1941 to one a rat lives in and asks LaPadite if a rat has caused anything to him personally to create such animosity towards him and that small speech made me think that, and that he's just one horrid sadist. Probably read too much into it but I love that film.
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Online chopey

• General Member
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 06:30:29 pm »
Sophie's Choice.

I've only ever seen that scene, what actually happens in the film ?

Offline shakey jake

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 06:59:51 pm »

I love that film I was totally unaware it’s a remake. I imagine the Japanese version will be somewhat more hardcore  :lol:

Offline B-more Mag

• General Member
  • Wash your hands … immediately.
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 07:03:52 pm »

I love that film I was totally unaware it’s a remake. I imagine the Japanese version will be somewhat more hardcore  [emoji38]

You absolutely have to see the original (which is Korean)--it's fantastic. I'll probably see the remake at some point, but I can't see that it would ever compare.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 07:16:47 pm »
Original Oldboy is one of my favourite films ever, hadn't realised the remake was on Netflix so I'll give it a whirl.

Offline Si

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 07:17:05 pm »

I love that film I was totally unaware it’s a remake. I imagine the Japanese version will be somewhat more hardcore  [emoji38]

You absolutely have to see the original (which is Korean)--it's fantastic. I'll probably see the remake at some point, but I can't see that it would ever compare.
It doesn't but it's interesting to watch to compare.
Bearings Straight!

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 07:32:11 pm »
On the subject of The Incredibles, tried showing it to the eldest (5) over the last few days and I realised I'd forgotten how adult the general themes are. Not for young kids at all really, even though I'm sure they'd enjoy the action sequences without understanding why any of it is happening.

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 07:47:14 pm »
On the subject of The Incredibles, tried showing it to the eldest (5) over the last few days and I realised I'd forgotten how adult the general themes are. Not for young kids at all really, even though I'm sure they'd enjoy the action sequences without understanding why any of it is happening.

A fair few of the new animated films are aimed at adults as well as the kids, well a fair chunk of the content in certain films is certainly aimed at just the adults.

Incredibles 2, is much more toward the young uns, even if the overall theme isn't really, you just notice it far less than in the first movie.

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 07:49:55 pm »
It's nowt new like, I've rewatched plenty of kids' films from my youth and realised there was loads of filth that sailed right over my head first time around.

Offline Hanshithispantz

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 29 July 2018, 08:46:55 pm »
Aye, I wasn't watching them but they were on the tele in the background (honest) and the butler (I think) in The Parent Trap slaps about a 12 year old Lindsay Lohans arse :lol:

Danny DeVito's just told Matilda "I'll pound your hide".

EDIT: https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f635d417-1be7-43a0-8c87-3ccf12710e96