Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 50254 times)

Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #1275 on: Thursday 13 June 2019, 10:29:37 pm »
Until you got the the pokemon battles? Like the best thing ever?!
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #1276 on: Friday 14 June 2019, 06:49:57 am »
Until you got the the pokemon battles? Like the best thing ever?!

you might be disappointed in this movie
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline tmonkey

• General Member
« Reply #1277 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 12:41:12 am »
X-Men Dark Phoenix. Mediocre, forgettable, Sophie Turner. 3/10.

Offline Tyne81

• General Member
« Reply #1278 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 10:21:18 am »
Us. Pile of boring tedious w***. Not a patch on Get Out, no suspense whatsoever and just thoroughly by the numbers dull. The dad of the family just p*ssed me off, utter whinging fanny.

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #1279 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 01:10:30 am »
Watched Aladdin with the kids. It was perfectly fine, and Princess Jasmine was fairly amazing, Couldn't get this out of my head though, and apologies to those who don't have a f***ing clue what's going on in this:

Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #1280 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 01:24:44 am »
'Bumblebee'
Easily the best Transformers film by far.

What about the animated 80’s movie?
Minge Tingles

Offline thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • General Member
  • Que será, será
« Reply #1281 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 01:28:51 am »
Watched Aladdin with the kids. It was perfectly fine, and Princess Jasmine was fairly amazing, Couldn't get this out of my head though, and apologies to those who don't have a f***ing clue what's going on in this:

How did I never see this :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #1282 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 01:40:29 am »
:lol: I definitely posted it in the NFL thread. I hope.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

Offline Shak

• General Member
« Reply #1283 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 07:44:34 am »

I know exactly what’s going on in that and would also like an apology for you posting that cringeworthy s**** again.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #1284 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 08:16:40 am »
The Borderlands. 

Low budget British horror film.  I quite liked it.  Some shitty and annoying acting.  But I liked the pacing and the ending was a bit full on. 

Watched Dead Man's Shoes again the other week.  Shane Meadows is a troubled soul :lol:

Offline LoveItIfWeBeatU

• General Member
« Reply #1285 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 09:22:40 am »
'Bumblebee'
Easily the best Transformers film by far.

What about the animated 80’s movie?
I've only watched that once and it was about 6 years ago. I didn't particularly rate it. I may have liked it more if I'd watched it as a kid in the 1980s.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #1286 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 01:36:24 pm »
Ah man it's glorious, the soundtrack alone. Dark as f*** for kids too :lol:
Bearings Straight!

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #1287 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 07:58:01 pm »
Toy Story 4.

Canny, as good as the others, bit samey mind.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #1288 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 08:24:53 pm »
Thought it was a bit messy and rushed in parts.  Too many characters, too much going on with the different story lines.  As if too many people had their say on the screenplay and two films have been smashed together.  And I wasn't a fan of several of the new characters - particularly the comedy duo from the carnival game.  Think they forced the comedy too much with them.  That left the original characters with little to do.  Buzz was massively wasted and the plot device "inner voice" thing was just dumb, lazy and ill fitting.  Not a bad film by any stretch, but nowhere near the level Toy Story 3 achieved.  For me, at least.

I know I'm going to be in a very small minority here.
« Last Edit: Saturday 22 June 2019, 08:36:24 pm by David Edgar »

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #1289 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 08:27:43 pm »
Oh, the animation was stunning.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #1290 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 08:37:58 pm »
Thought it was a bit messy and rushed in parts.  Too many characters, too much going on.  And I wasn't a fan of several of the new characters - particularly the comedy duo from the carnival game.  Think they forced the comedy too much with them.  Not a bad film by any stretch, but nowhere near the level Toy Story 3 achieved.  For me, at least.

I can see that. You hold the others in high regard? Not a TS nut myself but have grown to like the more over the years, so open minded and just out to enjoy it with the bairn. I imagine some will scrutinise it like i would a SW film. I think this is one for me which will also grow the more I watch it.

Offline OpenC

• General Member
  • just cannot be doing with ceaseless misery
« Reply #1291 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 08:46:59 pm »
Been desperately ill this week and been forced into watching some films I haven't seen for years. Ravenous is still brilliant.  The Untouchables made me realise that this is the music I hear in my head every time I think about Mike Ashley

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #1292 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 09:25:04 pm »
Thought it was a bit messy and rushed in parts.  Too many characters, too much going on.  And I wasn't a fan of several of the new characters - particularly the comedy duo from the carnival game.  Think they forced the comedy too much with them.  Not a bad film by any stretch, but nowhere near the level Toy Story 3 achieved.  For me, at least.

I can see that. You hold the others in high regard? Not a TS nut myself but have grown to like the more over the years, so open minded and just out to enjoy it with the bairn. I imagine some will scrutinise it like i would a SW film. I think this is one for me which will also grow the more I watch it.

Yeah, I guess I do.

I do think that the main message of TS 4 - about the old getting out of the way - will really resonate with me for some time.  It does have that going for it.

Offline TK-421

• General Member
  • Not at my Post
« Reply #1293 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 10:31:22 pm »
Went to see Brightburn tonight. Thought it was decent, nice to see a slightly differeng take on the Superman lore/superhero type story. Few decent grisly bits too.
Claim to fame.... Han Solo stole my uniform.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #1294 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 10:59:47 pm »

Yeah, I guess I do.

I do think that the main message of TS 4 - about the old getting out of the way - will really resonate with me for some time.  It does have that going for it.

Only problem I have with that is I’d say Cars 3 delivers that message better. Not as subtle and as emotional, but still better. Anyway, still a good installment if the series and you can’t really criticise too much, not when we’ve seen some horror shows added to franchises recently. You just hold your breath and hope they don’t ruin things these days.

Offline Django

• General Member
« Reply #1295 on: Saturday 22 June 2019, 11:57:11 pm »
Rolling Thunder Revue

Scorsese's semi mythological take on Bob Dylan's vaguely acid test inspired 1975 troubadour tour. Fiction mixed with fact can be a bit wearing but the footage of a white faced Dylan spitting out classics like you've probably never heard them before is worth the entrance fee alone. A must see if you're a Dylan fan obviously, probably skip if not. Lots of Desire in there if you're hip to what I'm sayin' man! Too much Joan Baez though...

Offline Sima

• General Member
« Reply #1296 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 02:01:37 pm »
Toy Story 4.

Canny, as good as the others, bit samey mind.

Just came out of this, fell asleep halfway through.  Money well spent but at least the kid and the missus enjoyed it.

Offline David Edgar

• General Member
« Reply #1297 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 02:55:56 pm »

Yeah, I guess I do.

Only problem I have with that is I’d say Cars 3 delivers that message better. Not as subtle and as emotional, but still better. Anyway, still a good installment if the series and you can’t really criticise too much, not when we’ve seen some horror shows added to franchises recently. You just hold your breath and hope they don’t ruin things these days.

I didn't bother with Cars 3.  Was it Cars 2 that was a total disaster?  I think that's what put me off watching the third one.  Might give 3 a go if it is decent.

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #1298 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 09:46:17 pm »

Yeah, I guess I do.

I didn't bother with Cars 3.  Was it Cars 2 that was a total disaster?  I think that's what put me off watching the third one.  Might give 3 a go if it is decent.

You’re not missing much. If you’ve got kids watch it, if not you’ve got no need. Better than planes.

If you haven’t watched it Coco is one of the best recent releases in the last decade imo.

Edit .l. In its genre. Tbf still holds it own in combined.

Offline sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1299 on: Sunday 23 June 2019, 10:05:13 pm »

Yeah, I guess I do.

That's a healthy message to be planting in young heads.