Author Topic: Sean Longstaff  (Read 80651 times)

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
Re: Sean Longstaff
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 19 July 2018, 10:41:50 AM »
Even if Ashley wasn't a c*** I'd want young players to come through. Despite our failures in the academy there are about 5 or 6 right now I have high hopes for.

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 19 July 2018, 10:49:32 AM »
Even if Ashley wasn't a c*** I'd want young players to come through. Despite our failures in the academy there are about 5 or 6 right now I have high hopes for.

Not quite sure why you would say that - surely everyone wants young players to come through at all times? - but if we are not making first team signings then it's even more helpful if they do come through.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 19 July 2018, 07:01:52 PM »
He'll never be PL standard like. Should make a decent Football League career out of himself though.

:lol: That's the spirit!

:lol: weighed and measured, shame for the lad that no player has ever improved as they get older
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 19 July 2018, 07:13:25 PM »
Theres been literally no investment in the youth academy since Ashley took over, it'd be a minor miracle if any of them turn into PL players  :lol:
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 19 July 2018, 07:17:18 PM »
Money doesn't make players good  :lol:

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 19 July 2018, 08:43:41 PM »
Money doesn't make players good  [emoji38]
Of course it does. Unless I'm being wooshed

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 19 July 2018, 08:46:01 PM »
He'll never be PL standard like. Should make a decent Football League career out of himself though.

Quick judgement. Harsh

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛
« Reply #32 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 11:18:53 AM »
Surprised by how big he is.

Well they don't call him longstaff for nothing

:lol: class
"The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #33 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 06:38:02 PM »
Money doesn't make players good  :lol:

:lol:

Don't know where to start tbh...money lets you bring in better young players for a start. Then better facilities, coaching etc. We just go for local lads no other club decides to take and then let Beardsley et al 'coach' them  :lol:
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #34 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 06:41:15 PM »
Coaches them and then calls them immigrants after
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 06:41:22 PM »
Best tell the likes of city before they invest anymore in the academy.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 08:12:07 PM »
People became good footballers before millions were spent on academies, no? A player's natural talent can't be influenced by money.

Offline nufc4eva

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 08:20:42 PM »
People became good footballers before millions were spent on academies, no? A player's natural talent can't be influenced by money.

But it can be developed and nurtured. We just produce the non-league players of the future in this tin pot club

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #38 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 08:34:27 PM »

So do you think that the reason we've barely created any academy talents recently is because all of the players we've had coming through haven't had natural talent?

Because I'd put a large part of it down to money not being spent properly on facilities and good coaching in the academy and first team

firetotheworks

« Reply #39 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 08:39:00 PM »

firetotheworks

« Reply #40 on: Friday 20 July 2018, 08:42:19 PM »

So do you think that the reason we've barely created any academy talents recently is because all of the players we've had coming through haven't had natural talent?

Because I'd put a large part of it down to money not being spent properly on facilities and good coaching in the academy and first team

and that's before getting onto how the talent that we do have are often more attracted to the likes of 'boro, where the youth development pisses all over ours. Dunno how anyone could say what Liam's said with a straight face tbh. Our lack of backing for local talent is why we ended up having to pay a world record fee for a player that should have been with us from the beginning but might have ended up on the scrap heap if he'd stayed, same with Beardsley and Carrick.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 03:07:15 AM »
Surprised by how big he is.

Well they don't call him longstaff for nothing

:lol: class

He came good in a FM game for me so I dubbed him Sean Big Dick. Still think of him as this...
« Last Edit: Saturday 21 July 2018, 07:20:34 AM by Raconteur »
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline NEEJ

• General Member
« Reply #42 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 03:44:03 AM »
I dont got posts like this. He's young. just scored a goal and made a man of the match performance in his first professional game for us, yet gets written off.
Bang on. Unless Sewelly’s been to plenty reserve matches/Blackpool games where Longstaff played it’s a bit of a sad comment.

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 02:22:29 PM »
I think predicting one of our youth players will make a career for himself in the Football League is a fairly optimistic post to be honest.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Online Greg

« Reply #44 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 02:52:18 PM »
I think predicting one of our youth players will make a career for himself in the Football League is a fairly optimistic post to be honest.

In general terms for the current youth players, yes. In the case of a young player that has already proven himself successful at League 1 level - no.

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #45 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 02:59:39 PM »
If Hayden leaves then this lad has to be part of the squad. He’s more than ready to cover for Diame.
Minge Tingles

Online ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 03:00:49 PM »
If Hayden leaves then this lad has to be part of the squad. He’s more than ready to cover for Diame.

Off the back of one game? I mean he's probably got a good future but that seems pretty crazy
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Online Greg

« Reply #47 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 03:17:46 PM »
It is very crazy. He should be out on loan again.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 03:26:26 PM »

Yep

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 21 July 2018, 03:42:59 PM »

In general terms for the current youth players, yes. In the case of a young player that has already proven himself successful at League 1 level - no.

Maybe.

However, if a player is reaching 21 and has never been involved at any England level I'd be a bit apprehensive about his PL potential.

Obviously there's counter examples and lets hope he's one of them.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.