Author Topic: Sean Longstaff  (Read 87679 times)

Offline Paully

• General Member
Re: Sean Longstaff
« Reply #1650 on: Friday 3 January 2020, 11:36:20 AM »
He looked superb under Rafa - Carrickesque - and has looked lost under this idiot of a manager

He'll go on to become a very good player - not under Bruce

Online xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #1651 on: Friday 3 January 2020, 01:27:03 PM »
Not under Ole either.

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #1652 on: Friday 3 January 2020, 01:29:39 PM »
Having Carrick as coach might be good for him.

Online Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #1653 on: Friday 3 January 2020, 01:31:25 PM »
Not under Ole either.

Maybe not but being at a non-toxic, normal club with ambition will be a massive plus for him at this point in his career.

Imagine being an academy product trying to progress your career at the current NUFC man. Poor lad.

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #1654 on: Friday 3 January 2020, 09:20:34 PM »
Both. I thought the reason why it would be stupid for him to leave for Man U in the summer would be game time and support for a local lad. It’s likely the same support the team lads that booed Perez appear to be starting to whinge about Longstaff, which is weird given his lack of starts under Bruce despite our midfield looking a bit laboured.

From what I’ve seen he’s better than Fred and think he could really improve there with a side capable of passing a ball.

For what it’s worth I’d rather he stayed. I think we’ve got the nucleus of a good team with Dubravka, Lascelles, ASM, both Longstaffs, Almiron but none of the pieces fit with poor ownership, management and a fan base more strange than I can ever remember it. I guess as moronic as it is as a fan I have that tiny hope somewhere it all works out.

Fair enough.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #1655 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 01:07:23 PM »
He looks huge today
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #1656 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
Not sure he deals with pressing very well, looks good when he has time to look up and pick out a pass but think his brother may be better than him in the long run
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #1657 on: Saturday 4 January 2020, 03:10:31 PM »
They are both useless if they remain under Bruce and the goon squad.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Online joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #1658 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 09:17:45 PM »
Been absolute toss all season

Offline Pilko

• General Member
  • Bunsen burner
« Reply #1659 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 09:19:00 PM »
Wonder how long it takes him and Shelvey to do a lap of the pitch during Brucey's running sessions? So so painfully slow.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Offline Tsunami

• General Member
  • Ashley Out
« Reply #1660 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 09:21:15 PM »
Bloody hell, he’s still very raw and he’s suffering from expectations.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #1661 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 10:08:58 PM »
He was shocking again.
?s=21

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #1662 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 10:33:47 PM »
I love him and really want him to turn out to be a fantastic player for us but he was awful yet again today, he lost his confidence and that's really not good when your playing in such a crucial position.

Offline CFlan

• General Member
  • f*** Steve Mills.
« Reply #1663 on: Tuesday 21 January 2020, 10:37:15 PM »
Do we have to play both brothers at the same time? He was free to do his thing with Hayden alongside him doing the leg work. Don’t think that the 2 of them together have the game iq to be effective yet.