Author Topic: Salomón Rondón  (Read 154589 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: Salomón Rondón
« Reply #2125 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 03:45:06 PM »
Hes one of the first on the teamsheet for me now has turned into an integral part of the squad.

I agree, but he is our only striker.

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #2126 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 03:53:03 PM »
I honestly think this years achievement is far more impressive than last year considering we've only had Rondon as the only striker who can find the net.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #2127 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 06:01:00 PM »
I honestly think this years achievement is far more impressive than last year considering we've only had Rondon as the only striker who can find the net.

We didn't have any striker who could find the net last year.

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #2128 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 06:13:32 PM »
Yeah wtf last year it was just joselu
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Colo's Short and Curlies

• AKA SP60sH
  • General Member
« Reply #2129 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 10:22:34 PM »
Hes one of the first on the teamsheet for me now has turned into an integral part of the squad. If he doesn't stay it will cost us 20m plus to replace him

It's going to cost us the best part of £20m to keep him - although I'd argue that getting someone better (and there is no guarantee that a 'better' player works out as well) is nearer £30m
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #2130 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 10:39:08 PM »
We need to bring in Rondon for whatever player + cash sum is necessary and then spend the next few years finding the perfect, younger replacement for him if we're going to play this system. He's simply perfect for it and the combination of his work rate and application with his ability in front of goal will not be easy to replace.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #2131 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 01:54:46 AM »
I'm clinging to the hope that Ashley will take the "hit" on signing a player without resale value if a) WBA stay down and are desperate; b) WBA are happy to sign Gayle on a permanent swap (or even another year-loan) and c) Rondon's demands are reasonable and; d) interest is limited to ourselves.

All those ducks line up, and he's a certainty to sign :thup:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #2132 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:05:17 AM »
I'm clinging to the hope that Ashley will take the "hit" on signing a player without resale value if a) WBA stay down and are desperate; b) WBA are happy to sign Gayle on a permanent swap (or even another year-loan) and c) Rondon's demands are reasonable and; d) interest is limited to ourselves.

Really can’t see that being the case.  I think the ambitious clubs in the league like Everton and Wolves will be very interested in him, and possibly 1 or 2 of the top 6 clubs might see him as an effective, reasonably-priced back up striker.
« Last Edit: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:21:40 AM by Away Day Gadgie »
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #2133 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:08:54 AM »
Surely mike Ashley willing to take the hit is a)?

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #2134 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:34:30 AM »

Really can’t see that being the case.  I think the ambitious clubs in the league like Everton and Wolves will be very interested in him, and possibly 1 or 2 of the top 6 clubs might see him as an effective, reasonably-priced back up striker.
Wolves will be getting Jimenez permanently you’d think
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #2135 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:37:39 AM »

You’d think so, unless a bigger club goes for him i suppose.
"I will tell you this once, if you ever tell me to f*** off again, I will crack your skull.”
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #2136 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 08:58:08 AM »

Paying out his £34m buy out clause supposedly

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #2137 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 09:10:03 AM »

If WBA doesn't go up Ashley will try to re-negotiate the price and the deal will fall through.
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2138 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 09:19:56 AM »
I think the opposite. We’d just see him come here, Gayle go to WBA in a similar way to Townsend and Gayle swapping clubs. I know there’s no clause for Rondon but could still see it.
?s=21

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #2139 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 09:40:57 AM »

I know he has much more to his game than goals but was interested to see that Jimenez's goalscoring record in Europe was quite poor before this season. 1 in 21 at Atletico and 18 in 80 at Benfica
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #2140 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 09:48:39 AM »

I know he has much more to his game than goals but was interested to see that Jimenez's goalscoring record in Europe was quite poor before this season. 1 in 21 at Atletico and 18 in 80 at Benfica
Actually he was almost always a sub at both so fair enough

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #2141 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 10:23:56 AM »
It’s still really surprising how good he’s been i think.  He’s one of those that could turn to absolute s*** next season. 
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Online triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #2142 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 10:30:46 AM »
It’s still really surprising how good he’s been i think.  He’s one of those that could turn to absolute s*** next season.
Aye, his goal return has been great especially because Wolves don't get that many players forward

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #2143 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 11:14:42 AM »
even if the likes of everton came in for him - surely he would prefer to stay here - chances are they'd offer him twice the wage we would though.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Away Day Gadgie

• General Member
« Reply #2144 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 01:36:35 PM »
even if the likes of everton came in for him - surely he would prefer to stay here - chances are they'd offer him twice the wage we would though.

They’d also offer him a longer contract than we would aswell.  It would be a no-brainer for him tbh.
 - Duncan Ferguson, 1999.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2145 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 02:58:57 PM »
I guess people forget that 1.5 years ago, Chelsea were trying to sign Rondon and then ended up with Giroud in the Jan 2018 Window. Rondon with the proper setup around him is so damn good.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #2146 on: Tuesday 12 March 2019, 04:30:29 PM »
I guess people forget that 1.5 years ago, Chelsea were trying to sign Rondon and then ended up with Giroud in the Jan 2018 Window. Rondon with the proper setup around him is so damn good.

Better Call Sal

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #2147 on: Wednesday 13 March 2019, 01:38:24 PM »
Chelsea tried to sign every f***ing tall striker going that window man.

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #2148 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 03:51:34 PM »
Some bloke

Offline Hughesy

• General Member
« Reply #2149 on: Saturday 16 March 2019, 03:55:11 PM »
Until the West Ham game, I didn't know he could take free kicks.  Stupidly just assumed he wouldn't have the technical skill... feel a bit stupid now.