Author Topic: Salomón Rondón  (Read 154630 times)

Offline Bimpy474

• General Member
Re: Salomón Rondón
« Reply #2100 on: Saturday 9 March 2019, 10:02:32 PM »
Utterly love this player, proper centre forward.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2101 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:07:58 AM »
The link up play for the Rondon goal was unreal.
?s=21

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #2102 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:15:41 AM »
Will be criminal if this guy isn't part of our squad next season
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline Odear

• Photoshop Pro
  • General Member
  • Resident Sociopath
« Reply #2103 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:08:06 AM »
He’s easily got two years at this level of game left in him. 100% worth signing for someone between 16-20 million.

He won’t get loads of goals but you can tell the opposition are constantly worried about him.

Compare that to the docile Joselu and you can easily see how we fail to pick up points when the big man doesn’t play.
Minge Tingles

Online Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #2104 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:09:56 AM »
He's going to be the difference between potential relegation and a mid-table finish. Surely someone can explain to Ashley the value he adds is more than the aversion to "old" players?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2105 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:42:38 AM »
His technique on his goal is staggeringly brilliant
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Sean

• General Member
« Reply #2106 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 01:45:30 AM »
His technique on his goal is staggeringly brilliant

Yep, and yet it's what you'd expect from him, always seems to manage to hit it hard and low and generally on target.
“I think when we score it will be from a penalty or a set play or maybe a shot from the edge of the area or a ricochet. Hopefully.” Alan Pardew, August 2014

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #2107 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 02:29:20 AM »
He's going to be the difference between potential relegation and a mid-table finish. Surely someone can explain to Ashley the value he adds is more than the aversion to "old" players?

‘Slimani makes a contribution in 2-3 games to help a few wins and secure safety and now Rondon keeps us up. I can loan another big striker in his late 20s and pay nowt again this summer’.
?s=21

Offline CPL

• General Member
« Reply #2108 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 06:07:26 AM »
Said earlier this season he's an inferior version of Drogba, hes perfect for our system, loved the way he knows when he has time to bring the ball down and just plays it casually back to a player and then jogs back to position.

Offline sh74

• General Member
« Reply #2109 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 08:03:05 AM »
How were Everton getting away with climbing over his back every time a high ball came towards him?

Offline bowlingcrofty

• General Member
  • "Croft - steaming in once more"
« Reply #2110 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 08:14:17 AM »
Absolutely pivotal we sign this lad properly in the summer. Think it rests on WBA coming up. If they’re a PL side we’ll be priced out of it.
The View from the ShiteSeats: http://www.shiteseats.co.uk
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/shiteseats
Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shiteseats

It's where we were when we were s***...

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #2111 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 09:29:39 AM »
That first goal yesterday was one of the best I've ever seen.
Absolutely must keep him.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #2112 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 09:31:36 AM »
It was a good goal because he used his weaker foot to score it. The build up and pass from Perez was amazing.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #2113 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 09:38:00 AM »
Great finish, top technique.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #2114 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 09:38:38 AM »
I think he could play well in the Premier League for another 3 or 4 years and we could still get our money back for him if we sold him to a Chinese club.

Offline George Bailey

• General Member
« Reply #2115 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:11:33 PM »
Lad has proven himself and is far, far better than i ever gave him credit for.
Was not convinced on him at all when we got him, absolutely wrong on that one.

Has the ability and technique in this system and under this manager to be a great signing.
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #2116 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:13:06 PM »
Has to be our first signing of the summer.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Nattfare

• General Member
« Reply #2117 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
How many times weren't the Everton defenders allowed to just barge into his back and climb over his head yesterday without it being a foul?

So important to how the team plays and has a really good understanding with Perez.

Offline samptime29

• General Member
« Reply #2118 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 03:34:48 PM »
We do need to sign him. Definitely looks like he can go for a few years. Works so hard for the team and scores a few. Been an important loan for us. Seems a sound guy too.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2119 on: Sunday 10 March 2019, 06:50:20 PM »
The strike is even better every time I see it. Running to his left and hits it out of the air on the volley while he’s diving on his weaker foot. Stunning goal.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #2120 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 12:16:56 AM »
Hes one of the first on the teamsheet for me now has turned into an integral part of the squad. If he doesn't stay it will cost us 20m plus to replace him
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline jackyboy

• General Member
« Reply #2121 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 08:31:03 AM »
What I love about this guy is that nearly all of his efforts are on target.
I went out with a girl once and she asked me to kiss her where it was wet and smelly...........So I took her to Middlesbrough

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #2122 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 11:38:16 AM »
The strike is even better every time I see it. Running to his left and hits it out of the air on the volley while he’s diving on his weaker foot. Stunning goal.

It should have been saved but you can't argue it was a quality strike which required a lot of technique.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2123 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 11:41:10 AM »
I think the strike was going further away from Pickford and took a slight deflection and knuckles low quickly and under Pickford. I don’t think he saves that in any way.

Offline godzilla

• General Member
« Reply #2124 on: Monday 11 March 2019, 11:53:45 AM »
I think the strike was going further away from Pickford and took a slight deflection and knuckles low quickly and under Pickford. I don’t think he saves that in any way.

I think the deflection is the only reason he didn't save it and even then he should still have.