Author Topic: Salomón Rondón  (Read 91983 times)

jizz and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • Rondon ... the Gladiator
Re: Salomón Rondón
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:42:47 pm »
Rondon really is a tremendous physical presence, while still being mobile and pretty athletic. I really like his potential to really help Ayoze be an even better player. His physicality and hold up play will benefit Perez so much.

This will prove to be a really great move if it goes through.

Offline Altamullan

• General Member
  • 1969-71, 1978, 1995, 1997-2000, 2003-05. 2019?
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:43:29 pm »
 :lol: yep. Either of the Bryans or Bobby, in their pomp, would do nicely!
No se ganó Zamora en una hora y lo barato sale caro

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:45:24 pm »
He's a bag of w***.

But... he's not though.

He is though. Zenit had no trouble replacing him with Russian League forwards and he's been nothing but average for West Brom. One of the main reasons they finished bottom of the league last season was his lack of goals.

He's not really developed as a player technically since he came through, a blunt instrument with limited ability. He's more mobile than Mitrovic, but other than that he'd barely an upgrade.

I disagree. That's like saying Mitrovic was one of the main reasons we went down a few seasons ago. It was clearly the management, s**** defending and lack of creativity over Mitrovic's goalscoring.

Think Rondon has shown he's a more than useful player and I'd back Rafa to get him firing into double figures. Wasn't far off last season under awful management in a terrible team.
The fear of finding oneself alone - that is what they suffer from - and so they don't find themselves at all. - André Gide

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:45:36 pm »
28 and dogshit. Ffs.

Online Varadi

• General Member
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:45:42 pm »
Think he's OK, but given what Rafa did with Diame he could be like a combination of Lukaku and Ronaldo this time next year  :)

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:48:09 pm »
He’s ok and that’s it but was hoping we would sign a striker we could be excited about, silly me

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #56 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:49:53 pm »
The reason WBA went down is because of Pardew!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #57 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:52:04 pm »
Hear this so many times at the bottom with strikers that if you put them in a better team then they'll score more goal, doesn't really work out like that.  Rondon would barely improve us imo, we need someone who can score goals as we showed we can create them in the 2nd half of last season.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #58 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:54:33 pm »
Hear this so many times at the bottom with strikers that if you put them in a better team then they'll score more goal, doesn't really work out like that.  Rondon would barely improve us imo, we need someone who can score goals as we showed we can create them in the 2nd half of last season.

We won’t pay the going the rate for one though so we have to kind of compromise and look at players who could improve how we play and hope others get enough goals to compensate for lack of a goal scorer.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛
« Reply #59 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:02:34 pm »
This is a wind up, right?

Are they teasing us each season, Joselu was a punishment, and now we are having the p*ss took out of us again with this?

Has to be a wind up.

One way not to get season tickets renewed. So underwhelming.

Offline Kimbo

• General Member
« Reply #60 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:08:59 pm »
Selling Mitrovic and signing Rondon with the money seems like a waste of time to me. I would be disappointed.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:09:14 pm »
I hope he does sign now tbh, he's been way underrated in here it seems. I watched him a fair bit over the last season and he was consistently West Brom's best player. Ended the season with something like 10 goals and 4 assists in a team which rarely won matches. Yes he's not exactly clinical, but £16m is a great fee for him. The whole transfer record thing is purely academic.
The fear of finding oneself alone - that is what they suffer from - and so they don't find themselves at all. - André Gide

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:18:45 pm »
I'm shocked by this as well :lol:

Rondon is an absolute terror. Such a fantastic presence up front. Genuinely think that he would make us a much better team.

I could see him getting at least 15 goals, and his general play allowing those around him to get more goals too.

He'd suit us perfectly. He'd make us so much more intimidating higher up the pitch. Shocked anyone would compare him to Joselu. That is just crazy. That guy is so mild.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
  • C'mTA
« Reply #63 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:21:33 pm »
The comparisons to Mitrovic are understandable but from what I've seen, Rondon knows how to use his strength a lot better. He's also more mobile.

I think he's alright and would be a decent enough signing. Would be great if he was one of two striking imports.

Offline mighty__mag

• General Member
  • ⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛⬜⬛
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:23:16 pm »
You would have to be off your tits thinking he will get 15 playing for us.

Comical.

Offline George Bailey

• General Member
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:24:36 pm »
I'm shocked by this as well :lol:

Rondon is an absolute terror. Such a fantastic presence up front. Genuinely think that he would make us a much better team.

I could see him getting at least 15 goals, and his general play allowing those around him to get more goals too.

He'd suit us perfectly. He'd make us so much more intimidating higher up the pitch. Shocked anyone would compare him to Joselu. That is just crazy. That guy is so mild.

Why?? He has never once managed it in all his years playing anywhere??
At best he can certainly be described as a hard working player, well woop dee f***ing doo.
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #66 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:33:18 pm »
Mitrovic really is a tremendous physical presence, while still being mobile and pretty athletic. I really like his potential to really help Ayoze be an even better player. His physicality and hold up play will benefit Perez so much.

Fyp

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #67 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:33:31 pm »
If he could score 10 for that West Brom team, he will score 15 for us easily.

The number of chances we threw away last season man. You must be joking!

Check his record for Zenit, when he was actually on a team with talent around him.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:34:32 pm »
Mitrovic really is a tremendous physical presence, while still being mobile and pretty athletic. I really like his potential to really help Ayoze be an even better player. His physicality and hold up play will benefit Perez so much.

Fyp

Mitro has good presence too, but nothing like Rondon's IMO.

Rondon also runs the channels and can run with the ball at his feet to far better effect. He is a mobile striker.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:35:00 pm »
I’m old enough to remember when we had two legitimate goal-scoring strikers in Ba and Cisse.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
  • Prontonise
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:36:04 pm »

It never works out like that.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #71 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:36:22 pm »

The number of chances we threw away last season man. You must be joking!

Check his record for Zenit, when he was actually on a team with talent around him.

Bro, the Russian league is complete ass
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Online Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #72 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:38:20 pm »
I’m old enough to remember when we had two legitimate goal-scoring strikers in Ba and Cisse.
So's my 8 year old cousin.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:40:51 pm »
Really like him everytime I see him play. Guy is great in the air, has a powerful shot on him, and puts himself about. His hold up play is top notch too.

Better team and direction and he will get goals and help the team score more too I believe.

Guess we will see. No point arguing over this. Time will tell.

Offline HawK

• General Member
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 04:41:40 pm »
Kaka you've got more belief in this guy than his agent does.