Author Topic: Salomón Rondón  (Read 91948 times)

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 01:58:02 pm »
I've always liked him since he reacted in such a sincere, regretful way to accidentally breaking James McCarthy's leg a few years ago. Sure he was brought to tears on the pitch having realised what happened. Clearly a sound bloke, would work well under the guidance of Rafa.
The fear of finding oneself alone - that is what they suffer from - and so they don't find themselves at all. - André Gide

Offline Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
  • General Member
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:01:45 pm »
Spend an extra £10m and get someone good pls.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:08:50 pm »
I could live with Regards Rondon if they do upgrade our wide attacking options as has been mooted. Kenedy and Townsend behind him would be decent. Would still prefer to see another though.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:08:52 pm »
Spend an extra £10m and get someone good pls.

Online McCormick

• General Member
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:22:14 pm »
Rondon seems to be really underrated on here. The guy is an absolute beast and well worth 18 million in this market.
Please, don't hurt me.....ok, yeah, let's wrestle naked on the floor....what do you mean I'm not a man? I f***ing 18 years old......let's get our cocks out........f***ing right on....i've got a hair on my cock area. Where's your's you f***er?  I'm gonna f***ing split your f***ing skinny butt in two boy.  Ok chap, lets do some man-on-man....cum in me gob.....f***ing come on.......f***ing another deranged sunday jack daniels fuelled night.......yeah....started so well......did it? No............you deranged f***ing idiot JJ.......WHERE'S YA LASS jj? Under the floor boards chap.....get tHE coppaz.  He's been on a killin spree. No I've not.....hope the pigs are tapping into this site......i ate her.....proper cut her up......so if I were your woman and you were my man I'd never stop loving you.......

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:28:24 pm »
24 goals in 108 league appearances at The Hawthorns.

Prolific!

Not really his fault he's played for Pardew, Pulis etc etc tbf.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:30:09 pm »
Rondon seems to be really underrated on here. The guy is an absolute beast and well worth 18 million in this market.

based on what?
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:34:55 pm »
He's a better bet than Jorgensen and probably Slimani too.

Rafa will make Rondon a key player. His off the ball running and hold up play will make him vital to us.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline LRD

• General Member
  • Wor Rafa
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:38:54 pm »
We still need a striker who can score goals. Ayoze was our highest scorer at 8 goals and unless Rondon can bring out any goal-scoring miracle in those behind him, we will need better.
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Offline Greg

« Reply #34 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 02:49:47 pm »
Good fit for Rafa and better than what we've got.

Offline ElDiablo

• General Member
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:09:32 pm »
That's the going rate for players of his ability. Replacement for Mitro - fine with that. I just hope we go after another striker, but I've got a feeling this will be it.

Online McCormick

• General Member
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:13:39 pm »

based on what?

Based on his physicality? Very strong, reasonably fast and dominant in the air. I mean yeah, his goal tally is less than impressive sure, but the service he's been receiving has been dire. The guy never stops too, and reading West Brom fans' opinions on him seem to confirim that he's got a great attitude; they love him.

Like I said, for 18 odd million or whatever he's decent value even at 28. Lesser players will go for more this summer.
Please, don't hurt me.....ok, yeah, let's wrestle naked on the floor....what do you mean I'm not a man? I f***ing 18 years old......let's get our cocks out........f***ing right on....i've got a hair on my cock area. Where's your's you f***er?  I'm gonna f***ing split your f***ing skinny butt in two boy.  Ok chap, lets do some man-on-man....cum in me gob.....f***ing come on.......f***ing another deranged sunday jack daniels fuelled night.......yeah....started so well......did it? No............you deranged f***ing idiot JJ.......WHERE'S YA LASS jj? Under the floor boards chap.....get tHE coppaz.  He's been on a killin spree. No I've not.....hope the pigs are tapping into this site......i ate her.....proper cut her up......so if I were your woman and you were my man I'd never stop loving you.......

Online Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #37 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:14:39 pm »
No chance we are breaking our transfer record on Rondon, then going after another striker to play ahead of him. This will be it sadly.

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #38 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:15:55 pm »
I like him, obviously I’d rather have someone more expensive and more exciting but this is Newcastle under Mike Ashley.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:16:30 pm »
When will people realise that it’s not so much about how prolific a striker is, but what he brings to the team in terms of his game and Robson would seem to be a good fit.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline gdm

• General Member
Re: Salomón Rondón
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:22:39 pm »
When will people realise that it’s not so much about how prolific a striker is, but what he brings to the team in terms of his game and Robson would seem to be a good fit.

Who is Robson?

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:24:34 pm »
It's more tickling our transfer record than breaking it [emoji38]
Bearings Straight!

Offline Si

• General Member
  • I dont handle change well.
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:25:28 pm »
Good fit for Rafa and better than what we've got.
Absolutely
Bearings Straight!

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:28:58 pm »
He's a bag of w***.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:29:25 pm »
Really don't see the point of replacing a player like Mitro for a player like Mitro albeit more mobile
Haven't seen too much of Rondon tbh but looks an upgrade on what we've got. Likely not the 20+ goal scorer we have sorely been missing for years though which is the difference between lower half scrapping to upper safety every year. As mention this is the grim reality of our club under Ashley. Benitez has and a lost of players that would excite the s*** out of us and him and are willing to come to the club. The club is only willing to fund the c list.

Regarding Mitro it wasn't his style of play that stopped him getting picked here. If we get a more teachable and compliant version of Mitro with extra pace I would be happy.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Online McCormick

• General Member
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:38:53 pm »
He's a bag of w***.

But... he's not though.

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:39:19 pm »
The problem is, the second you start spending 25m on a striker they expect to get 90/100k a week and we simply aren't paying that.

Rondon might get 80k and that's our ceiling, I reckon.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Online George Bailey

• General Member
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:39:33 pm »
He's a bag of w***.
O0

Not good enough to be our main striker or main asset purchase. We need a 15+ goals a season striker  and he falls way short of that ability imo.
May be a good worker but we surely must be able to find better value somewhere.
'Us' = Stenhousemuir for the forseeable.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:40:25 pm »

Who is Robson?

Typo striker we could benefit from!
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Offline ponsaelius

• General Member
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 8 July 2018, 03:41:58 pm »
He's a bag of w***.

But... he's not though.

He is though. Zenit had no trouble replacing him with Russian League forwards and he's been nothing but average for West Brom. One of the main reasons they finished bottom of the league last season was his lack of goals.

He's not really developed as a player technically since he came through, a blunt instrument with limited ability. He's more mobile than Mitrovic, but other than that he'd barely be an upgrade.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.