Author Topic: THE NBA FINALS - Congrats DJ, Bonk, Hoser and Pip  (Read 47471 times)

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
Re: THE NBA FINALS - Congrats DJ, Bonk, Hoser and Pip
« Reply #2900 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 06:56:10 PM »
I love Drake tbh, loved him before I became a Raptors fan too.

Uncle Dennis joining in with 5 more years chants for Kawhi...

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #2901 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 07:13:01 PM »
I love Drake tbh, loved him before I became a Raptors fan too.

Uncle Dennis joining in with 5 more years chants for Kawhi...

I can't see how Kawhi could possibly want to leave this situation. He's a complete weirdo So I guess you never know, but you can't just walk away from a championship team like that.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #2902 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 08:04:58 PM »
Even if he leaves, we have our recruitment video for the future now.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #2903 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 08:12:23 PM »
I think he will always consider leaving because he also knows that he's got to deal with an AD + Lebron LA Lakers, who will challege him. Does he beat a fully healthy GSW in the NBA Finals (does anybody?). If it's possible what if he joins LA with AD + Lebron? That's his surest bet in all honesty.

I love Kawhi though, machine, locked-in, monotone MF. Much prefer talent to be spread out, but we know how the NBA is these days.

TRC and any other Raptor fan here, didn't say this yet but congrats. I can't even believe Orlando beat ya'll 1x in the playoffs and nearly took game 3 when it was in Orlando. Makes 0 sense with how good ya'll were.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #2904 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 08:16:59 PM »
I think he will always consider leaving because he also knows that he's got to deal with an AD + Lebron LA Lakers, who will challege him. Does he beat a fully healthy GSW in the NBA Finals (does anybody?). If it's possible what if he joins LA with AD + Lebron? That's his surest bet in all honesty.

I love Kawhi though, machine, locked-in, monotone MF. Much prefer talent to be spread out, but we know how the NBA is these days.

TRC and any other Raptor fan here, didn't say this yet but congrats. I can't even believe Orlando beat ya'll 1x in the playoffs and nearly took game 3 when it was in Orlando. Makes 0 sense with how good ya'll were.

Cheers fella!

I'm not sure how good AD + Lebron really is, still got a tonne of holes in that roster like no guards what so ever and I'm not sure Lebron can play championship level defense anymore.
« Last Edit: Monday 17 June 2019, 08:35:24 PM by TRC »

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #2905 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 08:36:04 PM »
I well f***ed up that edit.

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #2906 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 09:55:02 PM »
I'm normally of the "get the stars and the rest will come" school of thought, but if LAL got Kawhi they'd literally have nothing but the big 3, Kuzma, Isaac Bonga, Mo Wagner, and only minimums and exceptions to fill out the rest of the roster. They'd make this year's Golden State look like the deepest team ever.

I don't know if that's a smart plan, especially given Lebron's age and Kawhi/AD's injury history.

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #2907 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
Some great moments at the parade today, hope anyone from here who went stayed safe. 2 people shot, 2 arrested.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #2908 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 10:04:53 PM »
A few things.

A fully healthy Golden State won't exist next season, KD has ruptured his achilles he won't play next year regardless whether he will resign with Golden State or not and Klay torn his ACL so he'll miss like 6 months.

Lakers can't afford Kawhi without him taking like 10m paycut, so that's not happening. They need to fill out the roster with actual NBA players with what they have left (which is around 23m) and Lakers front office has given absolutely nobody the confidence to believe they can do this properly.

I get there's a lot of hype around the idea of AD/Lebron but if they don't build the rest of the roster properly i don't see them winning it, as of now there's still quite a lot of teams i believe in more than them.

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #2909 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 10:32:52 PM »
A few things.

A fully healthy Golden State won't exist next season, KD has ruptured his achilles he won't play next year regardless whether he will resign with Golden State or not and Klay torn his ACL so he'll miss like 6 months.

Lakers can't afford Kawhi without him taking like 10m paycut, so that's not happening. They need to fill out the roster with actual NBA players with what they have left (which is around 23m) and Lakers front office has given absolutely nobody the confidence to believe they can do this properly.

I get there's a lot of hype around the idea of AD/Lebron but if they don't build the rest of the roster properly i don't see them winning it, as of now there's still quite a lot of teams i believe in more than them.

Yeah, I have no confidence that the worst or 2nd worst front office in the league is going to be able to build an entire functioning roster around AD and Lebron in a single offseason

The can actually get to the full max in cap space with some timing shenanigans, but it doesn't seem like New Orleans has agreed to this, and they have no incentive to do so. It's not like the Lakers have anything left to give them.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #2910 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 10:38:26 PM »
Yeah there's no reason for us to agree to it, firstly we get less than the maximum amount of cap space available to us and obviously if we actually keep the pick we probably will want that pick to play in summer league.

There's absolutely zero incentive for us to agree to it, but it's another example of Lakers front office ineptitude as they should have known this way ahead of time.

Offline oldtype

• Trailer Wanker
  • General Member
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #2911 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 10:48:43 PM »
Yeah there's no reason for us to agree to it, firstly we get less than the maximum amount of cap space available to us and obviously if we actually keep the pick we probably will want that pick to play in summer league.

There's absolutely zero incentive for us to agree to it, but it's another example of Lakers front office ineptitude as they should have known this way ahead of time.

I mean, they're giving you all of their draft picks forever. You would think they'd have been able to get at least this as a gentleman's agreement

But apparently... Nope.

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #2912 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 10:49:56 PM »
:lol: Yep. I have this feeling that they didn't know about how it works. :lol:

I wouldn't usually say that but you can never be sure.

Offline Pandamninator

• General Member
« Reply #2913 on: Monday 17 June 2019, 11:44:26 PM »
As much as it sucks to see the calibar of Durant and Klay missing most or all of a season, is anyone else excited to see Steph go full Rambo on the league by himself?

I wanna see tossing up Houston Rockets volumes of 3's single handily
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

Offline Toon Hoser

• General Member
« Reply #2914 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 02:33:06 AM »
Parade was wild.  Downtown a complete madhouse.  Took 5 hours 20 minutes for the buses to travel 4 kilometres.   :lol:

Offline TRC

• WASRKOOK
  • General Member
« Reply #2915 on: Tuesday 18 June 2019, 02:45:20 AM »
Parade was wild.  Downtown a complete madhouse.  Took 5 hours 20 minutes for the buses to travel 4 kilometres.   :lol:

Some really great moments with Gasol necking a bottle of wine, Serge with his cigars, Van Vleets speech and the Kawhi laugh.

What a team.