Author Topic: 2018/19 Fixtures - Spurs (H) First Game - Full Fixtures in OP  (Read 2395 times)

Offline 1964

• General Member
  • It's all about the tone
Re: 2018/19 Fixtures - Spurs (H) First Game - Full Fixtures in OP
« Reply #75 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:44:33 am »
Depending on how deep England go you’ve got to think Spurs might be without Kane and Alli.  The likes of Dier, Eriksen and Dembele could be affected too.

Why did you make that sound sexual  :lol: :lol: :lol: isn't the usual parlance 'how far they will go'

Prefer your version  :lol: :lol:

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #76 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:45:38 am »
I don’t think spells of games really matter to us that much, easy or hard. Rafa seems to be able to target and take points from specific games and heads never go down. Not too concerned with having a hard start, we have much more pressing problems.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #77 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 01:04:17 pm »
Not bad, always best to play some of the top teams as early as possible before their momentum kicks in and the league takes shape.

Offline plenum

• General Member
  • Cloud 9
« Reply #78 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 01:08:02 pm »
Perhaps it don't count for much but I think we played well against Spurs at wembley. Trying to be positive here like, and could beat them this "close" to last meeting.(?)
When we get to Europe, this is wot we sing.........

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #79 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 01:09:14 pm »
Kane will be knackered from his World Cup final hattrick anyway.

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
« Reply #80 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 02:20:41 pm »
That's an awful fixture list, Rafa hasn't won either of the first two games of the season in his previous two seasons with us. We've got to play better than last year's first game against Spuds, that one was really depressing because Spuds weren't that great on the day and had Shelvey not been sent off we could have picked up something from it. But we were a little too respectful of them on the day I think. Cardiff away, next up is the game you really don't want either, newly promoted side first home game, sounds a little too similar to Huddersfield away 2nd game of last season. Then of course it just keeps on coming, Arsenal and Chelsea will both be out for revenge on us, we never get anything from Man City. Then a trip to Manure , another least favourite destination on game day 8. We could very well be bottom early on. Honestly this rigged fixture list compilation that the PL does is wrong and should be looked at.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #81 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 02:22:29 pm »
Probably gonna be down low after the first few weeks with the media speculation about Rafa walking after yet another transfer window shambles being in overdrive.

Mint.

One of the reasons I thought the Chelsea game was so important even though it wasn't really...you get the "Newcastle in turmoil after no wins in 10" if we hadn't.
Mums are the creatures that hold the world together and if it wasn't for your mum then you probably wouldn't have even ever been born.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #82 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 02:54:08 pm »
Looking forward to those glasses been posted in his top pocket.

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #83 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:39:36 pm »
Pointless even looking at fixture lists until the TV companies have finished f***ing about with them.

Offline louistoon

• General Member
« Reply #84 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 10:32:36 pm »
much rather have a really difficult start of the season than a really easy one. First few games are always a lottery, if you do what Palace did last season it can f*** your entire year up. Plus rafa's teams always get better through the season and its a world cup year so a lot of the top 6's players will probably be returning pretty knackered.

Offline Crumpy Gunt

• General Member
  • www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #85 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 10:34:36 pm »
Bottom after first 6. Hope I'm wrong mind.

Offline Altamullan

• General Member
  • 1969-71, 1978, 1995, 1997-2000, 2003-05. 2019?
« Reply #86 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:51:13 pm »
Just done a predictions chart mapping the relative difficulty of each part of the season (based on opponents’ finishing position last year and whether home or away). Worked quite well last year (surprisingly). Three quarters of the season were reasonably accurate (predicted 40 points overall, got 40 points). Just the second quarter (9 games in Nov-Dec) let it down: predicted 11 points, got 4. If someone would be so kind as to advise me how to post a chart from Excel on here I shall share my clairvoyance for the collective enjoyment and/or ridicule  O0
No se ganó Zamora en una hora y lo barato sale caro

Offline Stottie

• General Member
  • Aal these sheep and you've got nae bacon!
« Reply #87 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 02:58:25 am »
Rafa is a strategist and that might save us, but with a lot of managers, that fixture list would put them under probably terminal pressure. At one stage last season, weren't we the only team in the bottom seven or eight who hadn't changed manager? There might have been two teams, but I think it was one.

I think fixtures are one of those things in football that are supposed to even out, but don't.

Offline 54

• NUFC54
  • General Member
  • This house is bitchin.
« Reply #88 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 10:39:32 am »
Rafa is a strategist and that might save us, but with a lot of managers, that fixture list would put them under probably terminal pressure. At one stage last season, weren't we the only team in the bottom seven or eight who hadn't changed manager? There might have been two teams, but I think it was one.

I think fixtures are one of those things in football that are supposed to even out, but don't.
There were only 4 teams in the bottom 8 that didn't change manager, the three promoted Teams and Bournemouth.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • a dildo in Thatcher's dead arse
« Reply #89 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 09:56:17 pm »
Initial live TV selections won't be revealed until a date yet to be confirmed in July. Last year it was July 6th. Here are the spurious dates being given by the Premier League, all to be taken with bucket-loads of salt:

Aug/Sep - 6th July
Oct/Nov - 7th August
Dec/Jan - 12th October
Feb - 12th December
Mar - 25th January
Apr - 22nd February
May - 5th April
Last game   - After the penultimate game
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.