Author Topic: Allan Saint-Maximin  (Read 109279 times)

Lazarus and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rafalove

• General Member
  • Was summerof69
Re: Allan Saint-Maximin
« Reply #1875 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 01:57:33 PM »
Had a bad game. Personally wouldn’t rule him out playing centrally further in his career, but not in that formation under this manager.

Offline toontownman

• General Member
« Reply #1876 on: Monday 26 October 2020, 02:46:10 PM »
Aye. Despite him playing well regardless, Miggy should have been there. Similar to Joelinton the game before. Oh he has been playing much better in this position, excellent, lets put him somewhere else.
Chris Hughton, simply the best manager we had from 2009-2010.

Offline AyeDubbleYoo

• General Member
  • Ian W
« Reply #1877 on: Thursday 29 October 2020, 10:33:18 AM »
It’s all about defending though, Miggy plays wide because Bruce wants another auxiliary fullback.

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #1878 on: Saturday 31 October 2020, 02:12:04 PM »
:lol: (He was replying to a mackem saying we haven't beat them since the 5-1)

But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Doctor Zaius

• General Member
« Reply #1879 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 10:21:02 PM »
He's our best player but he's not a No10. He's at his best on the left/right of a front 3 behind a lone striker.

If we play 532 there's no real position for him as the wingbacks get forward a lot more, yet he's too good to leave out.

Online relámpago blanco

• Likes gambling
  • General Member
  • aka Gorilla
« Reply #1880 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 10:36:46 PM »
There is room on the left as Murphy isn't good enough yet.  I think Murphy will come good in a year or so.

Offline Lenny

• General Member
« Reply #1881 on: Sunday 1 November 2020, 10:42:37 PM »
I don't personally want ASM playing with that much defensive responsibility, however he is at his best picking the ball up in a relatively deep position, driving a counter attack.

He's first name on the team sheet and equally not suited to a 5 at the back formation. Bit of a conundrum since we appear better with a 5 man defence.

Offline Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #1882 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 07:53:06 AM »
Ultimately, it's about getting the most out of a combination of 11 players, so not everybody is going to get their ideal role. I don't think we should put him on the wing and then fit everyone else around that. That acceleration and change of direction that he's got can be a very useful asset in a number 10 role anyway.
People generalise too much.

Offline Yorkie

• General Member
« Reply #1883 on: Monday 2 November 2020, 08:54:06 AM »
That Longstaff chance straight after the first goal; ASM's control of the long ball, second touch, dribble and pass was absolutely to die for. Sensational bit of play. Pace and directness around the box is obviously an asset to any attacking player, and is enough to put fear into defenders - but stuff like that really sets you apart. The defender might not as well have been there.

Offline Cronky

• General Member
« Reply #1884 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 08:51:37 AM »
The problem I saw last night with ASM in that free role is that he doesn't read the situation in front of him. He runs up blind alleys and doesn't seem to be able to release the ball without trying something himself first. A player in that position needs to show more flexibility and footballing intelligence. I'd like to see Fraser given a try in that role.
« Last Edit: Saturday 7 November 2020, 09:03:27 AM by Cronky »
People generalise too much.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #1885 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 10:08:52 AM »
He's a wide man. Every time he gets the ball he wants to run at people. He's best placed to do that out wide.

At this stage of his career he doesn't have the discipline or subtlety to play the role being asked of him. He's dropping way too deep, and trying to do way too much in very crowded areas of the pitch.

It's extraordinary that at this level we would use a player this way. It's what you see at school boy level when a kid is just better than everyone else and he just gets the ball all the time wherever he wants, to run past everyone and try to score.

Cringe worthy stuff.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline Thorpinho

• General Member
« Reply #1886 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 10:35:59 AM »
The tactical use of him makes my eyes bleed. Oppo managers have clearly said right he gets the ball so deep that we can just foul him. Him trying to maradona 86 everyone everytime does not work. Put him high and wide where defenders are less likely to want to give away free kicks.

Online Scotty66

• General Member
« Reply #1887 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 11:13:53 AM »
Also CB's are much better at stopping him than full backs.

CB's are stronger and taller and he doesn't stand a chance against them at the number 10 position.

Full backs are generally pacey players with high stamina who like to push high and leave space behind them. This is exactly what Saint maximin needs. Even if they double up on him out wide it means there is a space somewhere in the middle to exploit (if the players were coached well enough to spot it)

It's just p*ss poor management. I mean, really really bad.

Don't even get me started on the long high ball from deep to Wilson "because he can run fast"

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #1888 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 11:19:41 AM »
The tactical use of him makes my eyes bleed. Oppo managers have clearly said right he gets the ball so deep that we can just foul him. Him trying to maradona 86 everyone everytime does not work. Put him high and wide where defenders are less likely to want to give away free kicks.

This.

If anyone is more suited to a no.10 role it’s Almiron.

Offline alexf

• General Member
« Reply #1889 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 11:34:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure this only came about because ASM scored that wonder goal running through the middle vs Burnley.

What Bruce failed to realise is ASM was still playing from the left that game and just went and found the space at the time. Just like he did coming from the right for his assist in the same game.

No point overthinking things though. Bruce doesn't do "Tactics" as he stated himself.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1890 on: Saturday 7 November 2020, 12:50:17 PM »
i read somewhere last week that bruce says that's where ASM wants to play.

ffs, man. get a frip of ya players.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #1891 on: Tuesday 17 November 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
SSN now

Offline Thomson Mouse

• General Member
  • Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #1892 on: Friday 20 November 2020, 11:43:57 AM »
 :lol:

?s=21
People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

Online Lazarus

• General Member
« Reply #1893 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 12:28:03 PM »
Ive just found out his middle name is Irene.

:lol:

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #1894 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 05:24:44 PM »
as long as its not scapegoat.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline Candi_Hills

« Reply #1895 on: Sunday 22 November 2020, 05:51:36 PM »
There is room on the left as Murphy isn't good enough yet.  I think Murphy will come good in a year or so.

Murphy is 25. He won't make it at this level as long as his spinach comes out his sphincter.

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #1896 on: Today at 03:09:45 PM »
https://theathletic.com/2186807/2020/11/24/saint-maximin-newcastle-form/?source=user_shared_article

“The winger agreed to be followed by Amazon Prime for a documentary, One See Great, during which he declared the Games in Tokyo next summer as a “goal” he was striving for.“