Author Topic: Joelinton  (Read 62495 times)

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
Re: Joelinton
« Reply #1600 on: Yesterday at 12:37:38 PM »
Gayle scores goals in the Championship so can in the Premier League according to Bruce.
?s=21

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1601 on: Yesterday at 03:16:43 PM »
Problem with playing him as a second striker is, you need another striker.

Brucey doesn't, he's happy to leave the team building to Ashley's specially recruited transfer team.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #1602 on: Yesterday at 09:39:10 PM »
Fuckin s****
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline La Parka

• Not Leeds Mag
  • General Member
  • Up the rail!
« Reply #1603 on: Yesterday at 09:39:32 PM »

Offline Newcastle Fan

• General Member
  • NUFC forever
« Reply #1604 on: Yesterday at 09:45:31 PM »
Maybe a sub role with bringing him on for the last 20-25 minutes is the best case scenario at the moment.

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #1605 on: Yesterday at 09:47:26 PM »
He looked knackered when he came on. I hate it when subs come in and don’t bust a gut. They should be full of running, dragging players with tired legs all over. He looked goosed.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #1606 on: Yesterday at 09:51:52 PM »
He looked knackered when he came on. I hate it when subs come in and don’t bust a gut. They should be full of running, dragging players with tired legs all over. He looked goosed.

:snod:
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #1607 on: Yesterday at 09:53:58 PM »

Thought he looked quite mobile and sharp tbh, although he once again got his feet caught up when he got in the penalty area.

Offline Rod

• General Member
« Reply #1608 on: Yesterday at 10:15:01 PM »

Thought he looked quite mobile and sharp tbh, although he once again got his feet caught up when he got in the penalty area.
Hear hear.  I think the bloke is a complete plank as a number 9 but he did ok when he came on.  A back handed compliment if there ever was one.  😊

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #1609 on: Today at 06:58:48 AM »
There was one moment where he played the ball out to the right to Manquillo, who took it forward and went to put it in the box, looked up and nobody was there. Joelinton was still standing where he originally played the pass. He made no effort to even try and get in the box. Just doesn’t have that attacking mentality at all. Or he just couldn’t be arsed.

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #1610 on: Today at 07:01:24 AM »
Makes you wonder - were Hoffenheim using him differently, or did our scouts see something that simply isn't there?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Toonjam88

• General Member
« Reply #1611 on: Today at 07:10:05 AM »
There was one moment where he played the ball out to the right to Manquillo, who took it forward and went to put it in the box, looked up and nobody was there. Joelinton was still standing where he originally played the pass. He made no effort to even try and get in the box. Just doesn’t have that attacking mentality at all. Or he just couldn’t be arsed.
I saw that it p*ssed me right off he will never score if he doesn’t bust a gut to get into the box.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #1612 on: Today at 07:57:53 AM »
It may have been because the second goal took the wind out of them but I thought you could see the benefit of having him on the pitch over Carroll when he came on. We actually kept the ball in their half that didn’t involve a long ball.

I think he’ll come good in front of goal with time.

Offline Tiresias

• General Member
  • #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #1613 on: Today at 09:24:19 AM »
I am just not quite sure what he does, he doesn't seem to poach much, he doesn't seem to want to turn last defender and sprint through on goal, and while he is alright technically his hold up play isn't good enough for him to brint ASM and Almiron into the game in the manner of Firminio. He may have promise, and maybe he'll find his feet and start scoring but there's a while to go imo.
Just waiting for the glasses to go in the pocket

Offline Karjala

• General Member
« Reply #1614 on: Today at 10:08:05 AM »
£40m? Doesnt look with £4m
Nothing will change under Fat Cashley.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #1615 on: Today at 11:09:49 AM »
I don't think he's s***, I think there's a pretty good player there, but he doesn't work in the role Bruce has given him. And now his confidence is shot.

Offline Collage

• General Member
« Reply #1616 on: Today at 11:11:25 AM »
Makes you wonder - were Hoffenheim using him differently, or did our scouts see something that simply isn't there?

Used him quite a lot on the side in a forward 3 as well as one of 2 forwards, and also as an attacking midfielder I think.

Online sadnesstan

• General Member
« Reply #1617 on: Today at 11:15:51 AM »
Suffering from Mitro Syndrome. Young prospect brought in for a big fee, and expected to lead the line in the [allegedly] toughest league in the world.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #1618 on: Today at 11:31:19 AM »
I’m actually worried about him ever reaching the potential.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #1619 on: Today at 11:39:20 AM »
Mitro could at least hit the net though. This guy's pony.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline tgarve

• General Member
« Reply #1620 on: Today at 01:17:08 PM »

Used him quite a lot on the side in a forward 3 as well as one of 2 forwards, and also as an attacking midfielder I think.

Why would you want this guy on the side he literally crumbles when anyone comes near him
Follow me on twitter @tgarve

Offline hakka

• General Member
« Reply #1621 on: Today at 01:24:45 PM »
Makes you wonder - were Hoffenheim using him differently, or did our scouts preferred agent see something that simply isn't there?

Fixed that for you sir.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #1622 on: Today at 06:44:45 PM »
We smashed our transfer record on this absolute f***ing plank who has a scoring record now of 1 in 15

Theres defenders with better records than that. He makes Shola look like Drogba this useless c***
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle