Author Topic: Javier Manquillo  (Read 58984 times)

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
Re: Javier Manquillo
« Reply #975 on: Sunday 22 December 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
Weren't most people's negative opinion of him formed when he was played out of position as left back?

Played against Cardiff last year at right back and he was abysmal and looked like he faked an injury to get off the pitch

Offline Andy

• Administrator
« Reply #976 on: Sunday 22 December 2019, 02:44:15 PM »
Aye he's been s**** in both positions in the past. There's a noticeable physical improvement, that's the main difference. When he first got here he looked weak as p*ss and like he was running through treacle.

Offline xLiaaamx

• General Member
« Reply #977 on: Sunday 22 December 2019, 02:53:38 PM »
This squad seems to bring out the best in each other. Kept hearing about how much of a troublemaker ASM was for example, nothing since he's arrived. Shelvey's improved the stupid moments massively. Even Carroll looks interested in football again.

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #978 on: Sunday 22 December 2019, 03:40:46 PM »
He barely played in his proper position for ages tbf. Been good since moving to right back
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline reefatoon

• General Member
« Reply #979 on: Sunday 22 December 2019, 08:03:35 PM »
Looked like he had been Rafa’d, but coming into his own now.

Offline Benwell Lad

• General Member
« Reply #980 on: Monday 23 December 2019, 08:53:12 AM »
There were four pieces of excellent play that led to the goal.
It was just a cog in the machine but his cushioned lay back to Schär was quite sublime.

Offline madras

• Philosoraptor
  • General Member
« Reply #981 on: Monday 23 December 2019, 05:17:11 PM »
This squad seems to bring out the best in each other. Kept hearing about how much of a troublemaker ASM was for example, nothing since he's arrived. Shelvey's improved the stupid moments massively. Even Carroll looks interested in football again.
The only negatives I heard about ASM were his decision making on the pitch and held on to the ball too long, nowt about being trouble.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Offline Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #982 on: Monday 23 December 2019, 05:18:02 PM »
The only negatives I heard about ASM were his decision making on the pitch and held on to the ball too long, nowt about being trouble.

There was quite a bit made on his timekeeping in particular before he joined.
?s=21

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #983 on: Monday 23 December 2019, 05:19:26 PM »
He's still late to training every now and then :lol: Doesn't seem to have a bad attitude though, just a bit too laid back perhaps when it comes to arrive in time I imagine.

Offline Disco

• Newcastle
« Reply #984 on: Saturday 29 February 2020, 07:54:06 PM »
How’d this contract rebel get on?

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #985 on: Saturday 29 February 2020, 07:55:10 PM »
How’d this contract rebel get on?

Did pretty well I thought apart from one or two poor crosses. Our best best RB for sure.

Offline huss9

• General Member
  • heathen
« Reply #986 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 09:28:56 AM »
this kid needs his contract sorted out as a priority.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Offline John P

• General Member
« Reply #987 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 09:46:27 AM »
I would say his performances in the last 12 months warrant a new contract. Our most reliable full back?

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #988 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 10:07:39 AM »
I would say his performances in the last 12 months warrant a new contract. Our most reliable full back?

At a club that wanted to progress, sure. But at a zombie club with three right backs on the books already? Yedlin and Krafth next year it is :thdn:
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler.

"I have heard lots of nonsense about tactics but the big thing is about showing pride and having a go." 29/09/19

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #989 on: Wednesday 4 March 2020, 10:11:40 AM »
Krafth was such a pointless signing. Probably cost £10m with signing on fee + wages. Stupid.
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #990 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 01:55:23 PM »
Wants to leave next month according to the Chron.

Offline St1pe

• General Member
« Reply #991 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:02:09 PM »
Wants to leave next month according to the Chron.

I’m either annoyed at this given he’s out best right back or not bothered depending if the takeover happens. Weird.

Online wormy

• General Member
« Reply #992 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:06:25 PM »
If taken over - All the best, cheers for your efforts.

If not taken over - All the best, don't blame you.

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #993 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:10:43 PM »
Meh.

Where's he planning on going?

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #994 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:12:04 PM »
partridge_shrug.gif
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
  • Life imitates art
« Reply #995 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:16:24 PM »
Meh.

Where's he planning on going?

Agent has offered him to Betis and Sevilla. Wants to go back to Spain they reckon.

If taken over - All the best, cheers for your efforts.

If not taken over - All the best, don't blame you.

:thup:

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #996 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 02:49:57 PM »
Betis or Sevilla would be a good move for him
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #997 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 03:04:22 PM »
Good luck to him. He's a very solid right back, always thought he looked like he had the raw materials even when he was getting slaughtered by the fans. He's never going to be a world beater, but for Betis or Sevilla, he would probably do a decent job.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #998 on: Thursday 28 May 2020, 05:21:45 PM »
He was the epitome of s****/average like most of them man
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had