Poll

Will we sign another player this summer?

Aye
86 (30.9%)
Nay
192 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 277

Author Topic: Newcastle United transfer rumours  (Read 768090 times)

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
Re: Newcastle United transfer incompetence
« Reply #3975 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 06:37:46 PM »
i'd absolutely take a gamble on abraham at this stage for that price like, jesus it shouldn't even be a question given rafa had him lined up last summer

swansea were f***ing pish, not reading anything into his spell there

we'll not be interested
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Big Geordie

• General Member
« Reply #3976 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 07:10:23 PM »
Abraham is worth a punt at £15million, IMO. Will Ashley allow it though? I wouldn't expect so.
The truth points to itself

Offline Sho'Time

• General Member
« Reply #3977 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 07:39:01 PM »
Chelsea say Tammy Abraham can be had for 'around £15 million'

Now that would be great business IMO.

He's s***.

This is why we never get nice things :lol:

Kenedy was 's***' last year too apparently.

Just because he hasn't broken through yet, does not make him 's***'.

Such a simple way of looking at things.

No, Kenedy had a very good half-season for us when he was here. Abraham had a full, s*** season at Swansea. He hardly improved their fortunes and couldn't get a game ahead of Jordan Ayew because he wasn't good enough, so why would he change ours?

If Tammy Abraham is your idea of 'nice things' you unfortunately have had your expectations dampened that much by Mike Ashley that you see that as "great business". I would argue that's an even more simple way of looking at things.

Offline Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #3978 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 08:41:26 PM »
Word from Spurs fans is bid from us for Vincent Janssen

who was that mad spurs fan we used to have on here?

Leffe

Offline TRon

• General Member
« Reply #3979 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 08:42:02 PM »
Abraham at £15m is more than decent value in today's market, especially when some on here seem to think Gayle could fetch that sort of fee. He's big, fast and has an eye for goal. More importantly, I think he'd fit Rafa's style of play perfectly.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #3980 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 08:47:04 PM »
Abraham at £15m is more than decent value in today's market, especially when some on here seem to think Gayle could fetch that sort of fee. He's big, fast and has an eye for goal. More importantly, I think he'd fit Rafa's style of play perfectly.
I do worry he's the next Carlton Cole I have to admit.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline M1tche

• General Member
« Reply #3981 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 08:48:50 PM »
Didn't he start off quite well and Swansea and then get injured and never really got going again. If we got anywhere near 15 for Gayle and brought in Abraham that would be good business in my mind.

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3982 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:05:49 PM »
Another day down.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • This is not a "dog chasing a balloon".
« Reply #3983 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
Chelsea say Tammy Abraham can be had for 'around £15 million'

Now that would be great business IMO.

He's s***.

This is why we never get nice things :lol:

Kenedy was 's***' last year too apparently.

Just because he hasn't broken through yet, does not make him 's***'.

Such a simple way of looking at things.

No, Kenedy had a very good half-season for us when he was here. Abraham had a full, s*** season at Swansea. He hardly improved their fortunes and couldn't get a game ahead of Jordan Ayew because he wasn't good enough, so why would he change ours?

If Tammy Abraham is your idea of 'nice things' you unfortunately have had your expectations dampened that much by Mike Ashley that you see that as "great business". I would argue that's an even more simple way of looking at things.

Kenedy had done nothing in the league whatsoever before joining us, and a good few said it was a desperate signing and he was rubbish. Rafa rated him though.

Now everyone loves him and is upset that the club won't pay £30 million for him.

The same manager Rafa rates Abraham the same way, and actually prioritised him last summer as the striker to bring in early and straight away. Didn't he skip a wedding or somethign to go and see Abraham to convince him? Something barmy like that anyway.

I'd rather trust Rafa's judgement thank you very much. He was at Chelsea and knows a lot about those young players. I have no doubt Abraham would be a fantastic signing at that price, and Rafa would get the most out of him.

I mean ... I find this all so ridiculous. It's such short sighted thinking to be writing that player off, but you go ahead.
I'll be watching the games, and I'll be talking about the teams. If it's a disaster it will be quite humorous and exactly what Mike Ashley deserves and to be honest I'll quite enjoy it. I am totally indifferent to results and the team success going forward.

Now, in certain games should the team do well, I will be happy more for the players, because I feel bad for them mostly, and I still want to see some of them do well. I will still feel comfortable giving the team credit when they do well. I just don't care about any outcome at this point and none of my money goes into anything to do with Mike Ashley's operations.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #3984 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:11:18 PM »
Abraham >> Rondon any day for me. Definitely would rather buy potential than someone who's already proven to be average. I think Abraham will be a good player in time.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #3985 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:12:47 PM »
Doubt we'll sign anyone for more than 4-5m. Can see 1-2 players in that price category, at best.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #3986 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:13:52 PM »
Doubt we'll sign anyone for more than 4-5m. Can see 1-2 players in that price category, at best.

1 more loan in and 2 loans out imo

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3987 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:14:51 PM »
One loan and one £6m fifth-choice chap that everyone considers absolute w*** by the end of September.

Offline HTT

• tl;dr
  • General Member
« Reply #3988 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:17:14 PM »
Abraham would be an excellent signing even smashing our record, young and has all the attributes. Rafa has a lot to work with there and again although a top goal scorer would be nice, I can forget that if a striker’s all-round game gives us so much more and helps the team more ala Bellamy when Sir Bobby signed him.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

covmag

« Reply #3989 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:17:31 PM »
looked in again...........zip

:embarrassed:

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #3990 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:18:04 PM »
Exciting times lads and lasses. Making sure we have momentum going into the new season :lol: :lol: :( Last season the players had some momentum from winning the Championship, the willingness and hunger to show that they can do reasonably well in our first season back. Now I find it hard to believe that the players feel like we can build on from that. No backing for Rafa, unhappy fans. Why should/will the players show any ambition and desire when the people running the club dont do it. Rafa is an amazing manager and man, but I think even he will struggle really hard to do as well as last season, especially with other teams at least trying. Also, the players probably realize by now that Rafa wont stay after this season. But yeah, if anyone can get something out of the players it's Rafa, but it will be tough..

covmag

« Reply #3991 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 09:48:25 PM »
Exciting times lads and lasses. Making sure we have momentum going into the new season :lol: :lol: :( Last season the players had some momentum from winning the Championship, the willingness and hunger to show that they can do reasonably well in our first season back. Now I find it hard to believe that the players feel like we can build on from that. No backing for Rafa, unhappy fans. Why should/will the players show any ambition and desire when the people running the club dont do it. Rafa is an amazing manager and man, but I think even he will struggle really hard to do as well as last season, especially with other teams at least trying. Also, the players probably realize by now that Rafa wont stay after this season. But yeah, if anyone can get something out of the players it's Rafa, but it will be tough..

is there a poll out yet for where we think we will finish?

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3992 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:08:15 PM »

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #3993 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:11:13 PM »

Rafa's working hard meanwhile the rest of the club people are like....

Offline Ketsbaia

• General Member
« Reply #3994 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:12:27 PM »
That's the thing, this is merely to compete.

Our only hope is that we hold off relegation for a few years - write those seasons off - and pray for a hero to eventually buy us off Ashley. Then we can compete again, maybe pull off coups like Seri, Schurrle, Felipe Anderson etc. Just hang on for a while :(

Offline toon25

• General Member
« Reply #3995 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:19:54 PM »
Fulham signing players from Europe’s elite clubs and we’re desperately trying to get signings from relegated teams over the line  :lol:

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #3996 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:27:20 PM »
Ashley doing his best to get rid of Rafa and get a cheap yes man in. Rafa came in and gave the fans hope and belief that maybe this club can get somewhere under him even with only decent backing. I doubt Mike expected Rafa to become this popular and convince (make us believe) the fans that this club can and should be so much more. The c*** doesn’t like this, as he prefers the fans quiet and in total apathy.

Offline John P

• General Member
« Reply #3997 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:36:39 PM »
Still can't quite believe this transfer window is happening. Even my pessimistic mind thought we would sign a couple of players on top of Dubravka and Kenedy. It's utter insanity.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #3998 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:39:41 PM »
Being blown away by newly promoted teams who are a year behind us with the TV money. Wonder what the c***s running our clubs excuse is for us being the poorest and stingiest team in the league by an absolute mile
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3999 on: Tuesday 24 July 2018, 10:45:32 PM »