Author Topic: Newcastle United monitoring rumours  (Read 129070 times)

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
Re: Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press
« Reply #1750 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:18:58 pm »
Because we're selling 3 players who basically didn't play for us last year when we finished 10th? :lol:

I mean Merino is the only one of the three that contributed anything towards the 44 points, and even that was minimal.

There's much more to it than that, you have have be pretty oblivious to not see that tbh. I'm sick and f***ing tired of every year having to sell players because Ashley is a c***.

I'm beyond frustrated with it all, i no longer want to invest energy into something which is run by a man who actively wants to self destruct everything around him. I felt this way before Rafa but i wanted to believe but honestly it doesn't matter, Rafa is meaningless while this man is the owner it doesn't even matter.

If you can do that then more power to you but i'd rather invest energy into something which i can actually enjoy, there's no enjoyment as long as Ashley is around and it took me till now to realise that Rafa doesn't change that.

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
« Reply #1751 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:24:04 pm »
From the Ronny Gill:

Gossip: Sevilla to make offer for Florian Lejeune
Estadio Deportivo report that Sevilla are ready to make a move for Florian Lejeune and will start with a €10m bid. Rafa Benitez is determined to keep the Frenchman at Newcastle United.

WTF we paid about that, maybe more for him a year ago, he was a bargain then, and he excelled this year. Why would they even think we would accept that offer ?

Offline Teasy

• General Member
« Reply #1752 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:27:57 pm »
Because we're selling 3 players who basically didn't play for us last year when we finished 10th? :lol:

I mean Merino is the only one of the three that contributed anything towards the 44 points, and even that was minimal.

There's much more to it than that, you have have be pretty oblivious to not see that tbh. I'm sick and f***ing tired of every year having to sell players because Ashley is a c***.

I'm beyond frustrated with it all, i no longer want to invest energy into something which is run by a man who actively wants to self destruct everything around him. I felt this way before Rafa but i wanted to believe but honestly it doesn't matter, Rafa is meaningless while this man is the owner it doesn't even matter.

If you can do that then more power to you but i'd rather invest energy into something which i can actually enjoy, there's no enjoyment as long as Ashley is around and it took me till now to realise that Rafa doesn't change that.

What on earth does any of that have to do with us suddenly being favourites for relegation??  That's what I disagreed with, you'd think by your response that I called it a great bit of business or something...
Rage and love, story of my life.  The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #1753 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:30:24 pm »
From the Ronny Gill:

Gossip: Sevilla to make offer for Florian Lejeune
Estadio Deportivo report that Sevilla are ready to make a move for Florian Lejeune and will start with a €10m bid. Rafa Benitez is determined to keep the Frenchman at Newcastle United.

WTF we paid about that, maybe more for him a year ago, he was a bargain then, and he excelled this year. Why would they even think we would accept that offer ?

Perhaps, just perhaps, people are talking absolute s*** in the transfer window as usual.

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
« Reply #1754 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:31:23 pm »
Now that's a waky notion.

Offline Dr.Spaceman

• General Member
« Reply #1755 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:37:29 pm »
Nah, everything negative is true and all the positive articles are false.

Offline Kanji

• PGA
  • General Member
« Reply #1756 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 05:58:38 pm »
Sign Golovin :lol:
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
« Reply #1758 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 06:26:59 pm »
Daftest rumour yet?:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mario-gotze-eyes-premier-league-12708170.amp

Would be an excellent fit here under Rafa, I'm sure he could get him playing to that potential he clearly has.  Not going to happen though, seems like an Arsenal of old type of signing.

Offline Shelvey's Hair

• General Member
« Reply #1759 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 08:02:53 pm »
Daftest rumour yet?:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mario-gotze-eyes-premier-league-12708170.amp

He has got a muscle disease called myopathy.. will probably affect his chances of getting a top level move.
« Last Edit: Thursday 14 June 2018, 10:00:42 pm by Shelvey's Hair »

Offline summerof69

• General Member
« Reply #1760 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 08:29:01 pm »
Don’t want the lose Merino, but it’s f we could bring in Maia, Fabian, or Loftus-Cheek it wouldn’t be disastrous

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #1761 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 09:22:49 pm »
Ozyakup has signed a new deal as expected after being out of contract (if I'm not mistaken). Think it was mentioned in an article that they would let him see out his contract only to sign a new deal so that Besiktas don't have to pay the 30 percent sell on clause Arsenal included as part of the transfer.

Having said that, I guess we're thinking about maybe, eventually monitor even more..

Offline Menace

• General Member
  • If only.
« Reply #1763 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:14:37 pm »
No ta
Quote from: Sunderland Fan
We are always second best to them, always.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • me good at trades
« Reply #1764 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:23:38 pm »
Mitrovic was linked with Palace at some point right? Maybe as part of such a deal.
Isla will apprently be a wing back in QPRs 3-5-2, so will have a chance to do some things in the final third, while being listed as a defender! ($$$$$$$).

Aluko will be playing upfront in place of Long, but is listed as a midfielder! ($$$$$$$).

I thank you  :smug:

Offline Klaus

• General Member
« Reply #1765 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:28:43 pm »
The new Andy Carroll. We will be linked with him every transfer window.

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1766 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:56:47 pm »
Zaha realistic?

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • me good at trades
« Reply #1767 on: Thursday 14 June 2018, 11:57:39 pm »
We've been linked with James Maddison as well as Grealish. Seen a fair bit of Grealish, but not really Maddison. Just watched his season highlights with Norwich and he looks very very impressive.

Stats wise he had a far more productive season than Grealish, and so quite surprised he isn't getting quite the same amount of hype. He really looks a fantastic attacking midfielder.

Pretty exciting for England who have not really produced these type of natural number 10s of late to have these two coming through. They are really young too, but have got a lot of playing experience in the Championship, which is great for them and England.

Would be a real shame if they join a prem club that doesn't continue to give them ample playing time. Newcastle would have been a fantastic option for either in that regard, but unfortunately it doesn't appear we can compete with the fees others will offer.

« Last Edit: Friday 15 June 2018, 12:40:24 am by KaKa »
Isla will apprently be a wing back in QPRs 3-5-2, so will have a chance to do some things in the final third, while being listed as a defender! ($$$$$$$).

Aluko will be playing upfront in place of Long, but is listed as a midfielder! ($$$$$$$).

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #1768 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 12:00:32 am »
Yeah Maddison had a fantastic season and looks a really good player. Had a good game against Chelsea in the cup too iirc. Would cost a lot to get Norwich to part with him so soon I reckon (only been in the first team for a year).

Offline Dave

• Administrator

Offline Disco

• #votekaka2018
« Reply #1770 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 12:39:05 am »
No chance Roy is wanting rid of Townsend and Coll’ge Pala’e said Zaha touches kids pap allegedly so no thanks.

Offline KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • General Member
  • me good at trades
« Reply #1771 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 12:46:51 am »
Yeah Maddison had a fantastic season and looks a really good player. Had a good game against Chelsea in the cup too iirc. Would cost a lot to get Norwich to part with him so soon I reckon (only been in the first team for a year).

I really was stunned watching his highlights from the season. He looks a tremendous talent.

Can't believe that was his first season at that level, and he performed so well.

Well ... I guess Norwich is a team we have actually successfully done business with recently, without upsetting them with pathetic bids, so who knows.

Offline Away Toon

• Heavy user of Pritt Stick
  • General Member
« Reply #1772 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 01:24:53 am »
Zaha realistic?

Have to hope that this a hypothetical question.
Modern Capitalism: Giving arseholes self esteem since 1850

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
« Reply #1773 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 03:18:11 am »
Every year there's a team that buys a rival player. Liverpool and Everton have been doing it recently. We can do it.

Offline afar

• General Member
  • When we were good !
« Reply #1774 on: Friday 15 June 2018, 05:39:16 am »
Wonder if Palace will be able to hang onto Zaha, surprised there's been no gossip about him moving yet.