Poll

Will we sign another player this summer?

Aye
86 (30.9%)
Nay
192 (69.1%)

Total Members Voted: 275

Author Topic: Newcastle United transfer rumours  (Read 655663 times)

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
Re: Newcastle United transfer rumours
« Reply #7725 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 06:45:23 am »
Is there a more antithetical Ashley transfer than Juan Mata? Old and on huge wages?
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Online Collage

• General Member
« Reply #7726 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 06:47:18 am »
Would love Mata tbh.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7727 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 08:59:17 am »
If we went back to 4-2-3-1, imagine Almiron, Mata & Perez behind Rondon. :fwap:
?s=21

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #7728 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:05:33 am »
How are we paying his wages?
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline steve_69

• General Member
« Reply #7729 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:08:16 am »
If we get Mata it'll be some sort of loan deal surely?
Longstaff goes there and we get Mata on loan for a season as part of the deal

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7730 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:09:27 am »
He’s out of contract so no.
?s=21

Offline STM

• General Member
« Reply #7731 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:12:33 am »
As in this is his last year or hes going into his last year?

Still dont see how we afford his wages, even without a transfer fee.
Sir Bobby Robson: “What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7732 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:12:51 am »
we're in a bad place if we're dreaming of signing mata even on a free like lads :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline gdm

• General Member
« Reply #7733 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:23:27 am »
we're in a bad place if we're dreaming of signing mata even on a free like lads :lol:

We’ve been in a bad place for 11 years. This is Newcastle United now

Offline joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
  • General Member
« Reply #7734 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 09:25:18 am »

Are you saying he's a bad player?

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #7735 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 10:13:21 am »

wat
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7736 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 10:48:11 am »
Why is that being in a bad place? He’d easily be the best player we’ve had since 2003-2004 Alan Shearer.
?s=21

Offline County Durham Mag

• General Member
« Reply #7737 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 12:36:07 pm »
Why is that being in a bad place? He’d easily be the best player we’ve had since 2003-2004 Alan Shearer.

Wijnaldum for me. Quality. How many players have we had that have been a regular for a top 2 side and in several team of the seasons I've seen

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #7738 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 12:45:21 pm »
Wijnaldum's been in several team of the seasons you've seen? He's not even guaranteed to be in Liverpool's first team. Anyway he was largely s**** and barely tried a leg after Christmas. Rafa dropped him for the last few meaningful games
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #7739 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 12:51:59 pm »

Are you saying he's a bad player?

no, the opposite, that we're in a state of delusion there may be no coming back from

it'll be jacob murphy's brother in on loan to replace perez :thup:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline healthyaddiction

• General Member
  • Jenova's Witness
« Reply #7740 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 12:54:33 pm »
Wijnaldum's been in several team of the seasons you've seen? He's not even guaranteed to be in Liverpool's first team. Anyway he was largely s**** and barely tried a leg after Christmas. Rafa dropped him for the last few meaningful games
He's started more games than any other Liverpool midfielder this season. He's started practically every game.

Online Optimistic Nut

• General Member
« Reply #7741 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 04:02:04 pm »
?s=21
?s=21

Offline TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
  • General Member
« Reply #7742 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 04:04:08 pm »
Love how we still get lumped in with teams, knowing fine well we don't spend that sort of money.

Offline Ikon

• General Member
« Reply #7743 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 04:05:07 pm »
Rather have Cristian Pavón ;)

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #7744 on: Wednesday 22 May 2019, 11:48:29 pm »
Love how we still get lumped in with teams, knowing fine well we don't spend that sort of money.

Probably only chance we would have is if Derby don’t come up and Liverpool want to loan him to a Premier League side next season :thup:

I can see Liverpool maybe cashing in though and selling him to a Bournemouth for like £25million.

He looks like he has the skill set to make the step up like Maddison.

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #7745 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:00:49 am »
It's debatable on Wij's impact, but I will say he's one of the best players on the ball in terms of how he could receive possession in any situation and you'd trust him 100% not to give the ball away. An absolutely underrated quality, and I personally loved that about him.
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
« Reply #7746 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:11:43 am »
It's debatable on Wij's impact, but I will say he's one of the best players on the ball in terms of how he could receive possession in any situation and you'd trust him 100% not to give the ball away. An absolutely underrated quality, and I personally loved that about him.
I used to hate that as he was one of our more talented players playing in an attacking position and he always just made the simple pass instead of trying something creative

Offline Gallowgate End

• General Member
« Reply #7747 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 12:17:40 am »

:thup:

Offline johnny36

« Reply #7748 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 01:33:17 am »
If we were after a Derby player I would prefer Mount. Chelsea might loan out again

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #7749 on: Thursday 23 May 2019, 02:00:24 pm »
I used to hate that as he was one of our more talented players playing in an attacking position and he always just made the simple pass instead of trying something creative

Maybe if he's further forward its an issue, but he had an insanely good first touch and could dribble out of tight situations constantly, it was great to watch
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"