Author Topic: The other games today 2018/19  (Read 602566 times)

Offline Astroblack

• mkdisciple
  • General Member
Re: The other games today 2018/19
« Reply #24375 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:39:39 PM »
Top three in the CL. 4-7 have a playoff for the last spot. Losers in the EL would be interesting. Might have been kicked about a while back. Think now is the time to implement.

Offline McLoven#11

• General Member
« Reply #24376 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:41:06 PM »
FA Cup winner in Champions League.

Offline Village Idiot

• General Member
  • Want a hug?
« Reply #24377 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:52:24 PM »
Hilarious if Villarreal end up winning the EL and get relegated in the same season. Play Polideportivo Ejido on Sunday, Bayern on Wednesday.
"us" = Barça

-------------------

"At times of crisis, people spend money to see us play: we've got a responsibility to play nice football, otherwise what the hell are they spending their money for?"
-Paco Jémez-

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #24378 on: Thursday 14 March 2019, 10:58:21 PM »
Top three in the CL. 4-7 have a playoff for the last spot. Losers in the EL would be interesting. Might have been kicked about a while back. Think now is the time to implement.

I like this idea even though it would never happen. I think the league format needs to change to make it more exciting.

Offline Infinitely Content

• General Member
« Reply #24379 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:17:55 AM »
Barcelona - Man United is a great prospect.

Spurs got City, Ajax got Juve, and Liverpool got Porto.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #24380 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:23:48 AM »

I make Juve favourites - Great chance for Man City too

Offline ManDoon

• General Member
« Reply #24381 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:26:03 AM »
That draw for Liverpool :anguish:
:lol: I dunno. I'm starting to think it was us.
Trump will do well man. Don't know why but I really feel this will be the case. Really hope it will come to be that way.

Steve Bruce "“We can’t compete with the bigs boys at the top end so the cup is our best bet - it’s a lovely day out”"

Offline leffe186

• General Member
« Reply #24382 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:28:09 AM »

#Surprisednotsurprised
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

firetotheworks

« Reply #24383 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
Can see a couple of upsets in those.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #24384 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:36:38 AM »
City have underachieved and bottled it a lot in the CL.  Good chance to get to the final now.  I'd make them favourites over two legs against Juve, assuming they get past Ajax, of course. .

So I'm sure City will lose to Spurs now.

Offline Lush Vlad

• General Member
  • Vlad The Impaler (Nath)
« Reply #24385 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:37:36 AM »
Man U are going to bore their way past Barca and we'll that God awful 'Ole's at the wheel' and the media wanking over him for eternity. 

Offline Disco

« Reply #24386 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:39:18 AM »
Drawing the SF before the QFs have been played in a non-bracket situation is vile.

• General Member
« Reply #24387 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:41:57 AM »
Man U are going to bore their way past Barca and we'll that God awful 'Ole's at the wheel' and the media wanking over him for eternity.

I hope not.

I'm confident Barcelona will beat them like, in both ties. Suarez & Coutinho have that Liverpool/Manchester derby experience and Messi will dismantle that Man U defence.

I'll be expecting a Juventus Barcelona final now I think.

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #24388 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:49:36 AM »

#Surprisednotsurprised

I hate them, but this totally neglects the fact they had a rancid group, beat Bayern and then may have to beat Barca and City to win it.
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #24389 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 11:51:20 AM »
Wish people would stop with this bollocks first time Ronaldo v Messi in a CL final - it’s happened before you know  :lol:

Offline Mole_Toonfan

• General Member
« Reply #24390 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:02:23 PM »
I don't trust any English team against Barcelona, they are all way too open tactically. I know Roma happened but in general over the last few years they've lost to teams who can slow Messi down and i don't trust any English team to do that.

The only team left who i can see doing that is Juventus, i haven't looked at the draw in detail as it pertains to the Semi's but the whole thing is smacking of Juve vs Barca.

Offline Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • General Member
« Reply #24391 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:02:50 PM »

Great prospect for who? :lol:

Offline Fugazi

• General Member
  • NE28
« Reply #24392 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:11:44 PM »
People who dislike Man U
Consider winning

• General Member
« Reply #24393 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:13:06 PM »

Great prospect for who? :lol:

I think it's a good tie, the best of this stage.

Offline Mikky

• General Member
« Reply #24394 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:14:12 PM »
I don't trust any English team against Barcelona, they are all way too open tactically. I know Roma happened but in general over the last few years they've lost to teams who can slow Messi down and i don't trust any English team to do that.

The only team left who i can see doing that is Juventus, i haven't looked at the draw in detail as it pertains to the Semi's but the whole thing is smacking of Juve vs Barca.

I’m going for Juve to win it - it’s now or never.for them - the draw on their side is kind - Man C are yet to prove themselves at this level

Offline The Prophet

• General Member
« Reply #24395 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:15:00 PM »
Not sure what would be more unbearable: Liverpool fans or the OGS love in *shudders*
It's basically what gives us the upper hand even in times of crisis. "Cannit wait man, we're gonna batter them, hope it's 4 or 5 nil, fancy such and such for a hat trick, we're going got Europe, they're a yo-yo team" Then five minutes into the game "s***, why haven't we scored? They've had a shot! Why aren't we all over them? How come there are two teams in the game? f***, what if we don't win? f***s SAKE CLEAR IT SHOOT TACKLE HIM BOO! What if we lose, PANIC PANIC BRUCE MAN WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHY DID HE MISS THAT SHOT, IS HE A MAG?! IT'S BECAUSE BRUCE IS A MAG! f*** OFF STEWARD ARE YOU A f***ing MAG? BET ALL THESE COPPERS ARE MAGS, AND THE MEDIA! THE REF'S A f***ing MAG! AM I A MAG?! Wait, blacked out for a second there. Ah, f***, we've lost again."

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #24396 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:17:18 PM »
Europa draw:

Napoli v Arsenal
Villarreal v Valencia
Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt
Slavia Prague v Chelsea

p*ss easy draw for Chelsea

Offline Disco

« Reply #24397 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:17:51 PM »
Napoli/Arsenal v Villarreal/Valencia
Slavia/Chelsea v Benfica/Frankfurt

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #24398 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:38:17 PM »
Great draw for Barca
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

Offline triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • General Member
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #24399 on: Friday 15 March 2019, 12:39:39 PM »
Napoli Arsenal is a great draw
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"