Poll

What would be the best option?

Theresa May's deal
Walk away with no deal
Forget it and stay in

Author Topic: why is it so hard to do a Brexit  (Read 640726 times)

Offline ikri

• General Member
Re: why is it so hard to do a Brexit
« Reply #24950 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 04:05:11 pm »

I've little time for him, but that's pretty f***ing outrageous. :lol:

I mean, it is, isn't it?

Julia Heartless-b****** saying something outrageous again?  I'm shocked.

Offline Disco

• General Member
« Reply #24951 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 04:41:57 pm »
Aye, of course it is.  Mind working at Student Loans, and medical students, nurses, they were the most heartbreaking to deal with.  Get f*** all help from the government, and pushed towards NHS bursaries which were a f***ing pittance.  Like, any normal, random student can get a tonne more than they do.  It's mental, honestly f***ing insane. 

They’ve been scrapped for nurses. Get a nice wad of SL debt now instead.

Offline geordiesteve710

• General Member
« Reply #24952 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 04:55:15 pm »
I think I'm probably missing something but is there any reason why he couldn't have gone in with the other party leaders and if (when) she refused to compromise come out and issue a statement, ideally a joint one with the other leaders explaining she's not open to compromise on her deal, isn't prepared to take no deal off the table so there's not much point in carrying on discussions on this basis.
Log on to the N-O forum.
Check the transfer thread in the vague hope we might be going to spend some money, get p*ssed off.
Move to the Mike Ashley thread because I'm p*ssed off, get more p*ssed off.
Come to this thread to cheer myself up a bit.
Leave.
Repeat.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #24953 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 05:06:28 pm »
I think I'm probably missing something but is there any reason why he couldn't have gone in with the other party leaders and if (when) she refused to compromise come out and issue a statement, ideally a joint one with the other leaders explaining she's not open to compromise on her deal, isn't prepared to take no deal off the table so there's not much point in carrying on discussions on this basis.

There's no reason he couldn't have done that.  It wasn't a wrong move from him as such, the results all ended the same for every idiot that went to see her, but he gave himself another bad PR run. 
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #24954 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 06:32:23 pm »
New thread time?

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #24955 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 06:46:02 pm »
Should we just keep it all in the UK thread?  Or make another?  I don't feel decisive enough to make the call. :lol:

Had hoped it would be done. :dave:
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Offline neesy111

• General Member
« Reply #24956 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 06:47:13 pm »
Should we just keep it all in the UK thread?  Or make another?  I don't feel decisive enough to make the call. :lol:

Had hoped it would be done. :dave:

We'll still be commentating on it in 10 years time.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #24957 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 06:49:46 pm »
Well that's kind of the point.  It's so intrinsically part of British politics now that it'll be forever talked about, or at least for another few years.  Can't say I feel it's a seperate debate anymore, but your lot's call unless one of the other admin make a new thread.  In which case it's their call. :aww:

Offline Adam^

• General Member
« Reply #24958 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 07:16:22 pm »
This utter s*** show deserves its own thread tbh.

Offline mrmojorisin75

• General Member
« Reply #24959 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 07:45:38 pm »
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

Offline Bizza

• General Member
  • Darlington FC, Newcastle United
« Reply #24960 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 08:10:38 pm »

:thup:

Offline Dokko

• TT
  • General Member
« Reply #24961 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 09:33:08 pm »
Thousand pages of brexit. Ffs. Should have been over by page 250.  :lol:

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #24962 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 10:19:01 pm »
She wants to change the Good Friday Agreement to get her deal through. :mackems:

She really is going to bring back plan A for her plan B. :harry:

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #24963 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 10:23:13 pm »
She wants to change the Good Friday Agreement to get her deal through. :mackems:

I’m pretty certain she won’t get that through like.

Offline Bizza

• General Member
« Reply #24964 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 10:26:46 pm »
f***ing about with the good Friday agreement ffs, hope it literally blows up in her face.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #24965 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 10:32:57 pm »

I’m pretty certain she won’t get that through like.

Makes you wonder why she's bothering.  Just throwing ideas out via the media, hoping something strikes a chord with the public?

Offline Bizza

• General Member
« Reply #24966 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 10:35:55 pm »
Wew 1000 pages of f***ing brexit :lol:

Offline BottledDog

• General Member
« Reply #24967 on: Sunday 20 January 2019, 10:57:57 pm »
Who voted to throw us into this shitstorm.

Well, nomatter, it was the will of the people.

See you all for tea and digestives at the end of the next 1000 pages. :banghead:
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Offline BlufPurdi

• Administrator