Author Topic: Rafa Benítez: "After three years of unfulfilled promises, I did not trust them"  (Read 935807 times)

Offline Ian W

• General Member
  • ex NUFC fan
Re: Rafael Benítez
« Reply #12475 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 03:23:17 pm »
The club are pushing for an answer :lol:

Always been very important to them to do things promptly.

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #12476 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 03:33:40 pm »
Joint 7th worst defence in the league now.

In the words of gun toting patriot Dean “Rafa Out!”

Jesus in a moment of emotion after that run of 9 games on the trot I made a statement I'm never going to live down FFS

Heat of the moment s*** man oh and gun toting patriot....really??

You're insinuating I'm some kind of intolerant racist which is totally not the case. I may have firearms but f*** me it's a given here in the deep south
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline Conjo

• General Member
« Reply #12477 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 03:33:54 pm »
Toon Army Norway - www.newutd.no

Offline |maze|

• General Member
« Reply #12478 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 03:36:47 pm »
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-gets-written-offer-15992444

Chronicle site crashed my work laptop twice. Mind copy/paste on here?

Newcastle United boss Rafa Benitez insists he is relaxed about his contract situation at St James' Park.

It is believed that United have made Benitez a written offer to entice him to extend his deal beyond this season.

With the club on 35 points, many feel that Newcastle are more or less safe from relegation and the time is right to reopen negotiations on the deal during the international break.

However, when asked if he would be sitting down with managing director Lee Charnley any time soon, Benitez simply said: "We have plenty of time, yes."

The encouraging sign is that Benitez is not shutting the door on the prospect of staying on Tyneside.

The verdict of the dressing room is also quite clear on what happens next with their manager with Isaac Hayden, Ayoze Perez and Matt Ritchie all saying publicly that Benitez should remain in charge.

Benitez will officially start contract talks once Newcastle are declared as a Premier League club for next season.

For now he is delighted with his players, when asked if he was proud of the team, he said: "I think they are working so hard.

"You can see that in every game.

"You could see at Bournemouth they did that until the last minute of every game.

"We were losing and we kept pushing.  Some teams would think they'd lost and give up, but we didn't do that.

"We had a good reaction."

United players will return to training on Wednesday after a five-day break.

Benitez said: "We have the international break and they can relax a little bit.

"They can enjoy it with the families and come back with their batteries charged."
Seriously, watch this interview:
Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifpb55bXkrg
"He (Mike Ashley) loves football but he sometimes can't understand how it works and it confuses and upsets him, and when he is upset he does things that aren't brilliant for the football club." - Alan Pardew about Mike Ashley

Offline Wilson

• Book Wanker
  • General Member
  • The Mike, The.
« Reply #12479 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 03:43:31 pm »
Gun toting patriot :lol:

Offline HaydnNUFC

• General Member
  • Yes, I'm really that young.
« Reply #12480 on: Tuesday 19 March 2019, 04:50:49 pm »
But...6 in a row. But...Calciopoli.

I reckon Haydn wears pure concentrated pheromones.

Offline Shearergol

• General Member
  • The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #12481 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 07:26:25 pm »
What’s with all the Valencia stuff on his Instagram today?

Offline khay

• General Member
« Reply #12482 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 08:57:41 pm »
100 years old.

Offline chopey

• General Member
« Reply #12483 on: Wednesday 20 March 2019, 09:23:42 pm »
What’s with all the Valencia stuff on his Instagram today?

I did the Valencia tour and they love Rafa
Mike Ashley stole my 30's

Offline ToonArmy1892

• General Member
« Reply #12484 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 01:24:29 am »
"United players will return to training on Wednesday after a five-day break."

Since when was Sunday to Wednesday five days? :lol:

Good old chronicle.

Offline Disco

« Reply #12485 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 02:23:32 am »

Jesus in a moment of emotion after that run of 9 games on the trot I made a statement I'm never going to live down FFS

You're insinuating I'm some kind of intolerant racist which is totally not the case. I may have firearms but f*** me it's a given here in the deep south

Heat of the moment :lol: you’re delewed. And, if you’re not and, also accounting for the scorching temperatures last season you have once again repeatedly shat yourself time and time again this season.

Also, I’m inferring you’re a total knacker. Nothing more, nothing less. A know nowt reactionary blowhard. Ironically made all the better (funnier) because you’re a self identified real man, a hard man who hates soft c***s - as you’ve stated previous.

The guns stuff if just a wee bit of banter as I know it’s gets a rise, as you’ve just proven. Plus given you’re so considered and rational in your posts you should definitely carry deadly weapons.

:safetywink:

Offline r0cafella

• General Member
« Reply #12486 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 03:14:12 am »

Heat of the moment :lol: you’re delewed. And, if you’re not and, also accounting for the scorching temperatures last season you have once again repeatedly shat yourself time and time again this season.

Also, I’m inferring you’re a total knacker. Nothing more, nothing less. A know nowt reactionary blowhard. Ironically made all the better (funnier) because you’re a self identified real man, a hard man who hates soft c***s - as you’ve stated previous.

The guns stuff if just a wee bit of banter as I know it’s gets a rise, as you’ve just proven. Plus given you’re so considered and rational in your posts you should definitely carry deadly weapons.

:lol:
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline Rich

• General Member
« Reply #12487 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 07:35:22 am »
Fuuuuuuuuuck.
It could’ve been worse, I could’ve been born a mackem.

Offline Elric

• General Member
« Reply #12488 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 08:02:33 am »
RIP :lol:
Soon this will feel like a distant dream. Until then, may you rest in a deep and dreamless slumber

Offline Darth Crooks

• General Member
  • The greatest show on Darth
« Reply #12489 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 09:04:26 am »
Discman went Falling Down on us

Offline Pixelphish

• General Member
« Reply #12490 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 12:00:47 pm »
Murder on the dance floor.
Aye. Just felt I did it at the same time as you and you came out tops every time. Just in a bad mood now after Pixelhax.

Have to get this out now:

Pixel you're either hacking with the demo, or you're too f***ing good to constantly hammer us to the ground with it every time we play. Starts to take the p*ss a bit. I mean, I don't want you to not enjoy the game, but at the same time I'd quite like to enjoy playing it too.

Offline Mattoon

• General Member
« Reply #12491 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 12:07:44 pm »
International breaks always bring the best out in here
[What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #12492 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 12:43:29 pm »

Offline Rich

• General Member
« Reply #12493 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 01:38:38 pm »
Do Dinho next, Disco.
It could’ve been worse, I could’ve been born a mackem.

Offline Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
  • General Member
« Reply #12494 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 02:13:59 pm »

Offline Dinho lad

• i lov u hatem
  • General Member
« Reply #12495 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 02:29:54 pm »

Offline geordiedean

• General Member
« Reply #12496 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 06:08:50 pm »

Wow can't say nowt to that fair play fella
and now Tudor's gone down for Newcastle

Offline Tribesman

• General Member
« Reply #12497 on: Thursday 21 March 2019, 07:35:43 pm »
The contract negotiations between the club and Benitez are starting to remind me of Brexit.  :lol:

Offline Raconteur

• General Member
  • I don't see any method at all, sir
« Reply #12498 on: Friday 22 March 2019, 12:17:35 am »
The contract negotiations between the club and Benitez are starting to remind me of Brexit.  :lol:

With Mike Ashley as May - "Here are my red lines, sign or I'll burn everything."
Steve Bruce: Ashley Enabler

Offline Paully

• General Member
« Reply #12499 on: Friday 22 March 2019, 05:45:09 am »
?s=21